Author Topic: The First 100 Days - Grade the President  (Read 2944 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
The First 100 Days - Grade the President
« on: April 26, 2009, 10:17:57 pm »
I would give the President a B+. I think he has done a very good job so far but I'd like to see him do more in addressing this torture issue and Guantanamo Bay.

Overall though, I think he is doing a very good job. :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

Re: The First 100 Days - Grade the President
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2009, 10:33:10 pm »
I give him a provisional C.

I would really like to see him get off campaign mode and trying to run big business, and work on some of the social issues. He has a small window of opportunity here to pass some much needed legislation regarding the elderly, social security, women's rights, etc.

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2009, 10:46:06 pm »
I also voted B+.  Like Jess, I would like to see President Obama address some of the social issues she mentioned very soon.

But I realize he's got a lot on his plate, particularly the economy, Iraq, and Afghanistan.  I fully expect that as we see a decrease of troops in Iraq, there will be a major buildup in Afghanistan, and perhaps a more major presence in Pakistan.  Pakistan is so completely unstable at the moment that we will definitely be an unwelcome, even hostile, presence, but what else is new?

That is going to get ugly, but letting Al Queda regain their foothold in Afghanistan and permitting Muslim extremists control Pakistan, along with their nuclear capability, is not an option, IMO.  I really wish Benazir Bhutto had not been assassinated.

And sadly, the legal morass that is Gitmo isn't going to be sorted out in a day.  But at least it will be closed, and the attorneys are working on the details to make it happen.
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline min

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 07:41:33 am »
I also voted B+.  Like Jess, I would like to see President Obama address some of the social issues she mentioned very soon.

But I realize he's got a lot on his plate, particularly the economy, Iraq, and Afghanistan.  I fully expect that as we see a decrease of troops in Iraq, there will be a major buildup in Afghanistan, and perhaps a more major presence in Pakistan.  Pakistan is so completely unstable at the moment that we will definitely be an unwelcome, even hostile, presence, but what else is new?

That is going to get ugly, but letting Al Queda regain their foothold in Afghanistan and permitting Muslim extremists control Pakistan, along with their nuclear capability, is not an option, IMO.  I really wish Benazir Bhutto had not been assassinated.

And sadly, the legal morass that is Gitmo isn't going to be sorted out in a day.  But at least it will be closed, and the attorneys are working on the details to make it happen.

I'm in agreement here.  I haven't been following the news closely but what I have read and heard about, I think President Obama is doing a damn fine job so far and it is only early days in his presidency.