Author Topic: What am I doing up at this hour?  (Read 5621 times)

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
Re: What am I doing up at this hour?
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2009, 03:50:52 pm »
aww, thank you for all the suggestions.  :-*

I got on my exercise bike for half an hour this afternoon and did some tummy exercises afterwards. I'll try to keep this up, who knows, maybe I will sleep better.

:)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline serious crayons

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2009, 03:52:22 pm »
My personal illogical theory is that if I don't go to bed, tomorrow won't come. Of course, it still does come and is that much more painful.

That's it. I think I have trouble with transitions. When I'm up, I want to stay up. And when I'm in bed, I want to stay there.

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2009, 03:56:53 pm »
Camomille Tea, is a great relaxer and can help you sleep.

Says me, who first posted on here at 3.30am and it is now 6am........

I just had ordinary tea, when I woke up.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2009, 04:00:26 pm »
This is a great topic for a thread!  I think most of these suggestions are spot on for me.  I have lots of online business to attend to (as Chrissi suggests) so I often find myself up until around 1 am on worknights (which, is a habit I really want to break since I think it's really wearing on me now to have such little sleep routinely).  By online "business" I mean... Facebook stuff, BetterMost stuff, email and fanfic... all of these things end up taking hours almost every night and to get through all the stuff I want to check in on, sleep gets sacrificed.

I also agree with the idea of somehow making tomorrow not come so quickly by staying up late.  It's an interesting psychological phenomenon, but it sounds right to me too in terms of my experience.

And, I also think hanging out online too long most nights is a way to mask insomnia.  In grad school I had really bad insomnia.  I used to start in on dissertation work after Conan O'Brien finished many evenings... so I would often be up almost all night working... and then I'd sleep a lot of the day.  I have a much better time staying asleep than falling asleep.  My ideal sleeping hours are morning hours usually... so getting up early for a normal work day is very hard for me.  Essentially I think I'm very naturally a night owl when left to my own devices and my own self-determined schedule (which I had in grad school... a self determined schedule).

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #14 on: June 07, 2009, 04:04:59 pm »
Camomille Tea, is a great relaxer and can help you sleep.

Says me, who first posted on here at 3.30am and it is now 6am........

I just had ordinary tea, when I woke up.

tsk, tsk, tsk  ;D

6 am? It's still 'yesterday' over here, 10 pm to be precise. And look, I'm still awake.  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2009, 04:14:06 pm »

tsk, tsk, tsk  ;D

6 am? It's still 'yesterday' over here, 10 pm to be precise. And look, I'm still awake.  :)

Well, the sun is just coming up here on a public holiday Monday here. I've got nothing planned for the day, so if i go back to bed later, it wont matter.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection