Author Topic: What would you do?  (Read 7161 times)

mvansand76

What would you do?
« on: July 21, 2006, 07:05:01 am »
Yesterday I started thinking of something that happened to me and my sister in London in 1995. My sister and I had just watched a play called Design for Living in the West-End, which starred Rupert Graves, Rachel Weisz and Marcus D'Amico. After the play we walked towards the underground and took the train home to East Finchley. The guy sitting next to us looked strangely familiar and my sister and I started whispering to each other in Dutch and then my sister turned to him and asked "Excuse me, are you in a play?", it turned out to be Marcus D'Amico, the guy we had just seen on stage in Design for Living. We talked to him for a while, he was such a nice guy and I asked him what Rupert Graves was like (I'm a huge fan) and he told me he is a very nice, soft-spoken person, Marcus promised me he would say hi for me.

So, this memory got me thinking, what would I say or do now if I bumped into/met/sat next to Jake or Heath (or preferably both) on the train/plane/subway? Something in the lines of:

Shaking hands: Melissa van der Sande
Shaking hands: Jake
Puzzled look: Your folks just stop at Jake?

OK, that's too easy... :laugh:   but....

What would you do?

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Re: What would you do?
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2006, 07:27:54 am »
Leslie: "Oh, you're Jake Gyllenhaal? I just loved you in City Slickers!"
Jake: "Uh, yes. Well, that was a long time ago. I have been in a bunch of other movies since then."
Leslie: "Really, like what?"
Jake: "Uh...The Day After Tomorrow, Donnie Darko, Jarhead, Brokeback Mountain...I was nominated for an Academy Award for Brokeback."
Leslie: "Yes, I saw all of those, except Donnie Darko. Weren't you in October Sky, too?"
Jake: "As a matter of fact, yes, I was."
Leslie: "You're a very good actor, but I still think your breakthrough role was City Slickers. And you were so cute in that, too!"
Jake looks at Leslie like she has completely lost her mind. Leslie smiles sweetly. What else is a girl to do?

L

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline dannyboy

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2006, 07:51:51 am »

dan: *staring open mouthed*

jake: *notices, folds his newspaper and goes to fetch security*

:-\

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2006, 08:53:37 am »

Sue:  JAKE F***ING GYLLENHAAL, OH MY GOD, IS THAT YOU, OH MY GOD, I DONT BELIEVE IT, OH MY GOD, I DONT BELIEVE IT, I THINK IM GONNA FAINT,

and thats what I do, and by the time I wake up, he has gone.....and the men in white coats, take me away......
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2006, 09:05:08 am »
Jeff: Far too shy and cowardly to do a damn thing! (Just console myself that I was "respecting his/their privacy/personal space." Yeah, right.  :laugh: )
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2006, 10:59:08 am »
What I did:

Jake, Heath, Michelle, Diana, Rodrigo, Gustavo: (sitting facing us, politely taking turns answering questions at the Aero)

Me: (15 feet away in the third row, politely trying to avoid letting them know that my laser beam eyes are on high-power, soul-sucking strength*)

* really just on that power level for Heath

Two in our group actually talked to them, I just gazed.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2006, 11:21:26 am »
I

-blushed
-trembled
-pit-a-patted violently in the chest
-felt hot and cold
-fidgeted.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2006, 11:29:32 am »
I

-blushed
-trembled
-felt hot and cold
-fidgeted.

She means at the Aero.  Hi Roomie! [Insert waving emoticon here, and whistling, dancing ones too, both red and yellow.]

mvansand76

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2006, 11:40:14 am »
I

-blushed
-trembled
-felt hot and cold
-fidgeted.

God, I can imagine!  :D

What I did:

Can I just add that I am mighty jealous?

mvansand76

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 11:41:59 am »
Leslie: "Oh, you're Jake Gyllenhaal? I just loved you in City Slickers!"

:laugh:
Jeff: Far too shy and cowardly to do a damn thing! (Just console myself that I was "respecting his/their privacy/personal space." Yeah, right.  :laugh: )

I know! That's what I always tell myself! You never know what will ACTUALLY happen, though, right?

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2006, 01:21:09 am »
Melissa, I have sat here for a few minutes just trying to imagine such a scenerio and I am going weak at the knees just thinking about it!  ???

God! I don't know what I would say or do. I can't even imagine it.

Seriously, once I realized the person actually was Heath or Jake I would probably faint.... or at the very least I would  begin to get a panicky feeling inside.

If I could walk, I would probably get up and move to another seat, and then just sit there and stare at him out of the corner of my eye... and then kick myself in the ass later on for passing up such an opportunity.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: July 22, 2006, 09:28:25 pm »
Lets see...hmmmm.  What would I do?

