Author Topic: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown  (Read 136978 times)

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown
« Reply #320 on: May 06, 2009, 07:54:45 pm »
they DID...end of story. IF Mr Perez had not thrown a hissy fit. All the rest is in HIS lap...not hers.

Not sure, but wasn't Perez asked his opinion as well?

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #321 on: May 06, 2009, 07:58:30 pm »
they DID...end of story. IF Mr Perez had not thrown a hissy fit. All the rest is in HIS lap...not hers.

As much as you try to make it, this in not Perez Hilton's responsibility.  They each made their own choices.

For all I know If the question had never been asked, and she had won, (which Donald Trump said she would not) we might be watching her as Miss USA in anti-gay-marriage commercials.

injest

« Reply #322 on: May 06, 2009, 08:04:58 pm »
As much as you try to make it, this in not Perez Hilton's responsibility.  They each made their own choices.

For all I know If the question had never been asked, and she had won, (which Donald Trump said she would not) we might be watching her as Miss USA in anti-gay-marriage commercials.

but we are making our choice to continue to give her publicity, arent' we? let me go see how many pages the plumber has....

I smell a whiff of sexism in the air...

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #323 on: May 06, 2009, 08:26:27 pm »
Not true. The pageant is essentially a job interview. Perez is in a power position over the contestants and as such is obligated to not create a hostile atmosphere and judge fairly, unbiasedly.

He has a responsibility to his sponsors as well.  A Miss USA pageant is nothing but a subjective contest.  He didn't create a hostile environment, all his comments came after it was over.  Yes, he's one of the judges, he holds the power to decide, not Miss CA.  No surprises there.

He may have the authority to ask any question he wanted in this venue because of its "show" qualities, but imagine being asked that question in a real job interview...and not getting the job because of the wrong answer--whether the interviewer was anti marriage or for it and the interviewee on the other side.

Imagine NOT getting asked this question at a job interview but getting asked another question and getting the answer wrong.  Same result.

Offline delalluvia

« Reply #324 on: May 06, 2009, 08:27:49 pm »
but we are making our choice to continue to give her publicity, arent' we?

You're here, too.  ;D
]

injest

« Reply #325 on: May 06, 2009, 08:29:03 pm »
He has a responsibility to his sponsors as well.  A Miss USA pageant is nothing but a subjective contest.  He didn't create a hostile environment, all his comments came after it was over.  Yes, he's one of the judges, he holds the power to decide, not Miss CA.  No surprises there.

Imagine NOT getting asked this question at a job interview but getting asked another question and getting the answer wrong.  Same result.

maybe you could make up a list of what people are allowed to say or not say and we can summarily execute anyone that goes off script.. ::) ::)

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #326 on: May 06, 2009, 08:50:33 pm »
Not true. The pageant is essentially a job interview. Perez is in a power position over the contestants and as such is obligated to not create a hostile atmosphere and judge fairly, unbiasedly. He may have the authority to ask any question he wanted in this venue because of its "show" qualities, but imagine being asked that question in a real job interview...and not getting the job because of the wrong answer--whether the interviewer was anti marriage or for it and the interviewee on the other side.

What has this got to do with Perez Hilton somehow controlling Ms Prejean's actions?  He picked what he would do and she picked her own responses to that.

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #327 on: May 06, 2009, 08:55:25 pm »
but we are making our choice to continue to give her publicity, arent' we? let me go see how many pages the plumber has....

I smell a whiff of sexism in the air...

I believe you tried to compare the 'popularity' of this topic as opposed to the Joe the Plumber gay offensive thread.

Ah yes ... this is your post in the plumber thread:

it doesn't Clyde...I think it is kinda sad there is 28 pages of vitriol toward her comments about her opinion of marriage and here is 8 pages of fairly mild commentary about a man that says 'queers' aren't allowed around his kids..

I know which one I think is truly damaging

First, I believe this thread has been around a little longer than the other.

And second, you yourself have posted 68 times on this thread (by my current count) out of 354 replies. Me thinks YOU are keeping this thread alive just as much as anyone else - maybe more.

28 pages of vitriol? You realise you are responsible for 6 to 7 of those votriolic pages, don't you.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #328 on: May 06, 2009, 08:58:51 pm »
I believe you tried to compare the 'popularity' of this topic as opposed to the Joe the Plumber gay offensive thread.

First, I believe this thread has been around a little longer than the other

And second, you yourself have posted 68 times on this thread (by my current count) out of 354 replies. Me thinks YOU are keeping this thread alive just as much as anyone else - maybe more.

probably.. I stopped posting for a day and it didn't die so here I am again..

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #329 on: May 06, 2009, 09:04:48 pm »
I guess it's because it's actually more newsworthy than what the plumber had to say - what with her making the talk circuit, becoming the poster girl against same-sex marriages, new revelations about her implants (can you say - barbie doll? I love the comment about plastic people having the right to wed but not fags  :laugh: ) and today, the apparent revelation of nude pics.

She's more newsworthy than Britney - for all her shallowness.
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer