Author Topic: Chris Threads Archive  (Read 138079 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Words of Encouragement for Chris (formerly Get Well Messages for Chris)
« Reply #650 on: August 27, 2006, 01:52:34 am »
Hope all is well, friend! can't wait to talk to you again (soon I hope!)

;D ;D ;D ;D
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #651 on: August 27, 2006, 01:22:08 pm »
I could use a little Chris fix...

O0

Heathen

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #652 on: August 27, 2006, 11:25:54 pm »
Hey Chris,

How are ya holding up these days?  Do drop a line to say how yer doing!
Sending a hug and a   :-*

M

vkm91941

Re: Read this Damnit!!!
« Reply #653 on: August 28, 2006, 03:13:19 am »
Are you too embarassed to talk to us now after posting this thread?  Is that it?  We can forget you every said any of it honest. Promise  None of us will ever tell a soul that you made nice and got all mushy with us promise ;) anyone asks we'll tell em what a crumudgeon you really are..OK

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #654 on: August 28, 2006, 07:48:51 am »
Hello Chris,

I lit a candle for you too, in case you missed it.

I often think of us back in the day upon that mountain.  I get misty-eyed whenever I see the random wash pan.  Why just the other day at the taxidermist's office I just about lost it when I came face to face with a mounted elk. You know friend, sometimes I think that our whole time together was just a distant memory from some obscure alternate universe.

Oh wait...slip, fall, eject DVD.
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #655 on: August 28, 2006, 09:08:11 am »
Chris,

I haven't been sayin' much, but you and your family stay in my thoughts and in my prayers every morning.

Thinking of you, Cowboy. ...

Jeff
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #656 on: August 28, 2006, 10:46:57 am »
Hi Chris......yes I am another new friend of yours too.

I guess I got to know you more, not from the things YOU have posted on here, but from all the posts YOUR FRIENDS have posted on here.

that's me too.
chris, it's so nice to hear you're doing better. i wish you all the best.
and for some more sentimentality: i lit a 'real' candle for you in the basilica of Citta di Castello in italy while on holiday  ;D
see? it helped

F
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #657 on: August 28, 2006, 03:21:05 pm »
Alright...those who know me know that i am not at all good with sentimentality.  I cringe at the thought of talkin about love and can't express my feeling worth a damn (except anger...I'm a pro at that >:().  I don't cry at movies, don't cry at sad stories, and don't cry because I miss someone....in fact I have only cried twice in ten years in that was when my brother was undergoing dental surgery and when my baby CJ was born.  I hold my sentiments in and they beat me down. 

I've had some interesting times in my life. Mom was married 4 times, smoked and drank 15, got married young, got divorced young, etc...

The list goes on and on...I live by the old "God please show me the way or forgive me for being lost" saying.  I believe I am God's test dummy...you know...the kind they use to test the cars...he puts me through all these tests to see how much a human being can take...sort of 'crash-tests'...

I met most of you last October on the BBM board on IMDB.  We all came together sharing a common interest...Brokeback Mountain.  Many people have often asked me why I connected with Brokeback...me being straight, married and as young as I am.  I try endlessly to answer them the best I can, but the truth is my friends...I don't know!  Many of you have come up with theories...some good some...not so good. But here's what I think...

I believe that God brought me here!  I believe that he knew I would need friends over the next year...and boy did he do one right.  I believe you are all heaven-sent my friends.  Reading your messages (well Shea reading your messages to me) is the only thing that got me through this crash test in my life.  Everyday I would ask..."Anymore messages" or "Anything else?"...he would read them to me over and over again.  Made me feel good...I knew there were people out there pulling for me!  The candles, PMs and message thread are all very special to me...I felt your love...your compassion...and your strength!  And for that I am forever grateful...

Aristotle once said...."A friend is a single soul dwelling in two bodies."...I think he got it right!  That is how I feel...I hope you all feel that same feeling someday...

You're all angels...and whatever may happen in the coming days...whether we stay together or drift apart...and whether we get along or not...I thank you all...and will always hold you dear to my heart!!!

And a very special thanks to Jenny (newyearsday) for her work with the healer...and to Victoria...whom kept you all updated...and stood with me come hell or high water!

I love you all!

Ok now go back to your Jake loving, your way over-analyzed discussions, your imaginary stories or whatever the hell it is you do!!!   ;D
       hey another strange lurker;   ive not been here long only a month.  but all your friends being so sweet and sending you kind thoughts and prayers was very lovely to read.  they all had such glowing ways of speaking of you, i felt i knew you and what a great and intelligent guy you were.  i dont care what anyone thinks or says i believe good vibes do travel and reach the destination they are intended for.  thank god you got some of them and will im sure continue to do so.  get well soon and continue on your road to recovery and health.  janice

Beautiful mind

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #658 on: August 30, 2006, 05:50:58 pm »
Hi Chris,

Just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you often!  Hope you're doing better and better and look forward to seeing you online again soon!  :-*

Meryl
Ich bin ein Brokie...

vkm91941

« Reply #659 on: August 30, 2006, 08:36:47 pm »
Hey friends...

I miss Chris too,very much,  but I'm not going to post or PM him anymore.  IF he's well enough to log in for a few minutes he's should be able to say I'm OK to his friends and well wishers the fact that he choses not to tells me he wants and needs his space right now so I'm going to back off.  I still wish him all the best in his recovery, still care for him deeply as my friend, and my children and I will continue to offer prayer for him daily as well as light candles for him and his family as they walk through these difficult times.

If he wants to renew our aquaintence, when he's ready he knows how to contact me personally, he knows where we, his cyber friends, all are and that we care about him VERY VERY much.