Author Topic: Who has seen these controversial moments?  (Read 20768 times)

mvansand76

Re: Who has seen these controversial moments?
« Reply #30 on: August 20, 2006, 12:53:56 pm »
The only thing I heard very clearly was "Love you" in the closet. I posted this somewhere else, but my boyfriend, who is not aware of the discussion surrounding this, heard this loud and clear too, and he was really wondering what the fuss was about, because they loved each other, didn't they, that's what he said. I love my boyfriend, because it really is THAT simple.

Just to add my 2 cents (?) I never ever heard any of the things that Jack supposedly says in the first tent scene and I am honestly wondering where that discussion came from all of a sudden (not that I doubt the sanity of the people who did hear it ;)). I have seen the film 15 times (estimation) and I have never heard anything but grunts. I also highly doubt Jack saying something like that so soon in the physical relationship, even if it was at the height of passion.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #31 on: August 20, 2006, 01:09:44 pm »
Just to add my 2 cents (?) I never ever heard any of the things that Jack supposedly says in the first tent scene and I am honestly wondering where that discussion came from all of a sudden (not that I doubt the sanity of the people who did hear it ;)). I have seen the film 15 times (estimation) and I have never heard anything but grunts. I also highly doubt Jack saying something like that so soon in the physical relationship, even if it was at the height of passion.

I heard the "f**k me" ... I swear!  ;) ;D It is subtle, but it's there (IMO). I don't know ... I can easily imagine Jack saying that ... especially since he seemed to be wanting to have the "opportunity" (i.e. for Ennis to "f**k" him ... you know what I mean?) for quite awile!  ;D
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2006, 12:56:17 am »
The "I love you" is right here. Ennis (Heath) is actually saying it in this still. The second he gets the words out scene exits to Mrs Twist with coffee cup in kitchen.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline Momof2

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • BLISS
« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2006, 04:54:08 pm »
I have heard the "I love you".  As for the TS1 have not.  I thought Ennis was holding Jacks hand but the closer I looked to me it was like he was holding his forearm for leverage?  I did think it looked like Jack took Ennis' hand and place it somewhere offscreen.  I do not here the Come here in the reunion. 
I wish I knew how to quit you.

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2006, 05:05:38 pm »
I have heard the "I love you".  As for the TS1 have not.  I thought Ennis was holding Jacks hand but the closer I looked to me it was like he was holding his forearm for leverage?  I did think it looked like Jack took Ennis' hand and place it somewhere offscreen.  I do not here the Come here in the reunion. 
"Come here" is right after they break apart.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #35 on: August 25, 2006, 02:13:57 am »

Yes. And unfortunately, Ennis is saying it not to beckon Jack to him, but to lead him into the apartment to meet Alma.

Offline Momof2

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • BLISS
« Reply #36 on: August 25, 2006, 09:17:59 am »
Yes. And unfortunately, Ennis is saying it not to beckon Jack to him, but to lead him into the apartment to meet Alma.

I heard it when I watched the other day.  After reading this, I thought it was like Come here so you can meet Alma and we can get out of here.
I wish I knew how to quit you.

Offline dly64

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #37 on: August 25, 2006, 10:27:14 am »

Yes ... there's one there, but there is also a "come here" when Ennis grabs Jack and slams him against the wall. Listen ... you can hear it. Put on headphones if you still can't hear it. I SWEAR .... it's there! ;)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2006, 01:43:26 pm by dly64 »
Diane

"We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em."

Offline jpwagoneer1964

« Reply #38 on: August 25, 2006, 11:37:09 am »
Yes ... there's one there, but there is also a "come here" when Ennis grabs Jack and slams him against the wall. Listen ... you can here it. Put on headphones if you still can't hear it. I SWEAR .... it's there! ;)
Your are Right. I forgot about the first one.

Offline starboardlight

• nipith.com
« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2006, 01:42:00 pm »
Jack taking Ennis's hand to his erection and the hand holding in TS1 are the only things I've seen. I was actually the one that pointed out the hand holding toward the end of their "rustling", right after I got the dvd. althought "hand holding" sounds so romantic and tender, when in fact it was more like grasping and intense, while it was happening.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.