Author Topic: Some *More* Getting to Know You Questions  (Read 20608 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Some *More* Getting to Know You Questions
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2006, 08:22:33 pm »
LOL!     Well, I don't have any Irish in me.   Not at the moment at least!    :laugh:

As my friend Suzanne says, I am Irish by injection only.  ;)

(Secretly, my ancestry is almost entirely Irish, also.)
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2006, 06:37:50 pm »
1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?   Clarissa
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? No
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?  Last Saturday morning, watching a performance of Oklahoma! by 11-18 year olds.  It was so beauitful to see their little gestures and hear those songs.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  Yes.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?  Turkey
6. KIDS?  A three year old wonderment named Miranda
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Yes
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?  Kinda, in my Palm.

9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  A lot less than I used to.  It used to be humor was more important than kindness to me, now it's reversed.  
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  No, 9 years old, Lenox HIll Hospital (the  same hospital John Gallagher was in this year)
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  No way, Jose.
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  I'm not much of a cereal eater.  But I guess oatmeal.
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?    Yes
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?    Physically, not nearly like I used to be (except in the picking up and carrying of said three year old.  I can do that much longer than my very fit sister who runs and mountain bikes and climbs.  Emotionally, I have endurance.
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?     I eat too much.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST?   My grandmother who died years ago, and my friend Melissa who moved to Sacramento this spring.

17. WHAT COLORS are you wearing right now?     Blue and white seersucker shirt, blue shorts, pink shoes.
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?   Cioppino.
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?    The breeze in the trees outside in the yard, my dog's toe nails on the hardwood floor out in the living room.
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?    Periwinkle and apricot
21. FAVORITE SMELL?    Bergamot.
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?    When I started the questionnaire this morning, it was Celeste.  Now it's afternoon and the most recent is my husband David.
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?    The spark of intelligence in their eyes  
24. FAVORITE DRINK?    Water.

25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?    No.
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?    The new IKEA catalog, and BetterMost.
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?   Laptop, no mousepad.
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?    The new Woody Allen movie, Scoop.
29. FAVORITE SOUND?    Rain.
30. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?     I never know how to answer these questions.  I know all Beatle songs by heart, but my most-listened to recently (of the two bands) is "Moonlight Mile" by The Rolling Stones.
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?    Thailand?  India?  Australia?  Not sure which is furthest.
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?    Making up songs that rhyme and are a propos, right on the spot.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 06:53:32 pm by Ellemeno »

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2006, 09:36:02 pm »
Ooh, Clarissa.  What did you think of 'Scoop'?  We came this || close to going to see it yesterday, but one thing led to another and it didn't happen.  Do you recommend it?
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #23 on: August 04, 2006, 03:29:51 pm »
Ooh, Clarissa.  What did you think of 'Scoop'?  We came this || close to going to see it yesterday, but one thing led to another and it didn't happen.  Do you recommend it?

I think my standards must have been too high.  It seemed like the rest of the audience laughed a lot more than I did.  It wasn't that I didn't get the jokes, I did.  Go just wanting to be entertained and you'll probably like it.   And there were several threads that never got tied up at the end, which bugged me.  I think the script needed tightening, before being shot.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #24 on: August 04, 2006, 03:38:55 pm »
I think my standards must have been too high.  It seemed like the rest of the audience laughed a lot more than I did.  It wasn't that I didn't get the jokes, I did.  Go just wanting to be entertained and you'll probably like it.   And there were several threads that never got tied up at the end, which bugged me.  I think the script needed tightening, before being shot.

Oh, see that would bug me to no end.  I can't stand logic flaws and inconsistencies.  I think I'll take a pass on it.

I'm looking forward to "Little Miss Sunshine" coming out in a couple of weeks.  In spite of the dreaded Steve Carell (see the thread in his honor), it looks really good.  And even he looks like he rose to the occasion in the couple of previews I've seen.  And I love Greg Kinnear to pieces.  I have since his "Talk Soup" days.  Uh-oh.  Deja vu...  Have I said this very thing on this board (or somewhere) already? 
No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #25 on: August 06, 2006, 03:12:32 am »
Oh, see that would bug me to no end.  I can't stand logic flaws and inconsistencies.  I think I'll take a pass on it.

