Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 137985 times)

vkm91941

Regulars here know that I am an LVN by profession, a  person of faith and a very close friend to our Chris.  He and I have been chatting about Brokeback Mountain and the daily minutia of our lives everyday for almost a year now.  I am hopeful and confident of his recovery but I admit that I am worried for my friend.

For centuries, people of faith have offered prayers for the sick, often with dramatic results. More recently, medical research has shown consistent proof that healing prayers definitely have positive results for the sick.  With that in mind and not intending to offend anyone I offer the following prayer  for the recovery of my friend:

O Father of mercies and God of all comfort, my help in times of need :  I humbly beseech you to see, visit and relieve my friend Christopher in his illness .  Look upon him with the eyes of mercy; comfort him;  preserve him; and give him patience as he recovers from this affliction; give your power of healing to those who minister to his needs. Grant him the help of your grace, that his sickness may be turned into health, and our sorrow into joy and enable him to lead the residue of his life enjoying the gifts you have given him, most especially his son Charles Jacob.  For this blessing and all the others in my life I thank good Lord.  Amen.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 02:59:05 am by vkm91941 »

Offline Impish

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
I've been through similar surgery...  and there's a good chance that Chris will get substantial pain relief from it.  I sincerely hope so.

To Chris: the first 24 hours are worst, and it's amazing how quickly things get better after that.  So hang in there and before you know it, you'll be back "home" among your Bettermost family!   :)

If you won't pray in my school, I won't think in your church.

vkm91941

Chris e-mail is a matter of record on his profile for anyone who would like to send him e-cards and the like but the system makes a hot link out of it, underlining it, so you miss a critical element.... I'll break it down for you for anyone interested.

slayers_
creek_
oth@
yahoo.com

lol...and of course ya'all can keep posting here, you know Chris if he has strength to type the password he'll check in here from time to time and read this.  So come on everyone lets keep his spirits up shall we

« Last Edit: July 22, 2006, 05:08:57 pm by vkm91941 »

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Chris -

I'm sending my healing thoughts your way for a quick and complete recovery.

Pete
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

vkm91941

Chris the nurses have called and told me you are giving problems..... ;).......but you should probablly check that e-mail when you're up too it   :-*

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Ok, now enough is enough.  Chris you are so missed in that chat.  No one asks about the weather.  No one knows the weight of a human head, and no one gives a fark about your neighbors 13 pound rabbit.

Only me!

So buddy, get well very soon.. The silence in that room is deafening.    :-*

Luv Ya!
Dee
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 03:19:41 pm by DeeDee »
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
My best wishes for a fast recovery as well.  Having dealt with enough hospitals, and spent a week in one myself a few years ago, I know we all need to stay out of them.  :)
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."

There you'll be next year in Alberta!

Take care.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

vkm91941

Re: Get Well Messages for Chris***Updated News 7/22
« Reply #58 on: July 23, 2006, 12:43:29 am »
The latest from Shea.... :'( ..... Pray please in whatever way or manner that means to you.  Our friend needs our strength even though he would never ask for it.

Chris had a bad day. They sedated him because he wouldnt hold still. the infection is getting better though.
I'm not sure if chris has told you anything about what exactly is going on. He has degenerative disc disease and it causes him a lots of problems. They did a spinal fusion which is where they take bone from his hip and graft it to his back and they hope they dont have to go back in. Hes had problems with it for years.  Hes been sleeping all day which is good and they will likely release him on Monday. pray!

Please give his friends the update.

Sincerely,
Shea F. Alyn
« Last Edit: July 23, 2006, 12:46:47 am by vkm91941 »

vkm91941

Re: Get Well Messages for Chris***Updated News 7/22
« Reply #59 on: July 23, 2006, 12:56:14 am »
So Chris when you get a chance to read this thread....

Hope you’re back in the saddle soon Sweetie!