Author Topic: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC  (Read 89748 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Tell ya what...we're doing a Brokie Brunch in NYC
« Reply #80 on: April 17, 2006, 12:48:22 am »
I'm in!

Can't wait to go rodeo belt buckle shopping with y'all!

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #81 on: April 17, 2006, 02:11:55 am »
Tell ya what... I want to come, too!!!!!!

I'd have to fly from Frankfurt or Nürnberg (bucks be damned!). Always wanted to visit Ney York for a weekend. Must ask my folks what they think of it. It's probably just a pipedream...

8)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #82 on: April 17, 2006, 09:26:12 am »
I'm still in. That's why I bumped the thread Sunday evening.

I'll be waiting till next week, however, to get train tickets--and hoping that's not too late for a Saturday morning. All the Amtrak trains on the Northeast Corrider are reserved these days--no more just showing up at 30th Street Station a little before train time and buying a ticket to Manhattan.

I'm looking forward to meetin the New York Brokies, and to rodeo belt buckle shopping, too--and to hitting The Leatherman on Christopher Street.  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #83 on: April 17, 2006, 11:33:19 am »
Pipedream, are you serious?  That would be way cool if you could make the jaunt over here.  You'd make it an International Broncho.  ;D  8)

Here's what I've got for attendees:

amy7769
DavidinHartford
DeeDee
JCinNYC2006
JeffWrangler
jmmgallagher
meryl
montferrat
Newyearsday
Sarah (meryl's friend)

Maybe:  pipedream

I never heard back from HobokenJeff, so it doesn't look likely that he'll appear.  :(

So that's 10, plus one maybe.  Anyone else have a Brokie pal they wan't to bring along?

Jeff, I can't wait to  see your new Western shirt and go buckle shopping with you.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #84 on: April 17, 2006, 11:35:57 am »
It might actually come true! I could probably make it to New York that weekend!!! Told my people I was just going on one of these little fishing trips. Remind me to bring some trouts home!  ;)

No, seriously, are German brokies allowed to join in? Can I bribe you with Bretzels and Gummi-Bears to get one of those 12 chairs at the Cowgirl? You guys tell me!

:-*
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 01:28:39 pm by pipedream »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #85 on: April 17, 2006, 12:17:03 pm »
No, seriously, are German brokies allowed to join in? Can I bribe you with Bretzels and Gummi-Bears to get one of these 12 chairs at the Cowgirl? You guys tell me!

Are you kidding?  We'd be thrilled to have you!  Bretzels and Gummi-Bears will be accepted with pleasure.  Just keep us updated!  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #86 on: April 17, 2006, 02:03:59 pm »
Yeehaw!!!!!!!

I did it!!! Can't quite believe it, but I booked my flight to NYC! Just have to find a place to stay. Anybody know a Motel Siesta or somethin'??

I'll be in town from friday (April 28th) till monday which is a holiday in Germany anyway. Somebody please tell me I am crazy. My husband did already. He's a bit envious because he'll have to stay at home with little Franca and his mother who has to undergo surgery that very weekend. Poor soul. He can't get away, but said I could. Such a sweetheart.

« Last Edit: October 12, 2006, 08:35:48 am by Pipedream »

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #87 on: April 17, 2006, 03:45:04 pm »
Yeehaw!  Let the First International Broncho festivities begin!  :laugh: 8)

Wilkommen in New York, pipedream!  You will definitely give our Broncho a certain jet-setting glamour.  8)

Here's a website with some hotel info (the Hotel Newton is fairly reasonably priced and is in my neighborhood): http://www.newyorkhotel.com.  But you may want to wait til some other Bronchers check this thread just in case they can offer you a spare bed.

Can't wait to say howdy in person!  :D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #88 on: April 17, 2006, 03:49:22 pm »
Yeehaw!!!!!!!

I did it!!! Can't quite believe it, but I booked my flight to NYC! Just have to find a place to stay. Anybody know a Motel Siesta or somethin'??

I'll be in town from friday (April 28th) till monday which is a holiday in Germany anyway. Somebody please tell me I am crazy. My husband did already. He's a bit envious because he'll have to stay at home with little Franca and his mother who has to undergo surgery that very weekend. Poor soul. He can't get away, but said I could. Such a sweetheart.

And this, folks, is what I am doing right now - celebrating:
OMG!!!OMG! I am so totally psyched that we have a Tremblayan Brokie from GERMANY coming to our BRONCHO!!! Elle, are you having second thoughts now???

I only have a studio, so I don't really have the space for ya, but let's put our heads together, brokies, and come up with some where nice for our guest to stay!

pipedream, you are crazy, but it's the kinda crazy we can't get enough of around here!

YEEHAAW!!

Hey, I'm thinking we might should make some t-shirts to commemmorate this fine event. We could do this at cost if you don't want to make it part of the donations to Matthew Shepard Foundation, and I could order them for everyone according to size so we just pay one shipping charge and it would be a lot less that way, maybe even free shipping.

Who is interested??? I am thinking we would have it say something like

Chez Tremblay Brokies
First International Broncho
New York, NY
April 29th, 2006
Yeee Haaw!!

Of course that may be too much text but it's just brainstorming at this point. But to design and get it in time I'd want to have it worked out by Friday, so let me know if your innerested!

So happy you are coming Pipedream!!! (what is your real name again??)

Jenny  ;D :D ;D

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Pipedream

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2006, 04:10:52 pm »
Meryl, Jenny,

thanks for your nice posts!!! That's so cool! I am really exited that I am doing this! And there'll be so much time for me to do all that tourist stuff: Statue of Liberty, Ground Zero, Museum of Modern Art, shopping. Gosh, I'll have to make schedule.

Jenny, that t-shirt thing would be great! We really should think of a nice slogan. At the moment, however, only stupid things pop to my mind, like: 

It was all about Cowboys.
But it happened at the Cowgirl.   
Brokie-Brunch, April 29th 2006

Hmmm.... Maybe I'll come up with a better one tomorrow.

I'll see ya around!!!

Cheers!
(I am still at it with that beer you see in the picture. Just refilled. Yeah, I am really soooo like Ennis....... ::))

Oh, almost forgot: my name is Anke
« Last Edit: April 17, 2006, 04:25:08 pm by pipedream »