Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 137996 times)

vkm91941

Re: Get Well Messages for Chris**News Update * 08/01/06
« Reply #420 on: August 01, 2006, 11:03:49 pm »
OK just one more and then I'll shut up...LOL  ;)... I am just so happy about this news that I cannot contain myself....

Okay, this is showing my age but a long time ago I used to watch a cartoon called Quick Draw McGraw. One of its characters was Snuffles the bloodhound, who would only help Quick Draw and his sidekick Baba-Looey after he was given a dog biscuit. Once he'd popped that treat in his mouth, he'd moan in joy, hug himself euphorically, then levitate above the stage before floating back to the floor in an orgy of treat-satiated nirvana.

That's me today, my little buckaroos, my dudes and dudettes, my. . . (cough)  Sorry. Reining myself in here.

Still, that is me today. Because Chris is getting well and  as we speak plans are being made to get him the therapy he needs to complete the journey. This is the day toward which we have all  been working for almost two weeks  now, the day when we finally get to see the results of all our worry, prayers, light, love, candles and copious good wishes
It's simply a day to celebrate .   Our Friend is getting well one day at a time and that is a very good thing.

Thanks for indulging me,  :-* Victoria

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #421 on: August 02, 2006, 12:27:38 am »
I am so happy to hear this good news about Chris!

Happy.... and relieved.  :D

Let's keep up the positive energy, good thoughts and prayers for Chris.

It's working. Let's not stop now!   :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #422 on: August 02, 2006, 12:49:06 am »
I've got a smile on my face--this is the best news that I've gotten since last Wednesday when we heard that you'd woken up, Chris. I can't tell you how happy I am to hear word from Shea, especially that you are out of ICU and will be moving to SLC on Thursday. When you come back here, you can use Sally Fields' famous quote from her 1985 Oscars acceptance speech, "You like me! You really like me!"

You bet we do, and we won't be letting you forget it either.

I know the next few days and weeks will be especially tough for you, so I am greeting this new phase of your recovery with a quote from The Princess Diaries, starring our own Anne Hathaway. This is an excerpt from a letter her character finds that was written by her father:

"It is a custom in my family to pass on a piece of wisdom when one reaches this age; I pass it on to you as my father passed it on to me. Emilia – ‘Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.’ The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all. From now on you will be traveling the road between who you think you are and who you can be. The key is to allow yourself to make the journey."

If 25 pages of this thread haven't been enough to convince you, you'd better believe we'll be with you every step of the way on that journey, even though we are miles away and spread across the globe. We're with you Chris, and we're so glad you're with us.

Love,

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Lighting Candles and Prayers for Chris (merged threads)
« Reply #423 on: August 02, 2006, 12:52:26 am »
Goin over there right now, anyone want to come with?

We have a lot to celebrate. Let's get busy!
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #424 on: August 02, 2006, 02:13:12 am »

Now, that's excellent news to wake up to!!
  :D

Thanks Shea for lighting up the dull day that I finally have to force myself to put together my 2005 tax declaration...  ::)

Keep getting better Chris! We miss ya!
  :-*

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #425 on: August 02, 2006, 10:21:13 am »
Good Morning Chris!!  Even though you might not be feeling this good, it's a better day because you are here.

Still sending you lots of positive energy to help you as you get ready to move tomorrow to Salt Lake.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #426 on: August 02, 2006, 10:45:40 am »
Jenny that post was so inspiring it brought tears to my eyes! And then the other one made me laugh! Great messages, Anke and "Snuffles!" Keep up the good fight, my friend Chris, and thanks very much to Shea for the update. I wonder whether Chris's family will be staying in Salt Lake City during his recuperation, that might make for a hardship. Is there any way we can help??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #427 on: August 02, 2006, 10:52:56 am »
Thanks Lee! Glad my posts had their intended effect.

I'd be more than willing to help out too. Thanks for the idea.

Chris, can't wait to hear from ya, bud. Hope you feel all the love that's greeting you today.

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #428 on: August 02, 2006, 10:56:05 am »

Have a good day Chris!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:13:37 am by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #429 on: August 02, 2006, 11:28:52 am »
Welcomed news! Glad to hear he is our of intensive care. I hope it will not be long before he finds all the shirts we have been hanging in the closet for him.
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."