Author Topic: Sleep Like A Baby  (Read 2327 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Sleep Like A Baby
« on: April 15, 2009, 05:45:54 am »
Follow these tips to help ensure that your time between the sheets leaves you feeling refreshed and renewed:

Make breakfast your heaviest meal of the day.

Digesting food takes energy, so if you eat a heavy meal late in the day, your body will have to work hard to digest it while you're trying to go to sleep. Many people sleep better if they have protein at breakfast and lunch, and a light dinner with some carbohydrates.

Cut back on the sleep robbers.

Cut out caffeine after 2 p.m., and refrain from drinking alcohol within three hours of bedtime. You may become drowsy after a couple of glasses of wine, but too much alcohol will make you wake up frequently during the night. In addition, although coffee is the most obvious source of caffeine, don't forget that there's also caffeine in colas, chocolate, tea, and some medications.

12 more:

http://health.msn.com/health-topics/articlepage.aspx?cp-documentid=100235880&GT1=31036
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Sleep Like A Baby
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2009, 11:58:21 pm »
Here's one I need - Don't bring your laptop to bed and catch up on BetterMost!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2009, 03:28:29 pm »
Good tips! You sure have had some good Anything Goes topics, lately, Shasta! I'm really enjoying them!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2009, 07:51:00 pm »
Good tips! You sure have had some good Anything Goes topics, lately, Shasta! I'm really enjoying them!

Thank you!  You probably have little trouble sleeping, tho---up in that Rocky Mt. high with the moon streaming in through the windows over your
bed! ;D 
But just in case.....  ;)
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2009, 10:13:33 am »
No, I don't have sleep trouble. Sometimes I do wake up in the nite all sweaty due to the "time of life" I'm in, but since my house is so cold enniway, I just throw off the blankets (particularly my Yellowstone blanket) and I'm fine. I do have a lot of friends who complain about not being able to sleep, so these tips are helpful. If people minded these things, the roads would be safer, too!
"chewing gum and duct tape"