In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

vkm91941

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2006, 02:35:42 am »
what would I do..... Hmmmm " Hi Jake, remember me, September 2002 just outside Boston, lunch craft services, San Diego Zoo, Lord of the Flies, ringin any bells now"   Jake: " I have never seen you before in my life lady".....Oh well I remember.  ::)

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2006, 05:24:56 am »
I don't think I would faint or anything, but I would look at him intently, trying to catch his attention, and when I did, I'd smile ever so sweetly and go over and ask whether he ever got that (extremely beautiful and extremely big, so he couldn't miss it) postcard I sent him back in March, as part of that "thank you " campaign. (I'd really have loved to hear from Jake, Heath or Ang if they ever got them, and how they felt about this. :D)
And then we could get talking, and I might convince him that it would be a unique experience for him to try* with an older woman, and a French one to boot... ;D

*Talking of a meal at a French restaurant of course ;)
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline David

« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2006, 08:33:37 am »
What would I do?

Hmmm,   ever see the movie Misery with Kathy Bates?   LOL.   <just kidding!>

Although kidnapping Jake and tying him to my bed does sound like fun.   

"Ok Jake,  I'll untie you only after you tell me how much you want to be here!   LOL.   And if it means sex 24/7 until you are convinced, so be it."

;D

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2006, 09:35:48 am »
Well, in my fantasy world in which I always manage to say and do the perfect thing at the perfect time, I'd offer my hand and introduce myself very confidently and tell either of them that I think he's extraordinarily talented and that what he did in Brokeback Mountain was something I'd never experienced before - he brought a character so much to life that he's as real as if he's standing here with us and that I haven't been able to shake Ennis or Jack since the first moment I saw him.  Then I'd ask him if he'd do me the honor of an autograph.  And in my fantasy world, he'd write something sweet as molasses and I'd go back to my seat glowing like the metal at the edge of a knife.

In the real world, I would be too intimidated to say anything, wouldn't be able to look him in the eye if I bumped smack into him, and would be shaking so hard it'd make the floor boards vibrate.
No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2006, 11:24:10 am »
I see that it would take a lot of fainting! ;D

Would you also take the chance to tell them about bettermost?

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2006, 01:31:35 pm »
Oh, definitely would tell them about Bettermost! Would even ask them to post from time to time, and be kind enough to PM every one of us  :D
" - I'm vegan now."

Offline wolf

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2006, 08:23:15 pm »
Would even ask them to post from time to time :D

how do you know they don't already do that ? ;) 8) ;)

w

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: July 25, 2006, 02:22:04 am »

w

You mean... you mean... hunh?? AAAHHH, I may not faint but my imagination is going to run wild for the rest of the time I'm going to be around these boards now!! Which means, a very long time!
And as we (at least, I) don't know anything about you wolf, I am going to wonder if you're one or the other, Jake or Heath (I love BOTH equally by the way  :D), or if you know them... In which case, please pass on my suggestion about PMing us, well ME in fact!
Wow, this made my day! Lalalalalalala,lalala,lalala ... (those men wear white coats in France too, I'll stop when I spot them, haha!)
" - I'm vegan now."

vkm91941

« Reply #20 on: July 25, 2006, 02:44:37 am »
(those men wear white coats in France too, I'll stop when I spot them, haha!)

LOL you mean these guys isabelle....they say we all just need a nice long rest.... :laugh:

mvansand76

« Reply #21 on: July 26, 2006, 06:57:28 am »
You mean... you mean... hunh?? AAAHHH, I may not faint but my imagination is going to run wild for the rest of the time I'm going to be around these boards now!! Which means, a very long time!
And as we (at least, I) don't know anything about you wolf, I am going to wonder if you're one or the other, Jake or Heath (I love BOTH equally by the way  :D), or if you know them... In which case, please pass on my suggestion about PMing us, well ME in fact!
Wow, this made my day! Lalalalalalala,lalala,lalala ... (those men wear white coats in France too, I'll stop when I spot them, haha!)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Well, Jake may have time on his hands now that he has finished filming Zodiac?

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #22 on: July 26, 2006, 08:36:48 am »
Oh, definitely would tell them about Bettermost! Would even ask them to post from time to time, and be kind enough to PM every one of us  :D

w

You know, its funny you should say that, because I have often wondered if they ever have looked in on us, and maybe joined us......and if they have, I dont think they would be disappointed with the impact they have made on us......

So just in case either of you two boys are out there.....I LOVE YOU
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #23 on: July 26, 2006, 01:04:31 pm »

Well, Jake may have time on his hands now that he has finished filming Zodiac?

AlRIGHT!! So what're'ya waiting for, cowboy? A matin' call? ;) :-*
" - I'm vegan now."