Author Topic: What Do You Drive?  (Read 16170 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: What Do You Drive?
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2009, 07:17:04 am »
Tasha, hunh?  Are you sure that's not a deep purple instead of black?
 ;D

>:( :laugh:

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2009, 09:58:06 am »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2009, 10:46:23 am »
I drive a silver Kia Rio.....4 door, five speed manual. I've had it from new, it is now just over 6years old, has 80,000 kms on the clock, runs on the smell of an oily rag.

Hubby has a Ford. Plum coloured, automatic.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: April 03, 2009, 11:00:46 am »

I have a 1999 VW Beetle (white).  I can't believe it's 10 years old this year.  It only has about 65,000 miles on it and is in pretty good shape.

It's a most-excellent city car.  I can fit into small parallel parking spaces that many large cars couldn't even think about.

:)

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline huntinbuddy

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #14 on: April 03, 2009, 08:45:33 pm »
I have a 1999 VW Beetle (white).  I can't believe it's 10 years old this year.  It only has about 65,000 miles on it and is in pretty good shape.

It's a most-excellent city car.  I can fit into small parallel parking spaces that many large cars couldn't even think about.

I  bought a 96 Chevy Blazer that had 50K miles, in 2000 from a doctor here in town, who didn't have room for it in his four-vehicle garage.  Life's a bitch ain't it?  ;D
It has had it's share of major surgeries over the years, new fuel pump, new alternator, surgery on the A/C , which is now broken...again, and just a couple years ago, a complete engine
tear down as it had a cracked head.....$1600 surgery there.  Of course a couple set of new tires over the years.

But it will turn 150K miles perhaps as soon as next week, and is my ride, and with economy the way it is, don't see myself stepping back into auto payments for at least a year or two yet.
Paid this one off in 2005.

Other transportation for me besides my feet is a Specialized Hard Rock mountain bike I bought for my 40th birthday (1998).  Love that thing.....still take it out blazing around trails when the
weather is nice.  Even ride it to work when the Chevy has surgeries.  :D

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2009, 09:13:02 pm »
I thought of you today, huntinbuddy. I passed a white pickup truck with Missouri plates that said GDSHOT. I thought, that must be huntinbuddy!! But then I remembered that you don't actually hunt.  :laugh:
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2009, 09:25:26 pm »

My Daihatsu Charade is about the same size as your VW, Amanda. Most of my driving is done near home - city driving. Parking is a breeze and it negotiates Sydney's narrow inner-city alleys with ready ease. Some friends with larger cars who live in the outer suburbs, refuse to even attempt the narrow streets and alleys near my home. Another wonderful thing about my Charade is that it can turn on a dime. (Hope I've got my American terminology right there!)  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #17 on: April 03, 2009, 09:51:32 pm »
My Daihatsu Charade is about the same size as your VW, Amanda. Most of my driving is done near home - city driving. Parking is a breeze and it negotiates Sydney's narrow inner-city alleys with ready ease. Some friends with larger cars who live in the outer suburbs, refuse to even attempt the narrow streets and alleys near my home. Another wonderful thing about my Charade is that it can turn on a dime. (Hope I've got my American terminology right there!)  :)

very good, Kerry!

yep the Beetle is a GOOD car for a single person (or couple) in the city! I have never seen a Charade though!

injest

« Reply #18 on: April 03, 2009, 09:52:22 pm »
I drive a silver Kia Rio.....4 door, five speed manual. I've had it from new, it is now just over 6years old, has 80,000 kms on the clock, runs on the smell of an oily rag.

Hubby has a Ford. Plum coloured, automatic.

now SEE? I always knew Bob sounded reasonable!!

injest

« Reply #19 on: April 03, 2009, 09:53:18 pm »

Beetles are adorable..except if I had one I would have to fight the urge to put stickers and decals on it....they just seem to "need" decorating...