Author Topic: Who has seen these controversial moments?  (Read 20769 times)

Offline Daniel

• Counsellor
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • I lost myself to him.
Re: Who has seen these controversial moments?
« Reply #40 on: September 12, 2006, 08:30:04 am »
I have modified my votes also. After seeing the film the last time, I did indeed hear Ennis whisper "Oh Jack" as he held the shirts up near his mouth. I also heard a ragged breath which seemed to be saying "I love you." He took that deep breath then released it and he seemed to be sighing "I love you." but its not 100% clear, and not clearly enunciated really.

Now as to TS1, as I understand it, Jack grabs Ennis's hand during their lovemaking, places it on his... erection is the term we're using here? and then at the very end of the scene looks as though he is going to kiss Ennis's hand. We watched that scene in slow motion, a few times, just to make sure.

-Daniel.
Why do we consume what we consume?
Why do we believe what we believe?
Why do we accept what we accept?
You have a body, a mind, and a soul.... You have a responsibility.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #41 on: November 30, 2006, 09:15:51 pm »
Is it OK to bump a poll?

Anyway,

Bump!
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2006, 08:19:49 am »
I heard the "f**k me" ... I swear!  ;) ;D It is subtle, but it's there (IMO). I don't know ... I can easily imagine Jack saying that ... especially since he seemed to be wanting to have the "opportunity" (i.e. for Ennis to "f**k" him ... you know what I mean?) for quite awile!  ;D

Yep I heard that too. You know what I did? I listened to the sound through my headphones. I heard him say "f**k me" I heard him say "I,m sorry" I heard Ennis say "Jack" and "I love you" in the closet. You really have to listen but I DID hear it. Tell you what else. With headphones on, the morning after TS1, I actually heard the birds singing and the water running in the stream and I didnt hear that without headphones.

Offline ifyoucantfixit

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2006, 04:41:37 am »
I did actually hear "c'mere" in the reunion scene (long before I heard anyone discussing it). The rest, though, I don't think are really there. (Though Jack and Ennis are close to holding hands in TS1... I'm just not sure I would call it "hand-holding" exactly.)

But thanks for letting me be a grump!  :-*
                                               i swear i hear on that ive never heard anyone else tell about before,  and i dont know if its truly there, its just something that i feel hear, kind of like the way you discern something someone says after you know part of it and then put it together in your head.   after the reunion, and ennis breaks away from jack and nuzzles him and starts to walk away, he say what i swear is "wait up" and starts to walk up to the stairs...always wonder if anyone else noticed that....

Beautiful mind

Offline Cameron

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #44 on: June 09, 2007, 07:37:32 pm »
I haven't seen this thread before, what a great one.

I just voted, but only for three of them, the two hand holdings in TS 1 and Jack saying "I'm sorry".

I have read about some of these in other places, but I never did hear them aside from 'I'm sorry'.

These things haven't been discussed in a long long time, I thought I would bump this too.

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #45 on: June 10, 2007, 02:34:16 am »
Hey, after our special small group annotation of the film at the BBQ, I can check off more of these!  :)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2007, 06:59:58 am »
                                               i swear i hear on that ive never heard anyone else tell about before,  and i dont know if its truly there, its just something that i feel hear, kind of like the way you discern something someone says after you know part of it and then put it together in your head.   after the reunion, and ennis breaks away from jack and nuzzles him and starts to walk away, he say what i swear is "wait up" and starts to walk up to the stairs...always wonder if anyone else noticed that....

It seems to me like Ennis says, "later" or "hey, later" or "wait--later" ---something like that. I'm probably wrong because I haven't heard a lot of the things that other Brokies have heard. Maybe I could if I had earphones.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dagi

« Reply #47 on: June 10, 2007, 07:59:47 am »
The subtitles tell he says "hey". just that, no "later" or something. But it doesn´t matter to me, as both of them and all of us know what later would come... ;D

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #48 on: June 12, 2007, 09:12:25 am »
Ennis and Jack holding hands in TS1

This isn't controvertial at all ... you can just see it in the widescreen version but if you have the fullscreen edition it's clear as day. (I have both)

Some people haven't seen it, though. And for those who have, what's controversial is whether Ennis is holding Jack's hand or something else ...  ::)

Dagi

« Reply #49 on: June 12, 2007, 09:46:25 am »
  So, if Ennis is holding onto something else ... then either it's verrrrrrry stretchy or it's about 16 inches long!!!  Either way, I can see why Ennis keeps coming back for more!!!

Susie

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 10:48:36 am by Ellemeno »