Author Topic: Who has seen these controversial moments?  (Read 20954 times)

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Who has seen these controversial moments?
« on: August 01, 2006, 07:10:45 pm »
There's a thread on the Open Forum discussing whether these things exist anywhere outside of Brokies' wild imaginations. I'm curious about how many people have seen them and how many haven't. For more on this, see "the mysterious 'I love you' and other nearly indiscernible moments":

http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=2401.180

If you say you haven't seen them, then you later watch it again and DO see them, please come back and change your vote, so we can keep an accurate tally.

Notice I'm not even getting into the "sorry" "s/alright" debate!  :laugh:

Oh, for the record I voted YES to the "I love you," the hand-holding and the "Hey, c'mere." Have yet to see or hear the others, but I haven't ruled out their existence.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2006, 07:15:23 pm by latjoreme »

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: Who has seen these controversial moments?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 07:14:02 pm »
That "f*ck me" one is difficult. Jack says something, but I haven't yet made it out.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 07:17:47 pm »
I really didn't want to see/hear "I love you" in the closet scene, because it's not true to the story and didn't seem "right" but it's there and if you can't fix it you gotta stand it.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 07:23:10 pm »
but it's there and if you can't fix it you gotta stand it.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Good one, Lee.

Offline cmr107

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Call me Courtney
« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 07:32:21 pm »
In TS1, I guess I saw the hand holding. It looks to me more like Jack holding Ennis's arm or wrist, but I saw it. I haven't read the thread about indescernible moments, but after the recent discussion in Chez Tremblay, I listened for the "f*ck me". I heard something, but I'm not entirely sure it's "f*ck me." In TS2, I hear "c'mon" but not "lie back." And I'm as sure as I can be that I hear "hey, c'mere" (or something) in the reunion scene. I haven't heard Ennis say anything in the closet scene, but I'm not sure I want to. I agree with Lee, that it doesn't seem "right."

Offline JT

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 07:39:03 pm »
I definately see them holding hands in TS1 right before Jack let out that loud orgasmic groan.  Eventhough the subtitle says it Ennis that groans, it's Jack's voice I heard.  I have a hard time hearing any of those speeches, but when I turn the tv real loud, I did hear the "sorry" and "it's alright" in TS2.  I'm not debating.  I better watch it again with the tv full blast someday.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 07:46:19 pm »
I've heard/seen it all, except for the "Oh, Jack ..."

I have found that using headphones and watching the movie on either a large screen or watching the movie close up makes a huge difference.

I have always seen Jack holding Ennis' hand. I find it interesting that others haven't seen it. However, it was pointed out that in TS1, after Ennis bolts and Jack grabs Ennis and says, “C’mon” …. Jack takes Ennis’ hand and puts it back on his hard dick. You know … it happens. Had someone not pointed that out (to me), I wouldn’t have noticed it.
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 07:58:53 pm »
Heya Buds,

Nice poll.  I just voted for all the options except for Ennis saying "Oh Jack".  Hmmm.  I'm quite convinced that I hear/ see the others.  And, by the way,  what in the hell ever happened to "I'm sorry" in TS2?
 ;)

I think that one needs to be added to the list of controversial moments.  Just so there's no suspense, I'm planning on voting for that one too.
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2006, 08:03:15 pm »
I think that one needs to be added to the list of controversial moments.  Just so there's no suspense, I'm planning on voting for that one too.

Your wish is my command!  :)

I also added Diane's observation about TS1.

Seven people had alread voted by the time I added those options, so hopefully they will come back and add those votes.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2006, 08:06:36 pm »
Gee!  Thanks Katherine!
 :D
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie