Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 138113 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: Read this Damnit!!!
« Reply #610 on: August 19, 2006, 07:04:20 am »
Our Jake loving? JAKE LOVING? C'mon Chris, you know some of us are hard core Heathens...

Good to have ya back, buddy, sentimentality and all.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #611 on: August 19, 2006, 09:04:41 am »
Hey Chris,

It's really nice to have you back, and to know that you are seriously on the recovery road. See ya at the chat!  ;D
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #612 on: August 19, 2006, 09:39:18 am »
You and I know that U really came back because you saw me surpass U in postings!  ;) And yr about to knock me off my shaky pedestal, and I couldn't be happier about it!!  :) Hail to the champion, bud! You've summited that Rocky Mountain, and I salute U!! U are an inspiration to all of us, glad to have the champion chatter back. Especially so U won't be saying someday, What the hell happened to August??
"chewing gum and duct tape"

vkm91941

« Reply #613 on: August 19, 2006, 01:27:19 pm »
Good things are going to come your way Chris.  I feel it and you've certainly earned it my friend.

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #614 on: August 19, 2006, 01:52:53 pm »
Yay great to see you back Chris! And on your road to recovery! Now get back to that chat stat! ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #615 on: August 19, 2006, 03:52:07 pm »
Hey Chris! It's great to see you back. I'm happy that you're better now and wish you the best for your further recovery. Take good care of yourself.
See ya  :)

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #616 on: August 19, 2006, 05:14:53 pm »
Woo-Hoo!!! I am doing my happy dance!!!!
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #617 on: August 19, 2006, 05:25:59 pm »

Some more happy dance here! Welcome back, Chris!! :D

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #618 on: August 20, 2006, 08:24:28 am »
I can't tell you how lovely it is to see you posting again, Chris.  It just makes me feel warm all over - kinda like...  Oh, never mind.  The point is you're back here with us and everything is as it should be again.  Love you, honey.

:-*
No more beans!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #619 on: August 20, 2006, 01:12:08 pm »
Chris, dear Chris,

I'm arriving late to this thread, so forgive me for not being here to see it earlier. I don't know you as well as some here, but well enough to know that writing this wasn't easy for you to do. Which makes me all the more thankful that you did.

I'm so so glad to hear that Shea read you our get well thread, and hopefully our candle messages, every day. When you said in the chat last week that you'd seen the thread but not read it, I wasn't sure you were getting it in real time. But now I know you got something every day from us, you felt the connection we had with you. I'm so grateful to Shea for giving you that link to us.

You talked about how God brought you here because He knew you'd need friends this year... I've also thought recently that maybe one of the reasons I am at CT is to be here for this time in your life, to set in motion some things that helped you in some small or great way. I believe Brokeback Mountain brought most of us together because we connected deeply with the message that life and love are precious, not to be taken for granted. Ennis learned it too late to make a "sweet life" with Jack, but he learned it, and watching his mistakes gave many of us the wake-up call to not take life and love for granted. Maybe somehow, we are all here to affirm that same preciousness of life and love for each other, in any way we can, and not let it slip away like Ennis did.

Your illness was a chance for me and for many others to do that for you. I don't know why it happened, and I sure as hell wouldn't wish it on anyone. But it happened, and suddenly there was this urgent opening to love and to care and to act, to say, "To hell with cynicism, this boy needs our help and our love!" And we took that chance without a second thought. Life is full of mystery beyond our understanding, but sometimes there are miracles....as there was with you.

Chris, all I can say is jumping for this chance to help you in your time of need has given me more than I ever thought it would. From setting up Wendy's work with you, to lighting candles, to posting on the get well thread, and sending you love and healing light...it's all an incredible gift. I feel like a switch got turned on inside....it gave me permission to love more and to use whatever gifts I have for healing that I was too scared or shy to give before, or didn't really believe in until I saw what a community of love can do. I'm gonna try to keep that alive in me and do more with it. But I have you to thank for it, so thank you, Chris, for the chance to care.

I don't want to get any more mushy on you, so I'll stop there.

Welcome back big time, Chris. See you in chat!

Love,

Jenny
:-* :)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2006, 02:56:47 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."