Author Topic: Questions for Ang Lee  (Read 60943 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Questions for Ang Lee
« Reply #40 on: April 01, 2009, 04:12:22 pm »

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
You are on a roll, Ang!

Would that be egg roll?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #41 on: April 01, 2009, 06:45:45 pm »
When you were in China about the Brokeback Mountian movie, what did you say there and then?

S.V.P., I especially would like to know why they did laugh, please!

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #42 on: April 01, 2009, 06:49:28 pm »
First of all, do you have a role for me in your next film?

Quite possibly, Hugh. Why don't you stop by my casting couch office one evening this week and we'll discuss? Bring wine.

Secondly, what is the pentecost?

That's when serious artistic professionals like you and me march off to my office ...

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 01, 2009, 06:50:08 pm »
Dear Mr Lee, I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to have you here at BetterMost. So much so, in fact, I appear to be cured of my debilitating, life-long flying phobia and am now planning on flying from Australia (where I live) to New York for the forthcoming Brokie dinner with you. I've just booked my ticket on-line. Yee-Haw! Can't wait!  :D

Ang (may I call you Ang?), my question to you relates to the little wooden figurine Ennis is seen carving during a thunderstorm up on Brokeback. Towards the end of the film, when Ennis enters Jack's childhood bedroom at Lightning Flat, there is a little wooden figurine of a horse and rider on Jack's desk. I have often wondered if they are one and the same. A gift of love given by Ennis to Jack and treasured by Jack thereafter, kept by him in the same safe place that Jack kept the treasured shirts.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 01, 2009, 06:56:08 pm »
Mr. Lee, when you have a moment more - I've read that you are warm and supportive to your actors before the filming starts, but once you are on set, you say very little to them, sometimes leaving them insecure as to how they are doing in your eyes.  Care to comment?

Well, before filming starts, there is always much to discuss. You know, about the roles and all. Usually this takes place in my office. In the evening. Over wine.

Then, once filming begins, I am often distracted because I am busy after hours auditioning other attractive actors for roles in my many other upcoming films. However, if they have serious questions about their performance I am always happy to invite them to my office, where I can analyze their performance in private.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 07:03:48 pm »
When you were in China about the Brokeback Mountian movie, what did you say there and then?

S.V.P., I especially would like to know why they did laugh, please!

I said, "我祝愿我会放弃您!"

And they laughed because they were being polite. Everybody always laughs politely when I quote that line. It doesn't translate that well into Chinese, though.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 07:06:21 pm »
What? F.ck... ?

Is that it?

Let it was two men having sex together?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 07:07:17 pm »
I often asked that another Brokeback Mountain movie be made!

Could that become so?

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 07:09:34 pm »
Dear Mr Lee, I can't begin to tell you how thrilled I am to have you here at BetterMost. So much so, in fact, I appear to be cured of my debilitating, life-long flying phobia and am now planning on flying from Australia (where I live) to New York for the forthcoming Brokie dinner with you. I've just booked my ticket on-line. Yee-Haw! Can't wait!  :D

Wonderful! Bon voyage, Kerry. I'm looking forward to meeting you.

Ang (may I call you Ang?), my question to you relates to the little wooden figurine Ennis is seen carving during a thunderstorm up on Brokeback. Towards the end of the film, when Ennis enters Jack's childhood bedroom at Lightning Flat, there is a little wooden figurine of a horse and rider on Jack's desk. I have often wondered if they are one and the same. A gift of love given by Ennis to Jack and treasured by Jack thereafter, kept by him in the same safe place that Jack kept the treasured shirts.

They are two different horses. The wooden one, Ennis did indeed give to Jack. But the little figure on Jack's desk in his boyhood room is an item that Jack had purchased at the Lightning Flat gift shop and planned to give to Ennis to reciprocate.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2009, 07:10:24 pm »
Can you tell us if any male actors was/were  gay (homosexual) man/men playing in the Brokeback Mountain movie?

Thatis, in his real life?