Author Topic: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown  (Read 135204 times)

Offline milomorris

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • No crybabies
Re: Gay Marriage Sinks Miss California's shot at Crown
« Reply #410 on: May 14, 2009, 03:26:20 am »
The guy is an embarrassment the way Marion Barry is an embarrassment.

Tell me about it!! No way in hell do I want the likes of Marion Barry representing blacks.

And yes, we do use the word "niggah" at each other in all kinds of ways, including pejoratively.

I often hear gay men do the same thing with "faggott." I worked in an office with a couple of swishy guys, and they used it all the time. Used call each other (and me BTW) "stupid faggott," "drunk faggott," etc. One day, during a heated argument, A said to B, "why don't you shut up and get your faggott ass out of my face!!" A hush fell over the office because we all knew they were really angry at each other. Luckily the phone wrang and it was a customer.
  The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #411 on: May 14, 2009, 10:54:11 am »
The bitch must miss being in the limelight, LOL!

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid84048.asp

Sarah Palin Defends Miss Calif.
Click the byline to view more stories by this author.By Julie Bolcer
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin issued a statement in defense of Miss California on Wednesday, saying that she could relate to the “liberal onslaught of malicious attacks against Carrie Prejean” and framing the controversy as a matter of free speech.

“Carrie and I spoke soon after the attacks started; I can relate as a liberal target myself,” said Palin, also a beauty queen before she entered the spotlight as the Republican vice presidential nominee last year.

“What I find so remarkable is that these politically-motivated attacks fail to show that what Carrie and I believe is also what President Obama and Secretary Clinton believe - marriage is between a man and a woman,” said Palin.

“I applaud Donald Trump for standing with Carrie during this time. And I respect Carrie for standing strong and staying true to herself, and for not letting those who disagree with her deny her protection under the nation's First Amendment Rights,” she said.

Palin’s attempt to align herself with Prejean, who sparked a national debate for her views against marriage equality and appearance in seminude photographs, marks her latest effort to remain in the public eye outside Alaska. On Wednesday, HarperCollins announced that it will publish the governor’s memoir next spring.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #412 on: May 14, 2009, 05:12:43 pm »
Miss California, Hero of the Right

http://www.usnews.com/blogs/washington-whispers/2009/05/14/miss-california-on-cable-news-fox--friends-gives-carrie-prejean-her-chance.html

Miss California on Cable News: Fox & Friends Gives Carrie Prejean Her Chance
May 14, 2009 03:24 PM ET | Paul Bedard | Permanent Link | Print
By Paul Bedard, Washington Whispers

Miss California and Miss USA runner-up, Carrie Prejean, tossed around in the battle over gay marriage, will be a one-day guest host for Fox News Channel's popular morning show Fox & Friends, Whispers learns. She will host the 6 a.m.-to-7 a.m. slot on May 27, filling in for Gretchen Carlson—the 1989 Miss America—who will be off that day.

The decision to make her a one-day cohost was finalized yesterday—the same day Prejean and Miss USA owner Donald Trump appeared on Fox & Friends.

Suzanne Scott, Fox vice president for programming, filled me in on the details of the gig for Prejean, who was thrust into the headlines when she rejected gay marriage during the Q&A part of the pageant. "We're just using her one time," she said, "to sit with the boys and have some fun." The boys are cohosts Steve Doocy and Brian Kilmeade. "She has become a national celebrity in the last few weeks, and it's a fun thing to do," said Scott. "It's a good way to try get a little buzz and fun for the show. We'll see what happens with it," she added.

Fox & Friends has used news celebs before, and some have gone on to bigger and better things. Scott recalled using Tiki Barber on Fox & Friends while he was a member of the New York Giants. "He went off to become a TV star," she said. However, said Scott, there have been no talks with Prejean about a future with Fox.

Scott didn't know yet what the focus of the May 27 show will be, and Prejean might have to come in the day before to prepare.

“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #413 on: May 14, 2009, 06:44:48 pm »
So, you're saying you never had an unclear conscious?  Not even a little bit blurry?

