Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 89749 times)

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #240 on: May 04, 2006, 09:16:23 pm »
Anke! Thanks for doing that! I loved your editing with movie clips, and your commentary (love the accent!). It was nice to hear everyone's lovely voices. They were all pretty much how I would have imagined. Jenny made me laugh with the harmonica. I got a little teary when you guys were talking about John, but he's back with us now!

And Anke, your daughter is adorable!

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #241 on: May 04, 2006, 10:52:27 pm »
ANKE!!!!!!

There are no words for how wonderful that audio interview is!!  I'm sitting here wiping tears from my eyes, it was that great!  All the little sound clips and quotes you interspersed with each of us talking, and the way you edited it so that each subject was covered---just WOW!!  Thank you so much!!  :-*  :-*  :-* 

To everyone who may not know, Anke is a radio professional in Germany, and it certainly shows.  I'm sendin' up a prayer of thanks that she made it to the Broncho and produced this amazing and touching record of our day.   Run, everybody, and listen to it pronto!  Yeeehaaawww!!!  ;D  ;D  ;D

Anke -  I can only second everything Meryl has said.  I love NPR/APR/BBC, etc., and this is just excellent work.  I felt like I was listening to an episode of This American Life, but with people I know and have come to love.  Does anyone know if John Gallagher has had a chance to hear it...it will absolutely melt his heart!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #242 on: May 04, 2006, 11:27:01 pm »
Oh-Oh-Oh-MY-GOD!!! Anke, your're a genius! A saint! A magician! This is WAAAAAAAAAAYYYYY beyond any of my wildest dreams. Thank you! Thank you for the seemless editing, the clips from the movie (ba-rill-iant!) the touching thoughts about John so eloquently spoken, and for the amazingly well-rounded discussion of the movie, its impact, and our community.

Thank you for giving me something I can show off to all the people in my life about how cool all my brokie friends are, and most of all thank you for making me seem like a normal person instead of the bumbling idiot I felt like during our interview! Yeehaaw! I am going to bed tonight with a huge smile plastered all over my face. I love us!

:D :D ;D ;D ;) ;) :)

p.s. Your daughter is so beautiful!
« Last Edit: May 04, 2006, 11:55:34 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #243 on: May 04, 2006, 11:35:53 pm »
Ditto to what everyone has said....Anke you're amazing and that clip is fantastic!  Even having been there, it captured it in such a sweet, imaginative way.  I'm so glad you made it over.  I'm not even gonna complain that my voice sounds soooo gay, even though it does  ::)

Great job, thanks Anke, and again to everyone else who made it!

mad love,
Juan
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #244 on: May 05, 2006, 12:00:16 am »
I'm not even gonna complain that my voice sounds soooo gay, even though it does  ::)

Juan Juan Juan....come on, we've discussed this.... ;)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #245 on: May 05, 2006, 12:02:13 am »
Sitting here with quiet tears rolling down my cheeks.  What a beautiful legacy Brokeback Mountain has left us.

What a wonderful audio project.  Anke, you truly are a gem.  
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #246 on: May 05, 2006, 03:35:42 am »
g'ah! Can't access at work..roll on tonight when i can listen at home!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #247 on: May 05, 2006, 04:05:32 am »
Anke, wow I am blown away by the audio report and quite speechless!  A big job well done!  If you tell me you do this for a living, I will believe you.

I can figure out meryl’s voice, the guys, I couldn’t quite tell who is who.  Thanks for sharing this with us.  I asked my husband to listen to the audio report.  He said “Looks like you are not the craziest one out there.”  ;D

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #248 on: May 05, 2006, 05:10:34 am »
I want to say thanks to everyone who contributed making this brunch an event not only for those who attended it, but also for us other people.
Anke, the audio file is pretty cool. Even my dog liked it  :) He was at my feet while I listened to the audio file and when Jenny played the harmonica, he got up really eycited, fidgeting around, looking for the source of that tones and finally ended up staring at the loudspeaker oafishly  ;D

Ennis was right: Jack risked the sheep running off again because of the harmonica sounds. Animals are very sensitive to harmonicas  :laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

« Last Edit: May 05, 2006, 05:33:21 am by Penthesilea »

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #249 on: May 05, 2006, 05:50:38 am »
g'ah! Can't access at work..roll on tonight when i can listen at home!

Me too! I can't wait until I get home and can listen to this. I am just sat here in my classroom cursing overly loundly cause these stupid computers firstly wont let me download it and secondly the speakers don't work. For the second time in two days: Damn my school! >:(

Can't wait to hear you all speak, especially Juan's apparent soooo gay voice! ;D
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.