Author Topic: The Great Tremblayan Migration--March 30, 2006. Happy 9th!  (Read 60450 times)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: The Great Tremblayan Migration--March 30, 2006. Happy 5th!
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2011, 12:06:59 pm »
I've been traveling and have been offline. Hard to believe it's been five years. Where does the time go?

My travels took me to San Francisco and I did have a chance to see the Castro Theatre (from the outside). So very cool...

L

And "The Wings" being played on the organ.  And Eric and RouxB yeehawing next to me.

Offline Luvlylittlewing

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #51 on: April 08, 2011, 12:19:15 pm »
Yes, I remember it well.  I believe I attended most, if not all of the screenings.

Offline Peter John Shields

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #52 on: March 27, 2014, 11:08:34 pm »
What was the Tremblayan Migration?
Was that a reference in the film?  Or was it another Brokeback forum?
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 12:00:38 am by stripey »
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #53 on: March 28, 2014, 08:04:59 am »
Well, I wasn't here for the migration, but I believe it was a reference to when users left the IMDB board (internet movie database) because of the amount of negativity and trolls, and came here once the forum was up and running.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
« Reply #54 on: March 28, 2014, 08:45:20 am »
Ah I see - thanks CellarDweller.
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The Great Tremblayan Migration--March 30, 2006. Happy 3rd!
« Reply #55 on: March 28, 2014, 10:12:48 am »
Ya Know, I really can't believe you held your tongue for two whole days! You always have something to say and it's always something worth hearin (or reading LOL).
Glad you finally started speakin. I know i'm the better for it!
It still amazes me the impact the story (  I mean the SS and the movie) had on so many people.
I'm so glad I am one of them and I am so glad I sound my way here.
 ;D

I'm so glad loneleeb (Rich) found his way here too. He was one of the successes that keeps me going. I'm sad that he has departed from us, but glad that he found happiness at last before he had to depart. In his first line above, he was ribbing me for joining on March 6 but then not posting until March 8...that's the most I said in two days!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #56 on: March 28, 2014, 11:29:20 am »
Just a few more details about the Great Migration. As soon as the movie came out there was lots of buzz on the new IMDB site and many discussions, some of which are preserved on our own IMDB threads rewound forum. The movie attracted a lot of hate posts too, and it began to really bother the fans. So, some enterprising person decided to ask Pierre Tremblay if we could post on his IMDB page instead. Pierre was an assistant director for the movie. He graciously made a home for us there and chowhound invited me over there (even though for some reason the trolls weren't bothering me on the movie page). But eventually the trolls found us there too, and that's when Celeste invited me over to BetterMost. John and Phillip had established this quiet little discussion board and when the Tremblayans came over, we made quite a ruckus. But eventually we all settled down and built up this wonderful community!

I myself didn't participate in the Tremblayan era very long but I count myself as a Tremblayan because Celeste said that it was a self-selecting group. It seems somewhat fitting that Celeste (along with NewYearsDay and one or two others) led the Tremblayan Exodus, since she is now studying to be a rabbi!!

(Everybody feel free to correct any details I've forgotten or got wrong)
"chewing gum and duct tape"

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • On a river bank.
    • My web page.
Re: The Great Tremblayan Migration--March 30, 2006. Happy 8th!
« Reply #57 on: March 29, 2014, 12:04:44 am »
Yes I remember when everyone came over but didn't realise that was the name.
It was great to welcome you all.  I was never on IMDB but can't remember now how I found this forum, unless it was simply via a search engine.
It was sad to hear about what had happened on the other forum.
Cheerio,
PJ

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #58 on: March 29, 2014, 01:44:09 pm »
Goodness! 8 years..... how time flies! NewYearsDay invited me to Pierre Tremblay and then Celeste to here.. :)
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Berit

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #59 on: March 30, 2014, 08:08:47 am »
Today is the big day!! Congrats to all that migrated!!

I Joined 2007, the 5th of June. I stayed on IMDB forum longer than many, I can't really remember why. I was om IMDB for approximately 18 months. I got invited to come to BetterMost but I can't remember who invited me. Maybe SusieBell......

I have never posted much, my English is too bad. But I read and enjoy being a member. brokeback and BM opened the world to me in many ways.

Let's celebrate this day. And let's figure out a way to celebrate our movie and the impact it had - and has - in our lives!!The 10th anniversary is not far away!!
Ennis.....always Ennis.....