Author Topic: What Would You Do IF: (short one!)  (Read 7031 times)

injest

What Would You Do IF: (short one!)
« on: May 02, 2009, 07:20:44 pm »
You won the lottery:

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend:

You saw someone hitchiking on highway:

You caught a friend stealing from you:

You witnessed a murder:

A random stranger offered you ice cream:

You learned your best friend has a crush on you:

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$:

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: What Would You Do IF: (short one!)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 07:32:24 pm »

You won the lottery:

If it was a big lottery, first thing would be quit my job.  Then, put some away for the future.  Then give my parents a portion to make any repairs on the house that they want.  Some to my brothers.  Then get myself a place of my own, and host a big brokie party.  Then do traveling.

Pack all his shit up and throw him out.  Then call the best friend, cuss them out, and let them know they are no longer in my life in any way.

Just drive on by.  No reason to pick up some lunitic.

Let them know they were caught, and see what they had to say, and then tell them the friendship is over.  How can you be friends with someone you can't trust?  The same reason I'd end the friendship if the cheating happened.

You witnessed a murder:

Contact the police and tell them what I saw.

Politefully decline.

Sit and talk with them.  It would be something to explore.  I've always believed that the best of friends can become the best of lovers, so why pass up that opportunity?  If there was no attaction on my part, I'd do my best to let them down slowly.

Turn it over to the police.  It's possible it could be someone's retirement or vacation money.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 07:33:04 pm »
these are fun!

You won the lottery: Quit work and book a flight to Alaska

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend: Oh..not good...cry my eyes out then kick their asses

You saw someone hitchiking on highway: Drive on (sorry, but I´ve seen "The Hitchhiker")

You caught a friend stealing from you: Depends on who it is. My best friend I´d forgive anything.

You witnessed a murder: Check around for hidden cameras

A random stranger offered you ice cream: Say "no thank you"

You learned your best friend has a crush on you:  Probably go for it.

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$: Turn it over to the police

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2009, 07:45:49 pm »
You won the lottery: Pay off all my bills, share some money with my friends and then take a long relaxing cruise around the world.

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend: That's happened to me before. I dumped his ass and I wasn't friends with my "friend" for the next three years. >:(

You saw someone hitchiking on highway: There was a day when I would pick hitchhikers up, but not anymore. Did you ever see the episode from Six Feet Under entitled "That's My Dog"? Frightening! It's not safe to pick people up anymore. If they really look like they need help I would offer to make a call for them but I wouldn't let them in my car.

You caught a friend stealing from you: If it was the first time I'd forgive them. If they did it again we probably wouldn't be friends anymore.

You witnessed a murder: Call the police.

A random stranger offered you ice cream: Refuse it. I'd thank them but I'd refuse it.

You learned your best friend has a crush on you: That's happened before too. I don't think it is a good idea to get romantically involved with a best friend. Chances are the relationship will not work out and then the friendship might be ruined.

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$: I'd probably take it to the police. I don't think I'd feel comfortable keeping money I knew wasn't mine. I'd keep thinking about the person who lost it. They may desperately need it.

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2009, 07:55:26 pm »
You won the lottery: first you have to pay the damned taxes, then you have to go into hiding from all the long lost friends and relatives

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend: kick his ass, and glue it back together

You saw someone hitchiking on highway: if wasn't Howard Hughes, I ain't stoppin"

You caught a friend stealing from you: depends on what they stole

You witnessed a murder: have to tell the authorities

A random stranger offered you ice cream: politely run away

You learned your best friend has a crush on you: laugh, and wonder why he has waited all these years to tell me

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$: wouldn't be my money so I wouldn't spend it on me, but then I don't know whose it is, so buy something nice for someone who is needier than me. NO, I wouldn't advertise for owner, that would bring stalkers and con men out of the woodwork.

injest

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2009, 07:58:05 pm »
You won the lottery: pay bills, buy Don a new tractor and try to get his herd back to where it was back before the drought a couple of years ago.

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend: go to jail for shooting them both..

You saw someone hitchiking on highway: pick them up sometimes. depends. I have picked up three women while I was alone. If Don is with me and we are in the truck we will stop and let guys get in the bed.

You caught a friend stealing from you: not invite him back

You witnessed a murder: notify the police and give as much information as possible.

A random stranger offered you ice cream: depends on circumstances...

You learned your best friend has a crush on you: I would pop her and tell her to "Snap out of it!" like Cher did in that movie.. :laugh: :laugh:

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$: this has actually happened to me a couple of times. I always turn it in.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2009, 08:09:46 pm »

You won the lottery: Repay all the money we have borrowed,  Get a green card for my family and our best friends who are also out here. Fly to England to see my dad.Japan to see my brother and send Matt to tennis camp, Emma to gym camp and get James a fender or gibson giuitar.

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend:  Disown both of them,before crucifying myself by trying to imagine every detail and immediately wondering what was so bad about me.

You saw someone hitchiking on highway: Drive on by I am sorry to say, too risky.

You caught a friend stealing from you: Be pretty shocked and then confront them as to whether they needed a loan.

You witnessed a murder: Dial 911 immediately while trying to feverishly comit every detail to memory.

