Author Topic: Jack F*uckin' Twist appreciation thread...  (Read 5397 times)

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Jack F*uckin' Twist appreciation thread...
« on: April 01, 2006, 12:50:34 pm »
I know this goes way way back, but I was just wondering if anyone saved this from TOB or if it's still there and you have a link... it was one of my favorites...  :-\
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline littleguitar

Re: Jack F*uckin' Twist appreciation thread...
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2006, 04:50:03 pm »
just wanted to give it a BUMP!  :D

anyone?
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2006, 06:06:53 pm »
was this the video where Jack is constantly bitching?  I have that saved and can send it if you want..........
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2006, 06:22:32 pm »
I want it! :D

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2006, 06:34:04 pm »
LOL! no it wasn't that video though that was really funny! this was a thread from way way back pretty much just listing all the things everyone loves about Jack.  But a lot of it was about his bitching... it was hillarious and I always loved it!

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2006, 08:05:22 pm »

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2006, 08:31:12 pm »
Ennis del Mar - I sent you a pm -  hope the link works for you....................
« Last Edit: April 01, 2006, 08:43:48 pm by chefjudy »
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2006, 10:31:29 pm »
Thank you Courtney!!  You are my new hero!!!  ;D

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2006, 10:38:49 pm »
It has pretty much been determined by expert researchers, such as are left on CT, that Jack is right-handed: he shoots right handed, he shaves right handed, he carves a turkey right handed, and he opens a can with the turnwer in his right hand. End of report.

Ennis--I've tried to see how he shoots, but can't make it out. Thiunk he's right-handed, but less sure.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2006, 11:17:43 pm »
No problem Mandy, found it in my profile.  :angel:

I saw The Good Girl last night, and Jake was writing with his left hand....

vkm91941

« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 11:54:33 pm »
 I loved  it when Ennis says, "I thought you said that mare couldn't throw you" ;) and Jack says, "She got lucky" :-\

All of Jack's b*tching, and there's a lot of it, is pretty funny. He's got crabby genes, all he does is B*tch and moan. I think it makes him a loveable pain in the @ss. Ennis sure seems amused by it! ;D

Offline littleguitar

« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 12:14:26 am »
courtney I'm glad you brought that up because it's something I've been wondering about... I also just watched the good girl and when I saw that part I actually yelled out "Jake is a lefty!" LOL for some reason I found that strangely endearing... then I was watching Donnie Darko and when he writes "they made me do it" on the board, he is writing with his right hand.... does anyone know if Jake in real life is left or right handed? is he ambydextris (sp?).  I wonder if he just made a character choice with Holden to make him a lefty... hmmmm....

I agree vic, I love his b*itching, I think it makes him so funny... I love his "you know I'm commutin' four hours a day..." speech, cracks me up every time!

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 12:16:20 am »
Thanks Judy, that was pretty hilarious