Author Topic: Once Again - The Humanetrics Myers-Briggs Type Indicator  (Read 7131 times)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Once Again - The Humanetrics Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
« on: July 28, 2006, 04:46:26 pm »
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes1.htm

Since we were talking about our Jungian/Myers-Briggs types on another thread recently, I thought I'd post the link to the same test we took back on the IMDb/PT boards.  For those who haven't taken it, some questions seem repetitive by design, and the wording is a little strange at times, but just pick the answer (Yes or No) that springs to mind first.

Here's a link to my results.  Interestingly, I'm still an INTJ.  But my level of I (Introvertedness) gets lower every time I take it.  I think that, like Peter Gabriel, I am really a closet extrovert.  I love people, but I don't mind being alone.

http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes3.asp

Just in case that doesn't link up right, here's the synopsis:

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
Strength of the preferences % 
11 88 62 22

Qualitative analysis of your type formula

You are:

slightly expressed introvert

very expressed sensing personality

distinctively expressed thinking personality

slightly expressed judging personality

Take it yourself and post your results here, if you're so inclined.  :)
No more beans!

Offline nakymaton

• aka Mel
Re: Once Again - The Humanetrics Myers-Briggs Type Indicator
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2006, 05:28:09 pm »
Mel: INFJ (78% introvert, 75% intuitive, 38% feeling, 1% judging)

I usually test as INFJ or INTJ on these things. I'm surprised that I came out so close on the P/J thing... though I've been pretty bad about getting things done lately.

INFJ usually describes me really well, though. http://www.typelogic.com/infj.html Or at least, I think so. I've been told by some psychology researchers that the MBTI doesn't hold up to rigorous scrutiny very well, so maybe not.
Watch out. That poster has a low startle point.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2006, 05:30:48 pm »
Interesting. When I took this about 4 months ago for a class, I was ISFJ. When I took it just now it says ISTJ, but the strength of Thinking is only 1%. The one I took before was much longer I think.

Your Type is
ISTJ
Introverted Sensing Thinking Judging
33 38 1 11

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

moderately expressed sensing personality

slightly expressed thinking personality

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2006, 05:44:54 pm »
Your Type is
ISFJ "Protector Guardian"
Introverted Sensing Feeling Judging
56 12 38 44

You are:
moderately expressed introvert

slightly expressed sensing personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

moderately expressed judging personality

For what its worth...  :-\

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 11:30:54 am »
Here's a link to the description of ISTJs:

http://www.typelogic.com/istj.html

Hmmmm...  Who do these passages sound like?

"As do other Introverted Thinkers, ISTJs often give the initial impression of being aloof and perhaps somewhat cold. Effusive expression of emotional warmth is not something that ISTJs do without considerable energy loss."

and

"ISTJs are easily frustrated by the inconsistencies of others, especially when the second parties don't keep their commitments. But they usually keep their feelings to themselves unless they are asked. And when asked, they don't mince words. Truth wins out over tact."

:o

No more beans!

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 11:37:43 am »
Barb, it is one of the great mysteries of life to me that you are an ISTJ.

I'm an INTJ (with INTP and INFJ tendencies).

By the way I think it was Leslie and I who took the test posing as Ennis and Jack; I predicted they'd be exact opposites and they were:

Ennis: ISTJ
Jack: ENFP

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 04:42:41 pm »
Barb, it is one of the great mysteries of life to me that you are an ISTJ.

I'm an INTJ (with INTP and INFJ tendencies).

By the way I think it was Leslie and I who took the test posing as Ennis and Jack; I predicted they'd be exact opposites and they were:

Ennis: ISTJ
Jack: ENFP

Perhaps if Ennis had gained the distinction of being a sophomore, he would have discovered that having a place to write down his thoughts and have them accepted and appreciated on a regular basis would have been a great emotional outlet for him.  ;)

And once again, now I see why I'm so madly in love with Jack Twist, even though he can never love me the way I really want and need him to.
No more beans!

mvansand76

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2006, 11:20:48 am »
I am ENFJ:

slightly expressed extrovert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

moderately expressed feeling personality

???

Offline saucycobblers

• Life is short. Smile while you still have teeth.
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2006, 05:45:28 pm »
Your Type is
ENFP
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Perceiving
33 25 75 22

ENFP type description by D.Keirsey
ENFP type description by J. Butt and M.M. Heiss

You are:
moderately expressed extrovert

moderately expressed intuitive personality

distinctively expressed feeling personality

slightly expressed perceiving personality

Will you stop playing with that radio of yours, I'm trying to get to sleep!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2007, 11:23:02 pm »

My Type is

ISFJ

* Introvert - 100%
* Sensing - 25%
* Feeling - 25%
* Judging - 67%

Qualitative analysis of my type formula

I am:

Very expressed introvert

Moderately expressed sensing personality

Moderately expressed feeling personality

Distinctly expressed judging personality

Interesting. No surprises here for me.  :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2007, 03:37:40 am »
Your Type is
ENFJ
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
11 38 62 44

You are:

* slightly expressed extrovert

* moderately expressed intuitive personality

* distinctively expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

???

