Author Topic: Brokie Road Tour!  (Read 4972 times)

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
Brokie Road Tour!
« on: August 03, 2006, 02:14:49 am »
Hey Brokies!  :D

This is your long lost friend Keren! Sorry I've been away so long. Big life changes have been consuming. I accepted a new job in Boston, gave notice at work, and have been preparing for my big move. And my road trip! My friend and I are driving from San Diego to Boston. I'd love to meet some brokies en route! Many of you have had the chance to meet, and I was happy for you, and wished I, too, could meet some of my web friends and fellow brokies. Here's a great opportunity to do that!  I'm posting my itinerary. Some things may change, but this is a good rough estimate of our tour stops. 

If any of you live in any of the areas I'll be visiting, let me know! I'd love to meet up at the local diner/cafe/what have you for breakfast/lunch/dinner depending on when we pass through town. If you can offer us a place to spend the night, that'd be stellar.  ::)

8/12 drive through Vegas, maybe stop for lunch and a look around, drive on toward Bryce Canyon in Utah, spend the night in Panuitch.

8/13 Bryce Canyon, then drive part way to Salt Lake City.

8/14 drive the rest of the way to Salt Lake, have a look around, then head up into southern Wyoming (!!! pilgrimmage!), try to see Flaming Gorge

8/15 Drive and explore in Wyoming. Maybe start driving to Iowa City.

8/16 Continue on to Iowa City, where we'll stay with my road buddy's friend. May drive through Nebraska and stop for lunch somewhere. If you live in Nebraska, and the geography works out, maybe we can meet for lunch?

8/17 Drive to Chicago. Play. Celeste, I'd love to meet you! I know there's a few of you who live in Chicago, sorry I don't recall which brokies call that city home. But let me know. We may drive to Indianna that night and spend the night with my friends' parents, or we may stay the night in Chicago.

8/18 Drive to Niagra Falls, or Toronto, but probablt the Falls. Spend the night.

8/19 Explore the Falls for a few hours, then drive to Rochester, to visit some friends of mine. Then drive part of the way to Boston.

8/20 Continue on to Boston.

If you live in any of the places above, and would like to meet up, let me know! PM me is the best way to reach me. I'm strapped for time, so PM me and I'll see it when I check my email.

I send love and healing to Chris, who I heard from Jenny has been through medical hell. And to Philip and his family, who I understand have been through some hell of their own.  :-\ Continued healing wishes going out to John. And a big fat thank you to Jenny for keeping me informed.  :-*

Keren 
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: Brokie Road Tour!
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 09:58:02 pm »
She posts! She lives! She posts! I'm so glad and amazed you got yourself over here K!

Any brokie on this route is a lucky one indeed to get to spend time with Keren. I'm countin the days till she calls the east coast "home" and we can hang out in person!

That itinerary looks great. I'm jealous. Especially about that Wyoming part. And the Bryce Canyon part. And the road trip part. Eat some junk food for me (my favorite--McDonald's fries dipped in a vanilla "softie" ice cream cone...Mmmm!) and rock out to the tunes with the window down and your feet out the window.

Jenny :D :D

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 10:44:59 pm »
Wow! That sounds like a big change, San Diego to Boston!

Congratulations and good luck!
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2006, 12:10:20 am »
Thanks, Jeff! It is indeed a big change. I'm excited! I think it'll really stimulate the old brain and shake up my life in all the right ways.

Jenny - darlin', I'm blushing! (We need a blushing smiley/icon. Can we pillage one from IMDB??) Thanks for the lovin' spoonful of compliments! I too am looking forward to finally meeting you in person, and drinkng some whiskey, fishin' some, ya know.  ;) I'll gladly ingest some junk food for ya. Yeah, I'm especially psyched about Wyoming! Colorado would have been beautiful, too, but I just had to see Wyoming. Even convinced my distinctly non-brokie road trippin' buddy into it.  ;D

Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline David

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2006, 07:17:47 am »
Howdy Keren!

Sounds like some first class entertainment!    I love road trips!    I'd say let's meet up in Springfield, Massachusetts on your way thru, but y'all with be so close to Boston by then I'm sure you will be dog tired from travelling.   Once you get Settled in Bean Town we can arrange a New England Brokie lunch or something.   

:)   David

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2006, 12:57:41 pm »
Sounds like a great trip, Keren!  I wish I were hitting the road with you.  Hey, if you get to Riverton, send postcards!  8)

Once you're in Boston, New York's not too far away.  Hope we can do brunch sometime.  ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2006, 01:56:15 pm »
Awesome idea, David!
Meryl, I'd love that. I'll surely be getting up there at some point, gots to meet Jenny, and it'd be great to meet you and other ny brokies. O0
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline Shakesthecoffecan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Those were the days, Alberta 2007.
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2006, 02:00:38 pm »
When is this trip? When will you be in Wyoming? I heard of a pilgrimage to Broken Back Mountain around the 19th.....
"It was only you in my life, and it will always be only you, Jack, I swear."

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2006, 03:03:27 pm »

8/17 Drive to Chicago. Play. Celeste, I'd love to meet you! I know there's a few of you who live in Chicago, sorry I don't recall which brokies call that city home. But let me know. We may drive to Indianna that night and spend the night with my friends' parents, or we may stay the night in Chicago.

Hey Keren -

Let's talk and see what we can work out.  I'll PM ya my phone & e-mail.  Happy trails!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2006, 03:12:50 pm »
Hey Keren, it's great when you're around.  Have you checked the BetterMost Frappr map?

http://www.frappr.com/bettermost