Author Topic: "Sharp moments"  (Read 6667 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: "Sharp moments"
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2006, 07:57:39 pm »
Thank you for the link to those products, Shuggy......

Yes that quote is something that I actually picked up on even before i saw Brokeback....and I liked the meaning of it then, but after seeing Brokeback it brought on a whole new meaning as well....and I have used it quite often in my everyday thoughts and conversations....

I am definately going to work out how to purchase a few of those items that you sent me....

Are you the creator of them, or did you just come accross the site?
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 10:14:23 pm »
I've discussed this elsewhere, but I am always amazed that, though Mr. Twist does show icy contempt, it does not seem to be a reaction to Ennis and Jack's gayness. Rather, he's mad at Ennis for letting Jack down, and/or Jack for not following through on his plan to help out at the ranch. I think this is intended to show Ennis discovering that not everyone reacts as negatively to homosexuality as he assumes they do.

This thought really got my attention... I like it!  I have assumed that Mr. Twist was showing his contempt for the idea of a relationship between Jack and Ennis and with Jack being with men at all, but this perspective is interesting to contemplate as well.  Thanks!
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline serious crayons

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 10:57:54 pm »
This thought really got my attention... I like it!  I have assumed that Mr. Twist was showing his contempt for the idea of a relationship between Jack and Ennis and with Jack being with men at all, but this perspective is interesting to contemplate as well.  Thanks!

Thanks, Alec!  :) I assumed the same thing for a long time (that Mr. Twist was homophobic), and when I started thinking about it in this other way, it opened up a whole new way of viewing the scene.

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2006, 12:01:00 am »
Any further leads on these alleged 'sharp moments?' Having -- very, ridiculously unfortunately -- not watched the film in too damn long of a time, I cannot say off-hand I know exactly what the hell we're talking about but this is very interesting to me...
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger