Author Topic: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown  (Read 136600 times)

injest

Re: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown
« Reply #300 on: May 05, 2009, 11:20:45 pm »
???

Miss CA is who said she was being "biblically correct" instead of "PC correct" in her opinion on gay marriage.

I was just pointing out the obvious.  She's only concerned about being "biblically correct" when it comes to other people, not herself.

as apparently you do too...so you and she have a lot in common..

injest

« Reply #301 on: May 05, 2009, 11:22:55 pm »
I've been told 'God doesn't change'.  Take it up with the religious people Herr.

now you are reading God's mind? I thought you didn't believe in God?

injest

« Reply #302 on: May 05, 2009, 11:23:39 pm »
You left out the rest of the definition - from an earlier post:

Bigotry is focusing a hatred or dislike against a class of people for holding a belief different from one's own or for an innate quality they exhibit

That applies to disliking blacks for the color of their skin, Asians for having an epicanthic fold, and gays for having sexual desire for the same sex.  See also: intolerance

;D

where did she focus on her hatred for anything?

injest

« Reply #303 on: May 05, 2009, 11:31:16 pm »
Are you being tediously literal on purpose?  What do you THINK she meant by saying marriage should only be between a man and a woman?

And no one here has made this claim, so stop trying to make this something it's not.  It's not that she expressed her opinion.  She made it, no one is arguing that she shouldn't have been free to express her opinion.  It's what her opinion was that's at issue.

Hmmm, she said she she was 'glad people have a choice'.  And now she's spokesperson for a group that wants to take choice away from gay people.  So are you saying that she can be glad that something exists while trying to take that same thing away at the same time? 

Sorry Herr, guess I wasn't paying attention to your post.  ;D

For myself, because Obama is a politician.  And he didn't go to a fundamentalist Christian college.  So I'm willing to be 'unhappy with him' instead of outright outraged because chances are fairly good that his opinion on gay marriage was politically expedient.   Unlike Miss CA.

there it is...Herr she is not mad about Ms Prejeans opinion, she hates her because she is beautiful and a Christian.

And it is SOO telling that it is ok to state the opinion that marriage should be male/female if it is for politics...in other words if you can get some personal gain for it..if you are LYING..even if that person is in a position to cause great harm...

but it is NOT ok to state the same opinion if you believe it...even though you have no power to harm anyone.....hmmm..

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2009, 02:43:23 am »
Obama has made no secret of the fact that he will throw the weight of the bully pulpit behind the repeal of DADT and DOMA and to support civil rights legislation across the board.  And that is a vastly different opinion from that of the National Organization for Marriage who believe that if gays get to marry then they'll spread gay all over little kids and teach them how to be gay.

Apparently the National Organization for Marriage has suffered several scandals and/or embarrassing situations since their founding in 2007.

From Wiki:

On March 19, 2009, Fred Karger of Californians Against Hate filed a complaint[10] with the California Fair Political Practices Commission alleging that the National Organization for Marriage was established by the Mormon Church and served as a "pass-through committee" to direct two million dollars in church funds toward the passage of proposition 8. A church spokesman and NOM president Gallagher both denied the allegations[11].

And this...

The NOM staff did not realize that in gay parlance "2M4M" is used as personal ad code for two men seeking a third male sexual partner, creating an unintentional gaffe that was mentioned in the media. They also failed to secure the domain name and other net resources that matched their campaign. Activists for marriage equality purchased the domain "2M4M.org" [23] and branded it as "Two Men For Marriage," running material counter to NOM's 2M4M aims.[24][25] This has since spread to other internet networking sites such as Twitter [26] and LiveJournal [27] with various users co-opting the name.

And this...

NOM has refused to make its Internal Revenue Service (IRS) 990 forms public, as required by law. This has led to a formal complaint filing made to the IRS by the Californians Against Hate (CAH) organization. CAH representatives went to the Princeton, New Jersey, offices of NOM twice to get copies of their IRS 990 reports "to no avail," said CAH's president, Fred Karger. Karger continued, "Then our representative, Ben Katzenberg, sent two certified letters to the NOM office on March 18, 2009, requesting its two 990 forms. Federal law requires NOM to furnish copies of these IRS filings within 30 days after the request has been received. And 40 days later, still no 990s." NOM could be charged penalties of up to $10,000 if the organization remains resistant to complying with law by releasing its IRS 990 forms.

