Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 89741 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #270 on: May 08, 2006, 06:38:20 pm »
(Ahem) Class is now in session. . . .

You in the back, quiet down before you run them sheep off again. ...

Jenny, are you listening?

Today's topic, class, is "The Hankie Code."

Yes, indeed, all those different colored bandannas for sale at the Leatherman are known in certain gay circles as "hankies." They are used to indicate interest in various forms of sexual activity, and the role one is interested in playing in that activity. The various colors indicate the activity. One's preferred role is indicated by which back pocket of one's trousers one uses to display the hankie. Left indicates active role, or "top," and right indicates passive role, or "bottom." Collectively, this is known as "the Hankie Code."

Some of the more common colors and what they indicate are as follows:

Navy/dark blue: fucking
Light blue: oral sex
Gray: B&D (bondage and discipline; also commonly bondage without discipline)
Black: Heavy S&M
Yellow: "water sports" or "golden showers" (NB: frequently involves imbibing large quantities of beer beforehand; does not involve bathtubs, swimming pools, etc.)
White: masturbation (not common)
Kelly green: hustler (left), john (right)
Hunter green: "daddy" (left), "boy" (right)
Red: doesn't involve blood, but you don't want to go there
Orange: anything, anytime (left), nothing right now (right)

This concludes today's lesson, class. There will be a quiz tomorrow.

;D
« Last Edit: May 08, 2006, 09:12:51 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #271 on: May 08, 2006, 07:30:10 pm »
Way too complicated of a system!   LOL.     

I mean, I never see those hankies in use.   Did guys carry charts to make sure they didn't misinterpet a color code?   

And god forbid if you were colour blind!   LOL   

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #272 on: May 08, 2006, 08:42:18 pm »
 :o   :o   :o

Well, I guess the navy and green bandannas I gave out at the brunch were relatively respectable.  So glad I didn't bring red and black!  :laugh:
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #273 on: May 08, 2006, 09:17:08 pm »
Way too complicated of a system!   LOL.     

I mean, I never see those hankies in use.   Did guys carry charts to make sure they didn't misinterpet a color code?   

And god forbid if you were colour blind!   LOL 

It's not too difficult to memorize the basics. You're just not hanging out in the right watering holes, David! Try leather bars. That's why they were selling them in the Leatherman.  ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #274 on: May 08, 2006, 09:19:13 pm »
:o   :o   :o

Well, I guess the navy and green bandannas I gave out at the brunch were relatively respectable.  So glad I didn't bring red and black!  :laugh:

Got that right, Meryl!  ;D

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #275 on: May 08, 2006, 10:44:26 pm »
It's not too difficult to memorize the basics. You're just not hanging out in the right watering holes, David! Try leather bars.

LOL  indeed!      I have trouble recognising my car when leaving a bar let alone the colour of a guys hankie when he is buying me a drink.   LOL.    Besides, it is dark in those places!    I may not know all my colour codes but I know to run fast and far when I see a guy with a brown one!    :laugh:

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #276 on: May 08, 2006, 10:50:58 pm »
Thanks for the enlightenment Jeff! Very interesting. I was getting ready for something to do with tying up or making some kind of primitive loincloth with them! What if it's a rainbow one? I thought I saw that there.

And, biggest question of the night, what does it mean if you put your leather gloves in your back left pocket all the time like Ennis did???? Except that one time they were in the right pocket, as I recall from a certain quiz question on the BBM quiz game at old PT.

Any chance that left pocket might have been an accurately chosen side for Ennis being the active role? Or is that too much of an assumption (especially since that code was probably not in use in Wyoming back then!)

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #277 on: May 09, 2006, 12:20:15 am »
Good connection Jenny, but I thought the gloves were usually in his right  back pocket. Sorry if I'm wrong, I haven't seen it since March (GASP! Has it been that long?!). However, I do know that the exception to whichever side he usually has them on is when he comes into the house to check on the crying girls when Alma is washing clothes (I was the one that asked that question).

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #278 on: May 09, 2006, 09:37:30 am »
Well, hmmm....I am wary to bet at this point, since I lost the last bet I made. Does anyone know the answer?

Is it the right or left back pocket that Ennis' gloves are in usually?

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #279 on: May 09, 2006, 11:37:55 am »
LOL  indeed!      I have trouble recognising my car when leaving a bar let alone the colour of a guys hankie when he is buying me a drink.   LOL.    Besides, it is dark in those places!    I may not know all my colour codes but I know to run fast and far when I see a guy with a brown one!    :laugh:

You bet! Same for red!  ;D