Author Topic: Amazon has shipped my DVD!!!  (Read 8723 times)

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
Re: Amazon has shipped my DVD!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2006, 05:49:41 pm »
Damn it you guys are so lucky, us lot in the UK have to wait until the 24th. Only 23 days to go! But who is counting?hunh? ;D
I would love to live in the states, you have everything: The weather, the people, the manners, the accents and the homophobia!.....wait a minute that is not a good thing! :D I take back wanting to live in the US. I may migrate over there in a few years when you guys live in a more liberal country!
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2006, 05:56:27 pm »
Damn it you guys are so lucky, us lot in the UK have to wait until the 24th. Only 23 days to go! But who is counting?hunh? ;D
I would love to live in the states, you have everything: The weather, the people, the manners, the accents and the homophobia!.....wait a minute that is not a good thing! :D I take back wanting to live in the US. I may migrate over there in a few years when you guys live in a more liberal country!

LOL, Becky, "a few years"? Oh, the optimism of youth... I guess it doesn't hurt to hope, though.
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2006, 06:23:38 pm »
I'm broke and can't order mine this week :'(

Offline Becky

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • No one can resist the Twist!
    • Myspace site, kinda scary but I like it!
« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2006, 06:34:19 pm »

LOL, Becky, "a few years"? Oh, the optimism of youth... I guess it doesn't hurt to hope, though.

Unfortunatley  I am just being optomistic!, I would also love there to be world peace, but that is not happening anytime soon! :(
"Look too often at those hills, lie too long beside those rippling rivers, and you may think you are hearing a love song, when actually it is a death song." Larry McMurtry, Brokeback Mountain: Story to Screenplay.

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2006, 08:32:17 pm »
I'm gonna go see her in September and I cannot wait to watch it with her.

Moni, your mom sounds ADORABLE and I can't wait until you can watch it with her either.  I saw it with my mom the first time and (and now 4 total, more than anyone else), and it's been really nice to share my obsession with her.  Be sure to report back!!!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #15 on: April 01, 2006, 08:36:01 pm »
You can get three free months of Amazon Prime and get the DVD shipped 2nd Day Air for free by following the instructions here: http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=206.0
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #16 on: April 01, 2006, 10:43:36 pm »
Moni, your mom sounds ADORABLE and I can't wait until you can watch it with her either.  I saw it with my mom the first time and (and now 4 total, more than anyone else), and it's been really nice to share my obsession with her.  Be sure to report back!!!

:) Thank you! I'll tell her tomorrow what you said - she'll be pleased to hear it.

How wonderful that you could go see the film with your mom, and she was into it like you were! I remember the first two weeks after I just saw BBM, I couldn't find anyone who saw it, or wanted to talk about it. I felt so lonely, and I missed her even more, because I knew she had the heart and mind to embrace this film.
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #17 on: April 02, 2006, 05:10:10 am »
Based mostly on Leslie's statement that it was the best $79 she ever spent, I decided to get Amazon Prime.  (I'm embarrassed to tell you how many times I have added stuff to my Amazon orders just to make it to $25 and qualify for free delivery.)

Then I read Phillip's description and decided to try for it.  I got the 3 month free trial first try, and they are estimating delivery date to be April 6th.  $16.99 total. 

I pre-ordered the DVD from them in February.  Today they were still about to charge me $29 for it + shipping for a total of $32!  And an estimated delivery date of April 16th.  So I cancelled that noise.  Thanks Phillip!  What an unpexpected silver lining to the troll wars!

Hunh.

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #18 on: April 02, 2006, 10:28:03 am »
I pre-ordered the DVD from them in February.

Clarissa, how in the heck did you do that?  I signed up for the pre-order email notification months ago and never got one, then watched the site like a hawk before and after the official DVD announcement and placed my order very soon after they finally started accepting them.  And while I got the $16 price I still got that late delivery date (but yes, I did go super-saver). 

Oh well.  Once it comes, I'll have it forever!
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2006, 11:29:55 am »
Just got a notification from Amazon.com that they shipped my DVD!!!

*doing a happy dance*