Author Topic: The Passion of the Cuffs  (Read 2983 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
The Passion of the Cuffs
« on: August 02, 2006, 04:26:17 pm »
Mel Gibson blames Jews for all wars in the world, demands to know if the officer placing his drunk-butt in the back of the police car is one, and then refers to a female police officer as "sugar tits."  And that is the nice stuff....  First the Holocaust denier father, then a movie that was a darling epic for the Christian right and suspiciously anti-semitic, and then his Salad Shooter epithet episode this past weekend.

And the debate rages on as to whether he actually meant any of it because drunk people say crazy things.  Having been around a few overly "festive" people, I find this incredible because most of what I hear from the "blow a 2.0" crowd is just the insertion of more emphasis on the things they already believe.

"I like you" becomes "oh I really love you man and I can't live without you (insert sobbing)"  or "my wife drives me crazy" becomes "I will cut her if she opens her mouth one more time."

So I guess that means when sober he thinks that Jews cause most of the occasional verbal skirmishes in the world and that that officer's breasts weren't really made of sugar, just Splenda.

Two words: career ender.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: The Passion of the Cuffs
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2006, 04:37:45 pm »
Let's hope.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2006, 06:09:49 pm »
He wasn't that drunk.  As a lifetime drunk/drinker/recovering alcoholic, his alcohol tolerance should be a lot higher than the .12 or whatever it was.

En vino veritas.  He believes those things about Jews, he likes to be crude toward women.  He's an outback redneck two-fisted drinking low-life in his 'real' life, talking about and solving the world's problems with his mates in the pub after a hard day's work laying asphalt or unloading semi-trucks on the docks before showing up at church with a hangover and going home to the trailer home full of the wife and screaming litter of kids.

That's what he SHOULD be.  But he's not, and he gets in trouble when he drinks.

Offline David

« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2006, 06:27:14 pm »
I have to agree that booze just magnifies a persons true inner personality.   

I'm sure that he IS sorry he said all those things.  Sorry that all those things he believes are true came out in public!

Career breaker?   Maybe, maybe not.  He is rich enough to produce his own movies.   But considering that alot of important people in Hollywood are Jewish, he will not be getting any breaks soon.

oh!   Can you imagine if he were to show up at the Oscars next year?     I'd make him a presenter along side of.....Harvey Fierstein !   
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 06:31:15 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline GG

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2006, 06:42:25 pm »
I think they said he has just started drinking again after fifteen years of sobriety. That's really too bad. He is one of my favorites. I've read he's a wonderful family man .(maybe when he's sober)

People make mistakes. Seems like he's going to be paying for this one for a long time.

I personally wish him well.
meow!

Offline David

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2006, 06:58:19 pm »
I recall an episode of Saturday Night Live around the time of the movie "The Passion...."

Tina Fey was doing the Weekly News update and mentioned that Mel bought his own private Island.   

She then turned it into a Visa style commercial.

Mel Buying a private Island : $15 Million Dollars.

Having a place to go with no Jews for Mel Gibson : Priceless.

I can't wait to see what she has to say about Mel this week!
« Last Edit: August 02, 2006, 06:59:55 pm by DavidinHartford »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2006, 07:03:54 pm »
Having a place for Mel Gibson to go so we don't have to see him again: Priceless.

I can't stand zealots!!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

vkm91941

« Reply #7 on: August 03, 2006, 02:00:24 am »
Nope, don't think even this disguise is gonna save him this time...

vkm91941

« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2006, 02:21:39 am »
Well honey I know my Grandma use to tell my brothers she was gonna make them a sugar tit if they didn't stop acting like cry babies...It was a  4x4 sq of floursacking, filled with several sugar cubes and a few drops of Jack Daniels...then tied up to resemble a nipple..it's an old southern remedy given to babies to sooth the gums during teething....  ;)

Offline Arad-3

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • " Save a horse ... ride a cowboy "
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2006, 12:12:21 am »
I personally would like to just see it dropped. I really like mel Gibson. He's been in Hollywood for maybe 30 years and he has had a clean record. No running around, picking up whores like alot of them have been caught doing. I think everyone is entitled to one 'get out of jail free" card.

If hes been on the wagon for 15 years beleive me I know how crazy drink can effect you when you start again. i have some alcoholics in my family. They are the sweetest people in the world and might not drink for months at a time but when they start binging get out of their way cause all hell is gonna break loose. and the the next day or two maybe even week they end up hearing everything they said or did and usally cant remember or believe they did or said that.

And alot of times it isnt anything they would of normally said or done. So we usally forgive them, they suffer enough.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 04:54:41 pm by Arad-3 »
" Save a horse... ride a cowboy "