And we already know about the developing scandal regarding Miss California. :-\

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Organization_for_Marriage

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #305 on: May 06, 2009, 04:27:11 am »
there it is...Herr she is not mad about Ms Prejeans opinion, she hates her because she is beautiful and a Christian.

Again - Oh for goodness sake!

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51WIykNTUV0[/youtube]
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

injest

« Reply #306 on: May 06, 2009, 07:52:08 am »
then why keep bringing up her religion? and why give Obama a pass when he said the same thing?

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #307 on: May 06, 2009, 08:21:58 am »
yes. and you would be well served to be more precise and literal rather than infusing emotional bias and bigotry into your views.

Sorry, you didn't answer my question. Now who is it that is avoiding being precise?

Her opinion is a majority POV, including the POTUSA, your Obama.

Yes and the majority is always correct.  I mean, the majority don't believe women should have equal rights, the majority used to believe slavery was OK and the majority used to believe the world was flat.

It is bigotry on anyone's part to deny her access to any freedoms (including the opportunity to be miss usa) for her opinion.

A beauty pageant isn't a democracy, Herr.  It would help if you read the previous posts.   ;) The pageant judges can vote for whoever they and their sponsors like.  And I'm fairly sure the gay judges didn't like her answer.  That's their perogative.

She expressed her opinion as a belief for HER life, and you nor anyone else has a right to hurt her for that.

Again, she didn't say it just for herself - which is bad enough - she said ti for herself AND her country.  Which she has since gone on to prove.  Bigotry should be pointed out and no one withheld from criticism about it just because they might get their feelings hurt.  ::)   

You're mixing and matching here. A 'choice' is choice for opinion.

:laugh:  That's a good spin.  Choice = choice of opinion to have or not have an opinion.  Er, no.  Nice try though.

Fact is, same sex marriage is not allowed except in 4 states, one of which is not her state of CA. So she is taking nothing away; it does not exist.

Which was pointed out as her ignorance since that's something she believed and said.  ;D

She, like the majority of americans AND THE ADMINISGTRATION offer civil unions.

it helps if you do!   ;D

Well, if you read earlier posts, a great many states DON'T offer civil unions and indeed rushed to the polls to vote marriage in as man/woman only.  So the great many don't even believe that...

And the majority is always...oh wait, no they're not.  Mob rule and all that.

good answer but a major cop out. How much BS is that? It is the policticians who are making and passing the laws, particularly the ones at issue here. Iowa now allows gay marriage; no citizen was allowed to vote on this. The legislature did not even allow a vote to be called to provide for a public forum.

I don't like people to vote on whether minorities should have civil rights or not.  Why should there even be a vote?  People either have civil rights or they don't.

And you say let the politicians off the hook for their positions? You take a very dangerous view of civics and governament and public policy.

Sorry, but I don't "let them off the hook".  YOU said that, not me.  I'm not happy with Obama's decision, but he was the lesser of two evils IMO.  MUCH lesser and I have plenty of reason to believe he was sucking up to Miss CA's conservative religious crowd in his statements - I might be wrong on her political affiliation, but I doubt it.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #308 on: May 06, 2009, 08:25:08 am »
so people like her? do you even realize how you sound? How is bigotry so wrong for her but not for you?

Yes Jess people like her.  Bigots.  I don't like them much.  I'm not the one being bigoted.  Miss CA is obstinately devoted to her bigotry - irrationally so. 

Now if you can explain why she should  be bigoted against gays in that she doesn't believe they deserve to have the same choices as she, please do.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #309 on: May 06, 2009, 08:26:55 am »
aha!! so this has nothing to do with her comments about gay marriage. You are after her because she is a Christian...got it..

A bigoted fundamentalist Christian.  That's the big part you left out.  And I'm always against religious bigots.  They're the worst kind.