Are you suggesting Moakler could stay with the pageant if she were drunk?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #414 on: May 14, 2009, 06:46:55 pm »
For the record, I think Perez Hilton is a screaming queen, but I would only call him a faggot in the private company of other fellow faggots, not in a public forum with a mixed membership like Bettermost.

Just in case anyone was wonderin'. ... ;)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #415 on: May 14, 2009, 07:01:22 pm »
I think Ms Prejean should send him some flowers or something. He has made her a star.

:P

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #416 on: May 14, 2009, 09:35:21 pm »
Milo actually did NOT call PH a "faggot", he called him a screaming queen and an attention whore. But I personally would have no probelm with calling Perez Hilton a faggot, the way that black folks refer to other black folks as n*****s. Note, I dont use the word myself, being white, it aint mine to use.

As a gay man, I am disgusted that someone like perez Hilton is out there representing me. And yeah, when took it on himself to give sermons to beauty pageant contestants on the rightthinking way to be, he cast himself as a warrior for the great cause of gay rights. Unfortunately, Perez Hilton is someone who makes a living writing nasty gossip (mostly against women, I notice) and thinks that Hello Kittie shower caps are appropriate head covering for a grown man to sport in public. So while he imagines himself as Rosa parks refusing to give up her seat on the bus, he actually just looks like a jackass.

Theres nothing wrong with being a jackass, its a free country and God Bless America, so long as hes just doing it as a private citizen. But now that hes out representing, I got a serious problem with being represented by a guy that seems to have being going down a list of negative stereotypes of gay men and checking off the boxes. Black folks have a problem with being represented by pimp-looking guys loudlky acting a stereotype in public, and I got a problem with Perez hilton doing the equivalent. Black folks employ the ultimate insult at their own to express their disapproval, as in "dont act like a n*****."

Well, Perez Hilton is acting like a faggot, a loud, shallow, silly trivia, woman-hating female impersonater, and if there was such a thing as the "cone of silence" (and darkness) like in "Get Smart" I would hunt the guy down and put it over him to remove him from view. The guy is an embarrassment the way Marion Barry is an embarrassment.

And note, I did not say, "kill him" or "kick his ass".

Well that's the thing, Perez Hilton is NOT representing you, he's gay gay gay!  Not an androphile not an msm, but gay! You guys want "nothing to do with anything GAY" so lay off him.  Oh and the word Faggot belongs to GAYS so I don't want an effin androphile using it!  :laugh:
« Last Edit: May 15, 2009, 09:37:34 am by oilgun »

JudgeHolden

« Reply #417 on: May 15, 2009, 03:49:01 am »
Well that's the thing, Perez Hilton is NOT representing you, he's gay gay gay!  Not an androphile not an msm, but gay! You guys want "nothing to do with anything GAY" so lay off him.  Oh and the word Faggot belongs to GAYS so I don't want an effin androphile use it!  :laugh:

Oh well.

Theres advantages to being a big knuckledragging Neanderthal ;)

Offline Nevermore

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #418 on: May 15, 2009, 07:17:10 am »
Well, isn't this nice:

The bitch must miss being in the limelight, LOL!

http://www.advocate.com/news_detail_ektid84048.asp

Sarah Palin Defends Miss Calif.
Click the byline to view more stories by this author.By Julie Bolcer
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin issued a statement in defense of Miss California on Wednesday, saying that she could relate to the “liberal onslaught of malicious attacks against Carrie Prejean” and framing the controversy as a matter of free speech.

“Carrie and I spoke soon after the attacks started; I can relate as a liberal target myself,” said Palin, also a beauty queen before she entered the spotlight as the Republican vice presidential nominee last year.

“What I find so remarkable is that these politically-motivated attacks fail to show that what Carrie and I believe is also what President Obama and Secretary Clinton believe - marriage is between a man and a woman,” said Palin.

“I applaud Donald Trump for standing with Carrie during this time. And I respect Carrie for standing strong and staying true to herself, and for not letting those who disagree with her deny her protection under the nation's First Amendment Rights,” she said.