Barb, i had to log in because I just remembered my favorite part of Scoop and wanted to tell you about it - the Focus Features logo at the beginning.  Ya know?  I've had that two or three times now with a movie, there's the wonderful Focus or RiverRoad beginning - and then the damn thing isn't BBM.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2006, 09:49:16 am »
Barb, i had to log in because I just remembered my favorite part of Scoop and wanted to tell you about it - the Focus Features logo at the beginning.  Ya know?  I've had that two or three times now with a movie, there's the wonderful Focus or RiverRoad beginning - and then the damn thing isn't BBM.

LOL!  In sort of related news, I went to see "Click" yesterday (not my first choice - a friend really wanted to see it - turns out it wasn't half bad (just a third bad - nyuk nyuk)), and they were showing a couple of Lions Gate previews at the beginning.  I said to my friend, "Don't hate me, but if it turns out this movie was produced by Lions Gate, I'm gonna have to leave and ask for my money back.  It's a principle thing."  Funny thing is she knows me well enough, she goes, "OK - you can go watch "Keeping up With the Steins" and I'll meet you afterwards, if that's the case."  Turns out it was Columbia/Revolution.  So she got to have the pleasure of my company.

(I have GOT to get some professional help.)
No more beans!

Offline silkncense

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "It's alright; 's alright."
« Reply #27 on: August 06, 2006, 02:37:12 pm »
Didn't do the survey but I did see Scoop - disliked it.  Tired, wellworn plot, waste of Hugh Jackman (sigh --- right up there w/ Jake & Ralph), Scarlett Johanssen was weak & unbelievable - uh, I agree w/ Clarissa - loved the Focus Features beginning & then downhill from there.
"……when I think of him, I just can't keep from crying…because he was a friend of mine…"

Offline ekeby

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #28 on: August 06, 2006, 03:43:34 pm »

1. FIRST NAME ON YOUR BIRTH CERTIFICATE?  Paul
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE?  Yes - my father, and my grandfather's best friend
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY?  Last time I watched BBM, a couple days ago
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR OWN HANDWRITING?  Yes, even though other people complain it's hard to read
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT?  Mortadella
6. KIDS?  nope
7. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU?  "Depends on what kind of other person I was." --good answer
8. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL?  no, but I write a lot about things on my mind
9. DO YOU USE SARCASM A LOT?  more than I should
10. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS?  no
11. WOULD YOU EVER BUNGEE JUMP?  "Hell, no." again, good answer
12. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL?  Grape Nuts
13. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SNEAKERS WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF?  No.
14. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG?  Yes
15. WHAT IS YOUR LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF?  excess weight.
16. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? My father and my best friend
17. WHAT COLORS are you wearing right now?  Khakhi shorts and "tomato" t-shirt
18. LAST THING YOU ATE?  shredded wheat
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW?  crickets buzzing outside
20. FAVORITE CRAYOLA CRAYON COLOR?  Cerulean
21. FAVORITE SMELL?  lilacs in bloom
22. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON (NOT A CO-WORKER) YOU TALKED WITH ON THE PHONE?  My nephew
23. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE YOU ARE ATTRACTED TO?  Their shape
24. FAVORITE DRINK?  Diet Rite -- hate to admit it
25. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS?  I used to
26. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING?  Reflections in a Golden Eye by Carson McCullers
27. WHAT'S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?  it's plain purple
28. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT?  The Man I Love (french)
29. FAVORITE SOUND?  babbling brook
30. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES?  Stones!
31. THE FURTHEST YOU'VE BEEN FROM HOME?  England
32. WHAT IS YOUR SPECIAL TALENT?  hmmm . . . . very creative in a lot of areas, but I guess writing
I complain too much. That teacher don't like me. Now it's your turn.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #29 on: August 06, 2006, 05:21:43 pm »
Didn't do the survey but I did see Scoop - disliked it.  Tired, wellworn plot, waste of Hugh Jackman (sigh --- right up there w/ Jake & Ralph), Scarlett Johanssen was weak & unbelievable - uh, I agree w/ Clarissa - loved the Focus Features beginning & then downhill from there.

Just came back from 'Scoop'.  Ditto.  The Focus feature logo made my stomach go flip flop and then I saw a movie that I almost walked out on.  Only Hugh Jackman kept me in my seat.