Author Topic: Adam loses to Kris on Idol...reminiscent of anything?  (Read 15911 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Adam loses to Kris on Idol...reminiscent of anything?
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2009, 06:44:11 pm »
I caught wind of this the night of the final results on blogs...I would imagine that Adam might do a song with them to see what happens, maybe a single, like a re-release of an old Queen song or something, but I think it's premature to speculate on something long term like that right away for Adam given the wide-open possibilities and the short-term obligations he has with 19E. He probably wants his own band, or a solo career, and might also really want to do something on Broadway, which could last a long time. Personally I just hope he and Allison Iraheta do a duet on his/her first album. That will rock.

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #41 on: May 27, 2009, 11:35:29 am »
So the final vote WAS rigged after all. Interesting:  http://perezhilton.com/2009-05-27-idol-controversy-att-cheats

According to The New York Times, recently crowned champ Kris Allen may have had some help winning American Idol courtesy of corporate sponsor AT&T.

AT&T provided free phones for text messaging at two finale parties supporting Kris Allen in Arkansas. The phone company even showed guests how to "power text," which allows one to text 10 votes at the touch of a button and violates the show's rules.

No free texting services were offered to Adam Lambert supporters which has caused speculation that the competition was rigged!

Fox has not commented on the accusations but AT&T stated, "In Arkansas, we were invited to attend the local watch parties organized by the community. A few local employees brought a small number of demo phones with them and provided texting tutorials to those who were interested."

We don't buy it!

The Perez site has a link to the New York Times article but it wouldn't open for me, i think the network is too busy at the moment.

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #42 on: May 27, 2009, 12:29:17 pm »
I know!  I read this its right on my Yahoo homepage.  Wonder how this is all gonna pan out for Chris and Adam?!

IMO I think Chris and Adam are more than just friends.  I one of the hollywood gossip channels Paula said there's a love affair going on.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #43 on: May 27, 2009, 02:22:47 pm »
I know!  I read this its right on my Yahoo homepage.  Wonder how this is all gonna pan out for Chris and Adam?!

IMO I think Chris and Adam are more than just friends.  I one of the hollywood gossip channels Paula said there's a love affair going on.

Cute couple if it's true.  I can't believe that Adam is apparently publicly in the closet yet privately out of the closet, whatever that means.  ??? (Anyway, he's too fey to be an androphile   ;D)

Offline jstephens9

Re: Adam the New Front Man for Queen??
« Reply #44 on: May 27, 2009, 02:56:50 pm »
http://tv.yahoo.com/contributor/2461071/news/urn:newsml:tv.tvguide.com:20090525:1006316__ER:1

what do you think?

Actually I didn't know Queen was still around at all. I can't quite picture Paul Rodgers as being their singer. Paul Rodgers was great with The Firm, Bad Company, and Free and even did well by himself. However, Queen's music seems like it is in a different vein than these other groups. Now as far as Adam goes, I guess I would have to see that, but it does seem more fitting. Although in the long run you cannot really ever replace Freddie Mercury as the lead singer of Queen.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #45 on: May 27, 2009, 02:59:20 pm »

That would be funny. Would that be like a uniting of the red and blue states  :laugh:

injest

« Reply #46 on: May 27, 2009, 07:41:14 pm »

you know I had that thought the other night....that would be something wouldnt' it?

Offline milomorris

• No crybabies
« Reply #47 on: May 27, 2009, 09:26:05 pm »
(Anyway, he's too fey to be an androphile   ;D)

The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.

--Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #48 on: May 27, 2009, 11:20:11 pm »
you know I had that thought the other night....that would be something wouldnt' it?

Oh codswallop.......just because a bloke who is presumed gay, puts his arm around another bloke, does not mean they are into a relationship.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2009, 11:37:45 pm »
Oh codswallop.......just because a bloke who is presumed gay, puts his arm around another bloke, does not mean they are into a relationship.

yeah, well my intuition was telling me something...and obviously I wasn't the ONLY one!