Author Topic: HEATH WILL PLAY THE JOKER IN BATMAN BEGINS SEQUEL!  (Read 23431 times)

Offline opinionista

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
HEATH WILL PLAY THE JOKER IN BATMAN BEGINS SEQUEL!
« on: July 27, 2006, 10:08:18 am »
From IMDB:

Ledger To Join 'Batman' Cast As Joker?

Brokeback Mountain star Heath Ledger may have scored the coveted role of The Joker in the Batman Begins sequel, according to press reports in Australia. The actor was reportedly offered the plum part last week and will star in the next installment of the film set to be released in 2008. Oscar-winner Robin Williams was reportedly desperate to land the role and The Da Vinci Code star Paul Bettany was also rumored to be in talks for the part. According to film website Moviehole.net, filmmakers wanted to cast an actor in the part of Batman's adversary who was roughly the same age as 32-year-old star Christian Bale. Ledger is also working with Bale on I'm Not There, a film in which seven actors embody different aspects of musician Bob Dylan's life and work.

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2006-07-27/#2
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 11:48:49 am by opinionista »
Good judgement comes from experience. Experience comes from bad judgement. -Mark Twain.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: HEATH MIGHT PLAY THE JOKER ON BATMAN BEGINS SEQUEL!
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2006, 10:11:47 am »
He's got the mouth!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Re: HEATH MIGHT PLAY THE JOKER IN BATMAN BEGINS SEQUEL!
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2006, 11:04:55 am »
You're so right, Sarah!   ;D

I'd rather see Heath in a serious role, but he's all about diversity, so I'm not surprised he is taking them up on the Joker.  He's one of the few younger actors around these days who has that kind of range.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline chefjudy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • "a pair a deuces"
HEATH WILL PLAY THE JOKER IN BATMAN BEGINS SEQUEL!
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 09:48:30 pm »
 :D it's official!  Heath will play the Joker in the next Batman movie - here is the link http://news.aol.com/entertainment/movies/articles/_a/heath-ledger-set-as-joker-in-batman/20060801064509990001

should make for an interesting movie, don't you think??
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 09:52:30 pm by chefjudy »
Judy

"it could be like this, just like this, always......" Jack Twist

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • I lost myself to him.
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:50:22 pm »
Isn't that funny. Last year they were saying that Jake Gyllenhaal would be Two-Face.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 10:56:38 pm »
Isn't that funny. Last year they were saying that Jake Gyllenhaal would be Two-Face.

That's exactly what I was thinking when I read this thread Daniel, only I couldn't remember who the character he was supposed to play was...

I loved the first Batman Begins, so hopefully this will be a good movie for Heath!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 11:35:14 pm »
Heath will be fab in this role. I am admiring, if somewhat perplexed, at his choices in roles. As serious as he is, he does not shy away from anything. As the article states, he is pretty fearless.

O0

Heathen

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2006, 01:54:42 am »
Plot summary courtesy of IMDb:

Plot Summary for
Untitled Batman Begins Sequel (2008)

Batman, Lt.Jim Gordon and D.A. Harvey Dent team up in an effort to stop the villainous Joker, a theatrical serial killer who lives for the sole purpose of causing harm to the citizens of Gotham, as well as The Dark knight. At the same time, Batman begins to uncover more of the corruption that is plaguing Gotham City, with the arrival of crime boss Salvatore Maroni.

Summary written by Anonymous

Crime Boss Salvatore Maroni and Roman Sionis(Black Mask) are in arms deal with one of Gotham's richest men, Oswald Cobblepot (The Penguin).The Penguin works with William Earle, a man who wants revenge on Bruce Wayne for firing him.Batman with help of Lt. James Gordon and New DA Harvey Dent battle for justice but only makes matters worth with arrival of The Clown Prince of Crime, The Joker.The Joker is a brutal serial killer who murders for fun.So Batman, Jim Gordon & Harvey Dent must save Gotham from the Joker's reign of terror and death.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2006, 11:45:33 am »
Heath playing a guy who murders for fun?  :'(  :'(  :'(

*Hugs Ennis really hard*
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline littleguitar

• She was always a lonely child...
Re: HEATH WILL PLAY THE JOKER IN BATMAN BEGINS SEQUEL!
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2006, 12:14:22 pm »
I hoping Heath's Joker will be a little more human than Jack Nicholson's... I don't like it when villains are entirely bad, when it is just evil vs. good and that is that.  I like Jack Nicholson's joker, but I imagine him  to be a little more tortured and dark, like Batman himself... I think Heath could really bring that aspect to it!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73