Author Topic: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown  (Read 136629 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown
« Reply #390 on: May 12, 2009, 04:08:00 am »
Well I personally like his Hello Kitty showercap!  :P#

Now oilgun - get back to more inportant things - like the TAR thread please!!!!  : ;D
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #391 on: May 12, 2009, 01:51:58 pm »
Satan Donald Helps Carrie Keep Miss California Crown (And her cutlets)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/12/miss-california-keeps-the_n_202093.html

NEW YORK — Miss California USA can retain her crown even though she failed to reveal she had posed in her underwear as a teenager, pageant owner Donald Trump said Tuesday.

Carrie Prejean appeared by Trump's side as he made the announcement at New York's Trump Tower.

Trump also defended the answer that Prejean gave at last month's Miss USA pageant when she was asked her view of marriage by judge Perez Hilton, a celebrity blogger. She said she believes marriage is between a man and a woman.

"It's the same answer the president of the United States gave; it's the same answer many people gave," Trump said. "She gave an honorable answer; she gave an answer from her heart."

Trump said he and other pageant officials had reviewed racy photos of Prejean and decided they were acceptable.

"We are in the 21st century. We have determined the pictures taken are fine," he said, adding that "in some cases the pictures were lovely."

After Trump spoke, the 21-year-old Prejean, who was accompanied by her parents, took her turn at the lectern, defending herself against what she described as vicious attacks.

She talked about getting thousands of letters and e-mails from people supporting her and said, about the marriage question, that Hilton had asked her a "politically charged question with a hidden personal agenda."

"I stated my honest belief," she said.

Hilton, whose real name is Mario Lavandeira, is best known as a celebrity blogger but has also branched off into gay rights advocacy.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Clyde-B

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Clyde-B when he was Jack and Ennis's age
« Reply #392 on: May 12, 2009, 02:02:15 pm »
Well, that avoids the awkward question of "Do we ask for our chicken cutlets back, or not?"

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #393 on: May 12, 2009, 02:14:51 pm »
A man who will go out in public in a Hello Kitty showercap ain't nothin' but a clown. A screaming queen who goes out in public in a Hello Kitty shower cap is just a pathetic attention hog. Christian right or no Christian right. Unfortunately for Mario, the only way he can hold onto his position in the entertainment industry is by constantly debasing himself and being ever the provocateur.

I don't think Bettermost is the appropriate forum for using homophobic slurs.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #394 on: May 12, 2009, 02:16:43 pm »
Well, that avoids the awkward question of "Do we ask for our chicken cutlets back, or not?"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #395 on: May 12, 2009, 02:21:14 pm »
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

clearly the Donald has no problem with her work for National Organization for Marriage OR with her new cutlets.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #396 on: May 12, 2009, 02:33:38 pm »
Satan Donald Helps Carrie Keep Miss California Crown (And her cutlets)

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2009/05/12/miss-california-keeps-the_n_202093.html

NEW YORK — Miss California USA can retain her crown even though she failed to reveal she had posed in her underwear as a teenager, pageant owner Donald Trump said Tuesday.

Carrie Prejean appeared by Trump's side as he made the announcement at New York's Trump Tower.

Trump also defended the answer that Prejean gave at last month's Miss USA pageant when she was asked her view of marriage by judge Perez Hilton, a celebrity blogger. She said she believes marriage is between a man and a woman.

"It's the same answer the president of the United States gave; it's the same answer many people gave," Trump said. "She gave an honorable answer; she gave an answer from her heart."

Trump said he and other pageant officials had reviewed racy photos of Prejean and decided they were acceptable.

"We are in the 21st century. We have determined the pictures taken are fine," he said, adding that "in some cases the pictures were lovely."

After Trump spoke, the 21-year-old Prejean, who was accompanied by her parents, took her turn at the lectern, defending herself against what she described as vicious attacks.

She talked about getting thousands of letters and e-mails from people supporting her and said, about the marriage question, that Hilton had asked her a "politically charged question with a hidden personal agenda."

"I stated my honest belief," she said.

Hilton, whose real name is Mario Lavandeira, is best known as a celebrity blogger but has also branched off into gay rights advocacy.

How not surprising, lol!

Anyway, just because her answer was "from her heart" doesn't mean it wasn't deserving of derision.  

The Beauty Pageant is the Monster Truck Rally's bimbo girlfriend, anyway, just there to promote and reward gender stereotypes.  

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #397 on: May 12, 2009, 02:38:04 pm »
clearly the Donald has no problem with her work for National Organization for Marriage OR with her new cutlets.

Nope, as long as he's getting publicity, it's all A-OK with him. And I imagine he's rather fond of her cutlets.   ::)
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #398 on: May 12, 2009, 02:46:23 pm »
I forget already when it was that I recently saw The Donald on the Today show, but this is the response I was expecting form him. But where does this leave the pageant people who just appointed the first runner-up as their "ambassador" because Miss Chicken-Cutlets has been so busy advocating for the homophobic Christian Right that she hasn't been fulfilling her responsibilities as the title-holder?  :-\
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #399 on: May 12, 2009, 02:59:46 pm »
I forget already when it was that I recently saw The Donald on the Today show, but this is the response I was expecting form him. But where does this leave the pageant people who just appointed the first runner-up as their "ambassador" because Miss Chicken-Cutlets has been so busy advocating for the homophobic Christian Right that she hasn't been fulfilling her responsibilities as the title-holder?  :-\

that was temporary until The Donald could make a determination.