Is this good, bad or indifferent?  ???

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2007, 03:44:00 am »
Here is Alistair's (Alex) results...

Your Type is
ESFJ
Extroverted Sensing Feeling Judging
22 1 38 11

You are:

* slightly expressed sensing personality

* moderately expressed feeling personality

* slightly expressed judging personality
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2007, 09:44:17 am »
Your Type is
ENFJ
Extroverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
11 38 62 44

You are:

* moderately expressed intuitive personality

* distinctively expressed feeling personality

* moderately expressed judging personality

???

Is this good, bad or indifferent?  ???

If you Google your type (enfj), there are several links with "profiles."  Here's one of yours:

http://www.personalitypage.com/ENFJ.html

The Giver

As an ENFJ, you're primary mode of living is focused externally, where you deal with things according to how you feel about them, or how they fit into your personal value system. Your secondary mode is internal, where you take things in primarily via your intuition.

ENFJs are people-focused individuals. They live in the world of people possibilities. More so than any other type, they have excellent people skills. They understand and care about people, and have a special talent for bringing out the best in others. ENFJ's main interest in life is giving love, support, and a good time to other people. They are focused on understanding, supporting, and encouraging others. They make things happen for people, and get their best personal satisfaction from this.

Because ENFJ's people skills are so extraordinary, they have the ability to make people do exactly what they want them to do. They get under people's skins and get the reactions that they are seeking. ENFJ's motives are usually unselfish, but ENFJs who have developed less than ideally have been known to use their power over people to manipulate them.

ENFJ's are so externally focused that it's especially important for them to spend time alone. This can be difficult for some ENFJs, because they have the tendency to be hard on themselves and turn to dark thoughts when alone. Consequently, ENFJs might avoid being alone, and fill their lives with activities involving other people. ENFJs tend to define their life's direction and priorities according to other people's needs, and may not be aware of their own needs. It's natural to their personality type that they will tend to place other people's needs above their own, but they need to stay aware of their own needs so that they don't sacrifice themselves in their drive to help others.

ENFJ's tend to be more reserved about exposing themselves than other extraverted types. Although they may have strongly-felt beliefs, they're likely to refrain from expressing them if doing so would interfere with bringing out the best in others. Because their strongest interest lies in being a catalyst of change in other people, they're likely to interact with others on their own level, in a chameleon-like manner, rather than as individuals.

Which is not to say that the ENFJ does not have opinions. ENFJs have definite values and opinions which they're able to express clearly and succinctly. These beliefs will be expressed as long as they're not too personal. ENFJ is in many ways expressive and open, but is more focused on being responsive and supportive of others. When faced with a conflict between a strongly-held value and serving another person's need, they are highly likely to value the other person's needs.

The ENFJ may feel quite lonely even when surrounded by people. This feeling of aloneness may be exacerbated by the tendency to not reveal their true selves.

People love ENFJs. They are fun to be with, and truly understand and love people. They are typically very straight-forward and honest. Usually ENFJs exude a lot of self-confidence, and have a great amount of ability to do many different things. They are generally bright, full of potential, energetic and fast-paced. They are usually good at anything which captures their interest.

ENFJs like for things to be well-organized, and will work hard at maintaining structure and resolving ambiguity. They have a tendency to be fussy, especially with their home environments.

In the work place, ENFJs do well in positions where they deal with people. They are naturals for the social committee. Their uncanny ability to understand people and say just what needs to be said to make them happy makes them naturals for counseling. They enjoy being the center of attention, and do very well in situations where they can inspire and lead others, such as teaching.

ENFJs do not like dealing with impersonal reasoning. They don't understand or appreciate its merit, and will be unhappy in situations where they're forced to deal with logic and facts without any connection to a human element. Living in the world of people possibilities, they enjoy their plans more than their achievements. They get excited about possibilities for the future, but may become easily bored and restless with the present.

ENFJs have a special gift with people, and are basically happy people when they can use that gift to help others. They get their best satisfaction from serving others. Their genuine interest in Humankind and their exceptional intuitive awareness of people makes them able to draw out even the most reserved individuals.

ENFJs have a strong need for close, intimate relationships, and will put forth a lot of effort in creating and maintaining these relationships. They're very loyal and trustworthy once involved in a relationship.

An ENFJ who has not developed their Feeling side may have difficulty making good decisions, and may rely heavily on other people in decision-making processes. If they have not developed their Intuition, they may not be able to see possibilities, and will judge things too quickly based on established value systems or social rules, without really understanding the current situation. An ENFJ who has not found their place in the world is likely to be extremely sensitive to criticism, and to have the tendency to worry excessively and feel guilty. They are also likely to be very manipulative and controling with others.

In general, ENFJs are charming, warm, gracious, creative and diverse individuals with richly developed insights into what makes other people tick. This special ability to see growth potential in others combined with a genuine drive to help people makes the ENFJ a truly valued individual. As giving and caring as the ENFJ is, they need to remember to value their own needs as well as the needs of others.

No more beans!

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 09:51:46 am »
Here's mine.  Am I Ennis, or what?

The Duty Fulfiller

As an ISTJ, your primary mode of living is focused internally, where you take things in via your five senses in a literal, concrete fashion. Your secondary mode is external, where you deal with things rationally and logically.

ISTJs are quiet and reserved individuals who are interested in security and peaceful living. They have a strongly-felt internal sense of duty, which lends them a serious air and the motivation to follow through on tasks. Organized and methodical in their approach, they can generally succeed at any task which they undertake.

ISTJs are very loyal, faithful, and dependable. They place great importance on honesty and integrity. They are "good citizens" who can be depended on to do the right thing for their families and communities. While they generally take things very seriously, they also usually have an offbeat sense of humor and can be a lot of fun - especially at family or work-related gatherings.

ISTJs tend to believe in laws and traditions, and expect the same from others. They're not comfortable with breaking laws or going against the rules. If they are able to see a good reason for stepping outside of the established mode of doing things, the ISTJ will support that effort. However, ISTJs more often tend to believe that things should be done according to procedures and plans. If an ISTJ has not developed their Intuitive side sufficiently, they may become overly obsessed with structure, and insist on doing everything "by the book".

The ISTJ is extremely dependable on following through with things which he or she has promised. For this reason, they sometimes get more and more work piled on them. Because the ISTJ has such a strong sense of duty, they may have a difficult time saying "no" when they are given more work than they can reasonably handle. For this reason, the ISTJ often works long hours, and may be unwittingly taken advantage of.

The ISTJ will work for long periods of time and put tremendous amounts of energy into doing any task which they see as important to fulfilling a goal. However, they will resist putting energy into things which don't make sense to them, or for which they can't see a practical application. They prefer to work alone, but work well in teams when the situation demands it. They like to be accountable for their actions, and enjoy being in positions of authority. The ISTJ has little use for theory or abstract thinking, unless the practical application is clear.

ISTJs have tremendous respect for facts. They hold a tremendous store of facts within themselves, which they have gathered through their Sensing preference. They may have difficulty understanding a theory or idea which is different from their own perspective. However, if they are shown the importance or relevance of the idea to someone who they respect or care about, the idea becomes a fact, which the ISTJ will internalize and support. Once the ISTJ supports a cause or idea, he or she will stop at no lengths to ensure that they are doing their duty of giving support where support is needed.

The ISTJ is not naturally in tune with their own feelings and the feelings of others. They may have difficulty picking up on emotional needs immediately, as they are presented. Being perfectionists themselves, they have a tendency to take other people's efforts for granted, like they take their own efforts for granted. They need to remember to pat people on the back once in a while.

ISTJs are likely to be uncomfortable expressing affection and emotion to others. However, their strong sense of duty and the ability to see what needs to be done in any situation usually allows them to overcome their natural reservations, and they are usually quite supporting and caring individuals with the people that they love. Once the ISTJ realizes the emotional needs of those who are close to them, they put forth effort to meet those needs. (Except when it's too late.   :'()

The ISTJ is extremely faithful and loyal. Traditional and family-minded, they will put forth great amounts of effort at making their homes and families running smoothly. They are responsible parents, taking their parenting roles seriously. They are usually good and generous providers to their families. They care deeply about those close to them, although they usually are not comfortable with expressing their love. The ISTJ is likely to express their affection through actions, rather than through words.

ISTJs have an excellent ability to take any task and define it, organize it, plan it, and implement it through to completion. They are very hard workers, who do not allow obstacles to get in the way of performing their duties. They do not usually give themselves enough credit for their achievements, seeing their accomplishments simply as the natural fulfillment of their obligations.

ISTJs usually have a great sense of space and function, and artistic appreciation. Their homes are likely to be tastefully furnished and immaculately maintained. They are acutely aware of their senses, and want to be in surroundings which fit their need for structure, order, and beauty.

Under stress, ISTJs may fall into "catastrophe mode", where they see nothing but all of the possibilities of what could go wrong. They will berate themselves for things which they should have done differently, or duties which they failed to perform. They will lose their ability to see things calmly and reasonably, and will depress themselves with their visions of doom.

In general, the ISTJ has a tremendous amount of potential. Capable, logical, reasonable, and effective individuals with a deeply driven desire to promote security and peaceful living, the ISTJ has what it takes to be highly effective at achieving their chosen goals - whatever they may be.

No more beans!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2007, 04:40:39 am »
Your Type is
ESFJ
Extroverted   Sensing   Feeling   Judging
33   25   62   1

moderately expressed extrovert
moderately expressed sensing personality
distinctively expressed feeling personality

I was surprised to get this, because I used to always get ENFP (I think).  Not sure what it all means, though.