Author Topic: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown  (Read 137084 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown
« Reply #280 on: May 05, 2009, 07:58:19 pm »
Heh, she might have at first, but then the nudie pictures came out and now she has a chance of losing her crown altogether. 

Those pics would've come out anyway.  Remember VAnessa Williams?  Those pics came out quickly, and the internet wasn't as widespread as it is now.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

injest

« Reply #281 on: May 05, 2009, 08:01:54 pm »
What 'nudie' pics are those? Such poses are not much different than any of the ads for many retailers and clothing lines. by referring to them as 'nudie', it implies an absense of understanding of the situation.

:laugh: :laugh:

I am sure they have never seen such a thing before....forgive them their puritanical recoiling Herr...

injest

« Reply #282 on: May 05, 2009, 08:03:51 pm »

Those pics would've come out anyway.  Remember VAnessa Williams?  Those pics came out quickly, and the internet wasn't as widespread as it is now.

and we all know how horrible HER life has turned out....and she didn't even have a internet group panting over her!!

we'll NEVER stop hearing about this woman...she is gonna be everywhere...come on...a pretty little blonde? Her career is MADE....cha ching!!

injest

« Reply #283 on: May 05, 2009, 08:05:27 pm »
obviously, scratching at anything to degrade her because she ruffled the feathers of the intolerant left will continue. but, deluvia, you might check out the artwork over the centuries that appear in major catherdrals and churches and the Vatican. Your sense of 'biblically correct' is only, it seems, useful to lash out at Prejean because you hate her. Maybe try something positive.

do YOU understand what "biblically correct" means? which Bible is she refering to? Mine doesnt' mention photography...(it not being invented at the time) it doesnt' even have any restrictions on painting that I am aware of (except that whole "no Gods before me" thing)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #284 on: May 05, 2009, 08:08:16 pm »
obviously, scratching at anything to degrade her because she ruffled the feathers of the intolerant left will continue.

So, that means, you didn't read that part?

but, deluvia, you might check out the artwork over the centuries that appear in major catherdrals and churches and the Vatican. Your sense of 'biblically correct' is only, it seems, useful to lash out at Prejean because you hate her. Maybe try something positive.

Heh, Miss CA is not Catholic and PLEASE tell me you weren't just comparing a bimbo's half-naked model shots with  real ART.

I was being positive.  She's a bigot who needs to be criticized as much as possible so people like her don't keep trying to keep gays 'in their place'.  She tried to hide behind her religion, but now it seems her hypocrisy is making her piety a laughing stock.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #285 on: May 05, 2009, 08:09:52 pm »
do YOU understand what "biblically correct" means? which Bible is she refering to? Mine doesnt' mention photography...(it not being invented at the time) it doesnt' even have any restrictions on painting that I am aware of (except that whole "no Gods before me" thing)

But it sure has a lot about women being modest and being seen and not heard... 8)

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #286 on: May 05, 2009, 08:12:36 pm »

That's right, forgot about that.  And she did lose her crown.  But Vanessa landed on her feet, she has talent after all.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #287 on: May 05, 2009, 08:18:13 pm »
so are you supporting 'biblically correct' or objecting to it?

???

Miss CA is who said she was being "biblically correct" instead of "PC correct" in her opinion on gay marriage.

I was just pointing out the obvious.  She's only concerned about being "biblically correct" when it comes to other people, not herself.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2009, 08:22:07 pm »
Since you engendered the Bible, you should defend or embrace your point. If you are evaluating her photos on Biblical premise, so is the art in the Vatican.

And please explain for us you "positive" view of this talented young woman? And more importantly, you charge her as a 'bigot'; do you actually know what a bigot is or are you just using buzz words to display emotion?

Read my above post re the bible and you're going to go back about 20 pages or so - I am using the word bigot correctly.

Offline LauraGigs

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • My Design Portfolio
« Reply #289 on: May 05, 2009, 08:23:29 pm »
Any vaguely open-minded person with the smallest amount of respect for individual opinion would coward with shame over the way in which the fascist lefties have skewered Prejean.

Oh please... skewered?  People are just pointing out hypocrisy when they see it.  As Jess and Clyde pointed out, she's getting great publicity from all this. Vanessa Williams?  The most "skewered" beauty contestant in history, and the most successful in her subsequent showbiz career.

It is interesting, though, that Prejean's "fall from grace" is because of... showing her body.   ::)  I mean please, beauty contests – however they want to gloss it – are all about sex appeal... fuckability.  Prejean knows it, and the Miss California organization knows it. Hence the boob job.  

Did beauty pageants originate in the USA?  They must, because there's that puritanical hypocrisy thrown in: You must be perfect-looking and perfectly "proportioned" (fuckable) — but also conduct yourself with "decorum and modesty".  

Meanwhile, every photographer you meet wants a shot of your bare ass.  

Navigating the maze of double-standards in the pageant world necessitates a certain mental "blocking out" function in order to maintain any sanity (especially if you're also navigating the ones that can exist in the evangelical community).  Her attitudes, therefore, are not surprising.  (For the record, I don't think she's evil... she expressed her lil' opinion as diplomatically as she could... and even threw in the requisite bit of patriotism "it's great that we live in a country where..."  Clever, that.)