Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 138097 times)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Read this Damnit!!!
« Reply #600 on: August 18, 2006, 08:00:30 pm »
 :'(
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

Offline Andrew

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #601 on: August 18, 2006, 08:13:08 pm »
Chris, you don't know me either (like Wayne - wdj) and I don't know you the way other people on the site do, from the other board and as you were happening month to month.   I only know you a little after the fact, though I am privileged to have the same posts everybody else does so over time I can catch up a little bit  But as I was getting deeper and deeper into the thread about the enormous danger you were in - and I was doing that as it was happening - and read and felt how all your friends were swimming around like dolphins supporting your head - my own heart almost seemed to stop and all I could do was ardently, intently wish for your rescue from that awful sudden dark force from nowhere.

And when I heard that things were turning, I had to celebrate in my own overserious private way, which was to listen to the third movement of Beethoven's Fifteenth Quartet which he wrote out of his own experience, 'Song of thanksgiving by a person recovering from a dangerous illness, to the Divinity'.

I'm so glad you're back.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #602 on: August 18, 2006, 08:32:56 pm »
Wonderful to see you back online!  I truly hope you're feeling better!
Best wishes!

Plus... the cowgirls back at Anything Goes have been missing you.
 ;) ::)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #603 on: August 18, 2006, 09:01:24 pm »
Sonofabitch, CHRIS! 

There was a time we almost despaired of seeing a message from you again, but the Lord smiled, and here you are! 

Today is a good day indeed.   Keep smilin'! 8)

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #604 on: August 18, 2006, 10:00:28 pm »
 Before I head over to Jake thread ( :P), I needed to stop by here and tell you that you are indeed a pretty special dude Chris! 
We all love ya, and are thrilled beyond words that you are back here with us, posting 1-letter posts at the 1000-Post-Club Thread to get your post numbers up ..  :P.

Seriously, never ever doubt that there are many people out there, people you have never met and don't even know, who care for you so much and continue to be with ya in spirit! 

One day at a time friend, one day at a time! 

:-* :-* :-* :-*     MWA!!    :-* :-* :-*  :-*

Offline kudzudaddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #605 on: August 18, 2006, 10:42:46 pm »
What a wonderful surprise.

Welcome back, buddy.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #606 on: August 18, 2006, 11:33:47 pm »
Yay for Chris!!
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #607 on: August 19, 2006, 12:02:11 am »
Hi Chris......yes I am another new friend of yours too.

I guess I got to know you more, not from the things YOU have posted on here, but from all the posts YOUR FRIENDS have posted on here.

You have been thru one hell of an ordeal, and I am so relieved and happy that you are making a recovery.

Most of us ask the same question, about why WE got obsessed by this movie, why US?..and not some others.....I believe we are chosen for a reason.....and if one of those reasons, was to help you find the strength to recover, then it is all very much another wonderful outcome, of the friendships made thru this fabulous movie.

Take care my friend and I hope to read more from you here in the future.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline fernly

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #608 on: August 19, 2006, 12:59:08 am »
Dearest Chris,

It's so wonderful to see you back here!  :D :-* :D :-* :D :-* :D :-*

Fern

on the mountain flying in the euphoric, bitter air

vkm91941

« Reply #609 on: August 19, 2006, 02:38:09 am »
Awhhhh Chris, You like us!  You really like us!  

Seriously my friend, You talk a good talk but I know deep down in there you care.  And I know how hard it is to say.  Thanks for making the effort.  You are one of the good guys, don't ever forget that even if I'm not always here to remind you.  Never forget there is one middle aged woman in California who thinks you are one terrific guy and thanks God everyday for sending you back to Charlie J, Shea, Kayla and your Mom.
<a href="http://plugin.smileycentral.com/http%253A%252F%252Fwww.smileycentral.com%252F%253Fpartner%253DZSzeb008%255FZNxdm824JGUS%2526i%253D36%252F36%255F3%255F16%2526feat%253Dprof/page.html" target="_blank">SmileyCentral.com" border="0  [/url].