Author Topic: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown  (Read 135215 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown
« Reply #310 on: May 06, 2009, 08:28:46 am »
as apparently you do too...so you and she have a lot in common..

Sorry, Miss CA brought it up in her defense, not me.  I was just pointing out - as did the previous Miss CA now ordained Pastor - that Miss CA is cherry-picking in what she thinks is biblically correct. 

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #311 on: May 06, 2009, 08:30:08 am »
now you are reading God's mind? I thought you didn't believe in God?

:laugh:

I wasn't told this by god!!   :laugh:

I was told this by other people who worship him and yes, those people probably think they can read his mind.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #312 on: May 06, 2009, 08:32:19 am »
where did she focus on her hatred for anything?

What do you call wanting to keep a minority from having civil rights?  She focused that on the gay population, then went on to prove it by her position as spokeswoman for that marriage group.

injest

« Reply #313 on: May 06, 2009, 08:35:52 am »
What do you call wanting to keep a minority from having civil rights?  She focused that on the gay population, then went on to prove it by her position as spokeswoman for that marriage group.

:laugh: :laugh:

she did not 'focus on the gay population'...she was asked a question!!

I don't see you on the thread about Joe the Plumber....this is about a pretty woman that is a Christian...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #314 on: May 06, 2009, 08:36:55 am »
there it is...Herr she is not mad about Ms Prejeans opinion, she hates her because she is beautiful

Putting words in my mouth

and a Christian.

A bigoted fundamentalist Christian.

[And it is SOO telling that it is ok to state the opinion that marriage should be male/female if it is for politics...

More putting words in my mouth.  You said this not me.

in other words if you can get some personal gain for it..if you are LYING..even if that person is in a position to cause great harm...

Lying - sadly so.  Miss CA and probably Obama both, but I have more confidence in Obama being flexible than I do Miss CA.  He IS a politician after all, and she's not.

but it is NOT ok to state the same opinion if you believe it...even though you have no power to harm anyone.....hmmm..

Nope, again, YOUR words, not mine or anyone else's for that matter.  The right to stating an opinion has never been the issue here, no matter how many times you and others keep trying to make this the issue.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #315 on: May 06, 2009, 08:38:16 am »
:laugh: :laugh:

she did not 'focus on the gay population'...she was asked a question!!

And who was her answer about?  Oh, yeah, little green martians not deserving the same rights as she.  ::)

C'mon Jess you know better than that.

I don't see you on the thread about Joe the Plumber....this is about a pretty woman that is a Christian...

You missed my post then.

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #316 on: May 06, 2009, 08:44:18 am »
If it's OK for Ms. Prejean to believe what she beileves and take steps to prevent gays from getting married, isn't it OK for the judges to believe what they believe and take steps to prevent Ms. Prejean from becoming Miss USA?

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #317 on: May 06, 2009, 08:52:30 am »
If it's OK for Ms. Prejean to believe what she beileves and take steps to prevent gays from getting married, isn't it OK for the judges to believe what they believe and take steps to prevent Ms. Prejean from becoming Miss USA?

Or maybe in the future questions should be restricted to something like, "Are you in favor of world peace?"
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #318 on: May 06, 2009, 09:30:03 am »
What an ugly thread this turned out to be, I'm glad I stayed away.

injest

« Reply #319 on: May 06, 2009, 07:40:57 pm »

they DID...end of story. IF Mr Perez had not thrown a hissy fit. All the rest is in HIS lap...not hers.