Author Topic: OT - Maggie Gyllenhaal  (Read 9081 times)

vkm91941

Re: OT - Maggie Gyllenhaal
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2006, 12:42:14 am »

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2006, 02:17:36 pm »
AWEsome pics everyone.  How did I miss this thread?

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2006, 04:31:47 pm »
I really adore all of these pictures. So sweet.

Anyway, I think Maggie G. is a really good actress. She had a really small role in Donnie Darko but there was something distinct about her in that movie. Then I saw her in World Trade Center and I think she was the only really, really good thing about that movie (overall, it was okay). I watched Secretary a few weeks ago and while the film won't have a lasting impression on me, I guarantee, I thought the way she portrayed Lee was adorable and empathetic. Girl's got talent, looks, and personality. (Don't you just hate people like that?  ;))
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2006, 07:18:34 pm »
Anyway, I think Maggie G. is a really good actress. She had a really small role in Donnie Darko but there was something distinct about her in that movie. Then I saw her in World Trade Center and I think she was the only really, really good thing about that movie (overall, it was okay).

I agree.  Several other people I know who've seen WTC said the same or a very similar thing.

And her brother's the real deal, all right.  :)

« Last Edit: September 03, 2006, 07:20:05 pm by ednbarby »
No more beans!

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Happy Birthday Maggie!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2006, 05:04:30 am »
Today is Maggie's Birthday!  Wonder what Jake's gonna do for his big sister for her Birthday?

Isn't she pretty :D
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Happy Birthday Maggie!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 05:20:05 am »
Today is Maggie's Birthday!  Wonder what Jake's gonna do for his big sister for her Birthday?

Isn't she pretty :D

She's beautiful!!!

Happy Birthday Maggie!!!  :D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 03:35:20 pm »
I say in honor of her birthday, we all go see "Stranger Than Fiction" today after work.  I'm gonna.  Actually, mainly because I liked it so much that I wanna see it again, and a friend wants to go who hasn't yet.  I had no idea it was her birthday, too.  Well, that settles it - it has been pre-determined I must see this film again today.  I have no choice.  ;)
No more beans!

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 04:39:27 pm »
I say in honor of her birthday, we all go see "Stranger Than Fiction" today after work.  I'm gonna.  Actually, mainly because I liked it so much that I wanna see it again, and a friend wants to go who hasn't yet.  I had no idea it was her birthday, too.  Well, that settles it - it has been pre-determined I must see this film again today.  I have no choice.  ;)

This is a fine idea, Barb! Think I'll join you :)
"Laß sein. Laß sein."

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 08:57:59 pm »

Whoa!! I have a date to meet my husbie in an hour to go see it together.  You know what they say, "Great behinds stink alike..." :)  (Sorry, I know it's so gross.  And yet so funny.)  :)

Not sure if anyone else will be available, but I'll come see if anyone's in chat to talk about it when i get home.  That'll be around 9:30pm Pacific Time.

Offline dot-matrix

• www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: OT - Maggie Gyllenhaal Triumphs at Stockholm Film Festival
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 03:09:59 am »
from IMDb

Gyllenhaal Triumphs at Stockholm Film Festival
Hollywood actress Maggie Gyllenhaal won the Best Actress prize for her performance in Sherrybaby at the 17th Stockholm Film Festival on Saturday night. Sherrybaby, directed by Laurie Collyer, also picked up the Bronze Horse award for best movie at the Swedish event.

Ryan Gosling was named Best Actor for his role in Half Nelson, while the Audience Award was presented to US movie Little Miss Sunshine. Swedish filmmaker Lasse Hallstrom, best known for movies like The Cider House Rules, Chocolat and What's Eating Gilbert Grape, was honored with a Lifetime Achievement Award.
Life is not a dress rehearsal