Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 88708 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #190 on: May 01, 2006, 12:32:40 pm »
Sounds like you guys had a blast at the Brunch!!  Cheers for sharing your stories...
Would love to see some pics ..Anke - I can't fix it, so I'll stand it - I'll wait.. ::)  ;D
Ummm... if you all are going to organize the next Brunch in Alberta, Canada .. please, lemme be the first to know  ;D

Offline David

« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2006, 05:01:56 pm »
I just had to try on my new Black hat and Tie I bought in New York after our Brunch.

Randall stop staring!

« Last Edit: May 02, 2006, 08:37:28 am by DavidinHartford »

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #192 on: May 01, 2006, 05:06:22 pm »
David-a-la-Jack-Twist! Cool!!  ;D
Love the hat!!

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #193 on: May 01, 2006, 05:10:23 pm »
Oh David! If I was Randal I would jump on you right then and there! Fuck Lashawn and Lureen! ;)

I have some serious Alberta news for you guys! Today after shopping me and my mum we were sat on a bench in my local park eating chocolate and laughing at the runners(never mind!). And she looked at me and said, "You really want to go to Alberta and see your net friends, dont you?" You notice she calls you guys net friends which is her little way of making you sound like you are about 5 and we are talking about the Teletubies or something when she doesn't realise that most of you are just younger or about the same age as her.  ::) Of course I answered enthusiastically and was like, "You know I would love to, but I know you and dad want to go to Washington that year and we can't have two US holidays in one year" And to cut a long story short; she basically said screw Washington and we can go to Alberta instead. So I am really happy now, I just hope it will happen now cause otherwise I am screwed. So who else would be interested in meeting up in Alberta in Aug 2007? Or am I just on my own?
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #194 on: May 01, 2006, 08:10:41 pm »
WOW, David!  You are one fine lookin' cowboy!  8) 8) 8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline David

« Reply #195 on: May 01, 2006, 08:18:41 pm »
<blush>  Aww shucks!    Thanks Meryl!   

Soooo?   how did y'all make out in Brooklyn Heath watching???   

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #196 on: May 01, 2006, 10:19:31 pm »
I just had to try on my new Black hat and Tie I bought in New York after our Brunch.

Randall stop staring!

Wonderful, David! Yeehaw!

(OK, I'm jealous. I want a jacket like that one you're wearing.)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

« Reply #197 on: May 01, 2006, 10:35:35 pm »

(OK, I'm jealous. I want a jacket like that one you're wearing.)

LOL!  Thanks Jeff!     I bought that black leather jacket in San Fransisco at a shop near Fishermans Wharf. 

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #198 on: May 01, 2006, 10:39:18 pm »
Oh David! If I was Randal I would jump on you right then and there! Fuck Lashawn and Lureen! ;)

I have some serious Alberta news for you guys! Today after shopping me and my mum we were sat on a bench in my local park eating chocolate and laughing at the runners(never mind!). And she looked at me and said, "You really want to go to Alberta and see your net friends, dont you?" You notice she calls you guys net friends which is her little way of making you sound like you are about 5 and we are talking about the Teletubies or something when she doesn't realise that most of you are just younger or about the same age as her.  ::) Of course I answered enthusiastically and was like, "You know I would love to, but I know you and dad want to go to Washington that year and we can't have two US holidays in one year" And to cut a long story short; she basically said screw Washington and we can go to Alberta instead. So I am really happy now, I just hope it will happen now cause otherwise I am screwed. So who else would be interested in meeting up in Alberta in Aug 2007? Or am I just on my own?

OMG!!! Wow! Okay, I think we are officially needing to open the discussion and planning/dreaming stage of Alberta 2007! Yippeee! I think that will be a great time, tho a sad month in our Cult Calendar, since Jack and Ennis were denied not one, but two Augusts together, but maybe we can do some rituals up there on the mountain for them, to try and make things right somehow. I am just ecstatic that your mom gets it how much you are part of this community and how effing serious we are about doing this Alberta thing. I have been thinking that even though I want to do it this summer, logistically it's too soon for people. So, let's get some other voices back around this particular issue and start a new thread soon.

Mean time, here's a pic of my new rodeo belt buckle which I love!!!!

I hope this works...if it doesn't please remind me how to do the attachments thing. I'm trying to attach the pic from my hard drive. Nice pics by the way, David!

And, for the record, we should mention that while standing on the street near where Heath and Michelle are rumored to live, at Meryl's suggestion we all tucked our shirts in, to mark the occasion with proper respect. It was a fun outing to my old neighborhood!

« Last Edit: May 01, 2006, 10:42:35 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #199 on: May 02, 2006, 08:47:11 am »
You bet!  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.