Palin’s attempt to align herself with Prejean, who sparked a national debate for her views against marriage equality and appearance in seminude photographs, marks her latest effort to remain in the public eye outside Alaska. On Wednesday, HarperCollins announced that it will publish the governor’s memoir next spring.

Seems we've got a bit of a theme going:

From the London Daily Mail
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1172123/God-testing-faith-says-Miss-California-Perez-Hilton-calls-dumb-bitch-gay-marriage-row.html

...Prejean picked celebrity blogger Perez Hilton, who is openly gay and calls himself 'queen of all media'.

Hilton asked her: 'Vermont recently became the fourth state to legalise same-sex marriage. Do you think every state should follow suit. Why or why not?'

Prejean paused for a moment before replying: 'Well, I think it’s great that Americans are able to choose one or the other. We live in a land where you can choose same-sex marriage or opposite marriage.'

She continued: 'And you know what, in my country, in my family, I think that I believe that a marriage should be between a man and a woman.

'No offence to anybody out there, but that’s how I was raised and that’s how I think it  should be - between a man and a woman. Thank you very much.'

Unimpressed to say the least, Hilton promptely described Prejean as a 'dumb bitch' on his blog.

He went on to describe her as having 'half a brain' and said he would have stormed onto the stage and ripped off her tiara if she had won.

You know, for many years, though I was active in gay politics and I wasn't a separatist per se, I could never manage to throw more than most tepid support behind gay issues that weren't specifically lesbian issues, even at the height of the AIDS crisis. The reason was the undercurrent of misogyny, sometimes subtle, sometimes right in your face, that I encountered in the gay community.
It was more pronounced among older men, and though the younger generation seems to be more integrated than mine was, every now and then it raises its highlighted little head enough to remind me that it's alive and well.
Carrie Prejean and Sarah Palin affirm their belief in traditional values, and are not only criticized for it, which is legit, but are slurred with a particularly personal and gender-specific insult for which no male equivalent exists. And even if there were one, I somehow don't think it would be deployed against President Obama for expressing virtually identical beliefs:

From  the Chicago Daily Tribune: "I'm a Christian. And so, although I try not to have my religious beliefs dominate or determine my political views on this issue, I do believe that tradition, and my religious beliefs say that marriage is something sanctified between a man and a woman."

.... Perez Hilton is someone who makes a living writing nasty gossip (mostly against women, I notice)...
Well, Perez Hilton is acting like a faggot, a loud, shallow, silly trivia, woman-hating female impersonater,

What a coincidence, AJ, I've noticed the same thing--why a man whose blog is largely a catalogue of the physical defects of women would want to judge a beauty pageant is beyond me. Revenge, perhaps, on the ghosts of cheerleaders past--I'm sure high school was one long, continuous swirly for this guy. (I suppose here I have to admit I've logged onto his site more than once, but I also pick at hangnails and rubberneck at traffic accidents, too.) I won't comment on your observation about "woman-hating female impersonators," though it seems to me this is ultimately the heart of things--say no more, this real woman could  blow the wannabe out of the water in the cattiness department if she allowed herself to be led into temptation!

Well that's the thing, Perez Hilton is NOT representing you, he's gay gay gay!  Not an androphile not an msm, but gay! You guys want "nothing to do with anything GAY" so lay off him.  Oh and the word Faggot belongs to GAYS so I don't want an effin androphile use it!  :laugh:

While we're about it, let's be very clear that GAY means GAY MALE--include me out, please! None of y'all are any girlfriends of mine.
Except you, of course, AJ ;).

injest

« Reply #419 on: May 15, 2009, 08:23:38 am »
While we're about it, let's be very clear that GAY means GAY MALE--include me out, please! None of y'all are any girlfriends of mine.
Except you, of course, AJ ;).

>:( >:( >:(

what about me? I know we haven't talked as much as you and AJ or Brad or anything.... :'( :'(

but yeah. I have noticed that cattiness too, the intensity of the anger just seems so far out of proportion for the 'transgression'