Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 88691 times)

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #120 on: April 20, 2006, 07:18:54 pm »
Anke, 

The Empire State Building is within walking distance of the Train station.     It is the Tallest building in the City (again).    It is also within walking distance of Times Square. 
Two must-see things in New York City.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #121 on: April 20, 2006, 07:29:59 pm »
Whoowee!!! Some life got into this thread while I was steaming at work today about having to do anything but brokie stuff!

So, I like both T-shirt Ideas. I will post them both tonight if I can on the site, and you guys can tell me what size to order for you (and any modifications to make that you see fit--color wise. I will just let my imagination go wild for this one unless I get more direction from y'all!)

Then, I will take orders via PM (latest order taken this Saturday so that it can go out by Monday and get to me by Friday latest, to deliver to you all here in the city.) This way I am only paying a one time shipping charge and saving each person who orders on the cost of shipping. I hope to get a few orders--if I get more than one, it'll be worth the savings on shipping. I will have to get checks or cash from each person on Saturday though.

And, for this one time thing I won't be making donations to the MSF unless you want to do that, and you can add it in with your payment, which I will donate to them. Otherwise, it'll just be cost. around $14 to $16 I think.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #122 on: April 21, 2006, 02:10:18 am »
Brokie Brunch T-shirts are in the shop! I made five versions--one version of each quote for the women (that's two total), and two versions of the "we didn't come here to fish" for the men, plus one version for the men of the "redlined" quote (that's three more).

SO if you like them, and want one, and want to save on shipping costs (guessing $3 to $4 per order?) then just PM me with the size and kind you want--be specific! Look at the size chart if you have any doubts--it's in each shirt's square.

I will be able to make one order for all who want them and who want to save shipping costs by doing one bulk order to me here in NYC and then I'll distribute them when we are together! I'll pay for them and you will pay me back when we see each other.

So, go to the link at the bottom of my post if you are interested, the brunch shirts are at the very bottom of the page. Again, these are made for cost only, you can put more on top of that if you want, when you pay me back, and I will donate the extra to the Matthew Shepard Foundation.

P.S. I won't be online again till tomorrow morning for a brief hour or so, then not again till Saturday morning. I'm off to DC for a friend's dance performance! But whoever PMs me here by Saturday around 10 am EDT, I can order you a shirt if you are specific about the one you want and the size you want. (be sure to specify the quote it has on it for easy identification, and the color for the men, since there are multiple options.)

Ciao,

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline David

« Reply #123 on: April 21, 2006, 07:36:11 am »
Hi Jenny!

They look great!    I see the one I want.    I'll PM you the number.  Thanks again!

David     :-*

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #124 on: April 21, 2006, 10:04:39 am »
They are great! Thanks Jenny. Tell ya what? I want both versions!

:P

Offline David

« Reply #125 on: April 22, 2006, 01:59:37 pm »
Bump!
BBM Brunch is getting closer!    Saurday the 29th!!!   Noon at the Cowgirl restaurant,  519 Hudson Street in the West Village,  New York City!

Yee Haa!  :laugh:

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #126 on: April 23, 2006, 11:31:07 am »
Howdy, Bronchers!   :D

I'm just checking in before I leave town for a few days--will be flying early Monday to Toronto and returning late Thursday.

Alas, our beloved John Gallagher has actually been ambushed by the Infernal Revenoo  :'( :'( :'(, so we will have to plan another Broncho for later so we can welcome him back, after he's been bailed out.   John, we'll be thinking of you and sending lots and lots of virtual hugs your way!  :-*  :-*  :-*

At least we have some good news to help cheer us up for missing John.  HobokenJeff is coming!  Thanks to JeffWrangler for sending him the virtual postcard that brought him back to the fold.  ;D

Here is my latest count of attendees:

amy7769
DavidinHartford
DeeDee
HobokenJeff
JCinNYC2006
JeffWrangler
meryl
montferrat
pipedream
Newyearsday
Sarah (meryl's friend)

Amy, would you mind calling the Cowgirl this week and re-confirming our reservation?  Let's leave it at 12.  You never know what the gods might provide.... ;)

We have good omens for our Broncho, Friends.  Jake, Heath and Michelle were all sighted on Hudson Street at different times this week, so their auras will be lingering over us.   Yeehaw!  8)

Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #127 on: April 23, 2006, 12:10:41 pm »
I'm getting my train tickets tomorrow! Yeehaw!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

« Reply #128 on: April 23, 2006, 12:13:51 pm »

Me too!   I'm going to drive over to my local station and buy my tickets for Saturday.

Jeff,  I'll be arriving at Penn station at 10:50 AM on the #195 train.   You are coming in around the same time right?    Want me to wait for you?

David

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #129 on: April 23, 2006, 12:35:38 pm »

Me too!   I'm going to drive over to my local station and buy my tickets for Saturday.

Jeff,  I'll be arriving at Penn station at 10:50 AM on the #195 train.   You are coming in around the same time right?    Want me to wait for you?

David

David, that would be nice! Thanks! (Especially if you know Manhattan better than me. ...  ;) )

I'm hoping to arrive about that time. I'll confirm after I get the tickets.

I'll be the one in the black cowboy hat.  :)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.