A random stranger offered you ice cream: Pass

You learned your best friend has a crush on you: Be surprised and very embarrassed.

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$: Hand it in, did that when I was in the Lake district once. Also handed back $8000 the bank had given us in errror.Despite the fact that they were ringing round all customers to see if anyone had it.They openly admitted they had no clue where it was. Not that it got us anywhere.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2009, 08:11:54 pm by David In Indy »

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 07:48:50 pm »
You won the lottery:

If it's a big win that I could retire?  QUIT MY JOB!!!!!  Get a financial attorney/accountant to figure out how to split the winnings 50/50 with my sister without serious tax penalties.  Hire some serious help to help take care of my mother.  Move far far away.  Buy/build my dream house for me and the cats, fill it with books and art and donate to my favorite charities.  Travel from time to time. *sigh*

Dump both.

Drive on by.  Knew a guy who was murdered by a hitchhiker.

Depends.  If I caught them red-handed, I would demand the articles back and ask for the rationale behind the theft.  If I just suspected, I would just not invite that person over again.

You witnessed a murder:

Call 911

Decline.  Lactose intolerant.

Been there, done that.  My goodness, many times.  I just ignore it.  They usually get over it/move on.

Where?  Out on the street or in a store?  If in a store, I'd report it.  If out on the street...probably turn it in.  No telling whose wallet it is.  Could be a murder clue or a mafioso's or something.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2009, 05:00:07 am »
You won the lottery: split it up among my family

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend: join in yell and scream and tell them both to piss off

You saw someone hitchiking on highway: drive on

You caught a friend stealing from you:show them my disappointment, ask them how much they need, but never trust them again

You witnessed a murder:I would be an emotional catastrophe

A random stranger offered you ice cream:no thanks

You learned your best friend has a crush on you: i wish

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$:finders keepers
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 06:56:52 am »
You won the lottery: split it up among my family

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend: join in yell and scream and tell them both to piss off

SUE!!!

:-X :-X :-X :o :-X

You saw someone hitchiking on highway: drive on

You caught a friend stealing from you:show them my disappointment, ask them how much they need, but never trust them again

You witnessed a murder:I would be an emotional catastrophe

A random stranger offered you ice cream:no thanks

You learned your best friend has a crush on you: i wish

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$:finders keepers

what about "finders, sharers with their friendsers"??

Offline min

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2009, 05:26:57 am »
You won the lottery:  If a significant amount, share with family and friends, put the rest in the bank and ponder on it for a while.

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend:  Be totally upset, never see either again.

You saw someone hitchiking on highway:  Nothing.  Don't own a car so would only see them from the bus or bike I was riding.

You caught a friend stealing from you:  Say nothing but never invite them over again.  It would probably ruin the friendship too.

You witnessed a murder:  Make sure I was safe, then call the police.

A random stranger offered you ice cream:  Thank them but decline.

You learned your best friend has a crush on you:  Be embarrassed, but do nothing.  I'd feel awkward for a while too.

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$:  Hand it over to the police.  It's not mine.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2009, 11:30:19 am »

You won the lottery: Give cash gifts to my loved ones and buy the house of his choice for one particular friend. I would purchase several hundred acres of secluded New South Wales coastland, where I would build my dream home high on the cliffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. I would also purchase the entire top floor of the highest skyscraper in the centre of Sydney, with stunning harbour views.

You caught your BF/GF is cheating you with your best friend: This is too close for comfort. I would completely disown the "friend."  I would refuse to have any contact with him whatsoever. From that moment on, he would no longer exist. As for my boyfriend, however, well, that's an entirely different matter. I am presuming I love him, so I would probably make a complete fool of myself, burst into tears and ask him "Why?" "Why?" "Why?" If I loved him, I'd most probably forgive him and take him back, leaving myself open to further heartbreak when he strays again. If I didn't love him and it was just a sexual thing, I would tell him to bugger off outa my life!

You saw someone hitchiking on highway: I wouldn't pick him/her up. There have been too many gristly murders here in Oz. (Google "Ivan Milat")

You caught a friend stealing from you: It would depend on the friend. I'd probably be more hurt than angry. I'd ask him why he didn't come to me so we could talk it over together, to see if I could loan him the money. I'd probably have trouble trusting him in future. There's more than one way to steal from someone, though. For example, a friend once asked me to loan him several thousand dollars. Once he had the money, he seemed to forget all about the loan. I asked him to repay the loan several times, but he never did. Needless to say we're no longer friends.

You witnessed a murder: Report it to the police.

A random stranger offered you ice cream: Politely decline, explaining I am lactose intolerant - which is the truth.

You learned your best friend has a crush on you: I am guessing I "learned" this through gossip via a mutual friend? In which case, there has been no confirmation with the lovestruck friend himself, so I would just ignore it and carry on as usual.   

You found a wallet without an ID and fully loaded with $$$$: Without hesitation, I would hand it in to the police. It could be the life savings of an elderly pensioner, who needs the money for a lifesaving operation (that's what I would be imagining - wouldn't be able to live with myself if I kept it). Having said that, however, I would be sure to get an itemized receipt from the police. In Australia, the finder of such lost property gets the money if it is not claimed after a certain period of time.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν