Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 88719 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #60 on: April 06, 2006, 06:26:34 pm »
I've got the address for The Cowgirl, 519 Hudson Street, and a really handy, nifty Manhattan street map.

Can any of you New Yorkers tell me the cross streets for the block of Hudson Street where The Cowgirl is located?

(Elle, you know you want to come. ...)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline JCinNYC2006

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • What happens in Calgary....the whole world knows!
« Reply #61 on: April 06, 2006, 07:25:50 pm »
I've got the address for The Cowgirl, 519 Hudson Street, and a really handy, nifty Manhattan street map.

Can any of you New Yorkers tell me the cross streets for the block of Hudson Street where The Cowgirl is located?

(Elle, you know you want to come. ...)
It's in between West 10 and Charles Street, closer to 10th.  I'm excited!!  :P
What is essential, is invisible to the eye....

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #62 on: April 06, 2006, 09:51:31 pm »
It's in between West 10 and Charles Street, closer to 10th.  I'm excited!! 

Thanks, "JC"!

OMG, I'm getting excited, too. That is, like, one block north of Christopher Street, if I'm reading my map correctly? I used to know that part of the city in the early 1990s, the last time I was out and about in Manhattan.

I must find out if The Leatherman is still in existence on Christopher Street!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #63 on: April 06, 2006, 09:56:25 pm »
Is that the place with the spiral staircase that went downstairs to the more adult leather section?   ::)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #64 on: April 06, 2006, 10:02:32 pm »

I'm excited!!  :P

Juan - I think it's soooooo great you're going.  I love (will NOT say sp*nk here) your enthusiasm and reaching out to a bunch of Brokie's you just met.  I don't think you'll be sorry...
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #65 on: April 06, 2006, 10:09:31 pm »
Is that the place with the spiral staircase that went downstairs to the more adult leather section?   ::)

I'm not sure, David. I don't remember a spiral staircase, but it's been probably literally a dozen years or more since I've been in the place. I do remember there was a downstairs. I remember going downstairs for fitting--literally, no joke or euphemism here--when I bought my chaps there in--eeek!--1990.

And I'm so sorry to hear of your job loss! That sucks!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #66 on: April 07, 2006, 01:35:28 pm »
Forgive me--Bump!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #67 on: April 09, 2006, 11:33:04 am »
Hallelujah! Hallelujah!! The Brokie Broncho is on! Elle, please come, pleeeeeeeze?

So, 12 sounds like a good number, not too big. Can we get a head count? Here's my go at it:

Meryl
Sarah (M's friend)
Amy
Me
John
David
Paul
Juan
DeeDee
Jeff
Clarissa??
HobokenJeff?

I think I need to go cowgirl hat shoppin!

And yes, the little rotation of the tables is a must! We can't be missing the opportunity to get quality time with each other.

Happy (gorgeous) Sunday everyone! I'm counting the days...

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline ptannen

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #68 on: April 09, 2006, 12:31:07 pm »

littleguitar, not to worry, we live here, so when you ride into town, just let us know and we'll meet up.  :)

I'll also be in NYC in late May (I'm an ex-New Yawker) - the same time as Mandy (littleguitar) - I arrive May 23 in the evening.

I'm sure that the April brunch will be so successful that y'all want to do another one a month later.  It's never too early to plan!  That will also give others from out of town time to plan their trips.  NY is so beautiful in late May.

Pete
"Swear to god I didn't know we was goin a get into this again — yeah, I did"
Is there anything interesting up there in heaven?

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #69 on: April 09, 2006, 01:04:35 pm »
Hey, Pete, I'm glad to hear you'll be in town!  Let's keep in touch, and I'm sure we can arrange a little Brokie gabfest when you're here.  ;D

So Clarissa, what's the word?  You're in, ain'tcha?  Say yes!  :-*
« Last Edit: April 09, 2006, 01:07:25 pm by meryl »
Ich bin ein Brokie...