Author Topic: My montage and clips  (Read 10284 times)

EnnisDelMar

Re: My montage and clips
« Reply #30 on: April 27, 2006, 03:28:29 pm »
Thanks again rt ;)

Really Chris? That's awesome!...I mean not awesome, but well yeah I mean I guess it's a compliment ya know?

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #31 on: April 27, 2006, 03:31:32 pm »
Really Chris? That's awesome!...I mean not awesome, but well yeah I mean I guess it's a compliment ya know?

Yes its a compliment......and for some reason I decided to relive the whole Crash upset thing on youtube last night (don't ask why).........she cried again!  But then again lately she cries when dinner is cold......poor girl! 

rtprod

« Reply #32 on: April 27, 2006, 03:39:32 pm »
When you think about the sheer number of montages, clips and versions that many like brandon and michael have done, it's a little bit awe-inspiring to think about what is underneath. 

It's obviously an homage to the film, in one sense.  Then on another hand, editing, assembling, watching and arranging are ways to spend time with and get even closer to the characters and story than those of us who just watch and feel might  And then even more to the point, it's a way to shape the story, to be an active participant in the saga of Jack and Ennis (much like we do posting here), to enshrine them with a personal touch that's all yours.  The heart and work people have put in is a tribute to the film but to the rest of us too, who choose to spend time watching montages about characters we care deeply for, made by people we feel things for as well.  So it's all upside. 

We could even find a way to arrange the material to give them the happy ending they deserve.

You bet.

:)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2006, 03:44:41 pm by rtprod »

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #33 on: April 27, 2006, 03:41:48 pm »
When you think about the sheer number of montages, clips and versions that many like brandon and michael have done, it's a little bit awe-inspiring to think about what is underneath. 

You should see all the BBM montages on youtube.....like you said its amazing how much one film can inspire people....

Offline scottf.

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #34 on: April 27, 2006, 04:06:06 pm »
Brandon,

You don't remember, I'm sure, but you're one of the first posters to answer some music questions I had about BBM on the old, original IMBD board. So, I've always been keenly interested in your posts and montages.

You're a whiz kid!

And cute, too.

Scott

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #35 on: April 27, 2006, 06:36:42 pm »
Thank you Scott..to be honest I really don't remember answering your music questions over at IMDb, but I'm glad I helped you :)

Offline DeeDee

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #36 on: April 27, 2006, 09:23:43 pm »
Have some friends in from out of town, Brandon.  Just played your montage for them.
They are freaking out....Absolutely love it...Good Job..again!
In America sex is an obsession.  In other parts of the world it is a fact.

Marlene Dietrich

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2006, 10:02:24 pm »
Wow...great news tell them I said thanks ;D

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #38 on: April 28, 2006, 05:12:10 pm »
Brandon -
I know that I have 2 montages saved on my home comp. that I got from you over at the PT board.
They were very hi-res. and quite awesome.  I am assuming that these are the same 2 here ?!
Those montages kept me going when I awaited my DVD's arrival from amazon.

Cheers for sharing 'em with us!  :)