Author Topic: About your forum ID!  (Read 29180 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: About your forum ID!
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2010, 07:57:26 pm »
I know I'm never here, so it's a little cheeky to jump in, but I'm gonna do it anyway.  My real name is Celeste, and my user id of "YaadPyar" is a a Hindi term - yaad (pronounced yod) and pyar (pronounced pee-ar) means love and remembrance.  It relates to my practice of meditation, i.e., 'G*d's love and remembrance" or Baba's yaad pyar.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with BBM, but no one else ever has this id, and I like being reminded of what it means.  My avatar reminds me always of the hills in the beginning of BBM when Ennis' truck is driving down in the early morning fog.  And I love the colors.

It's been so interesting to see names change over time, and try to figure out who is who.  I still love that RouxB was the inspiration for the little 'fro smiley.

Thanks for letting me play!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2010, 08:49:30 pm »
I read once that the pyramids were actually attempts to replicate mountains which were thought to generate a magic aura. Brokeback Mountain always seemed a magical place to me - hence the name.

PS I since found out that The Magic Mountain is a famous novel by Thomas Mann.

Fire From Heaven is the title of the first book in the Alexander trilogy by Mary Renault. Jack and Ennis experienced a coup de foudre (love struck by lightening) so I thought it apt.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 02:23:40 am by magicmountain »
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2010, 11:46:23 pm »
I know I'm never here, so it's a little cheeky to jump in, but I'm gonna do it anyway.  My real name is Celeste, and my user id of "YaadPyar" is a a Hindi term - yaad (pronounced yod) and pyar (pronounced pee-ar) means love and remembrance.  It relates to my practice of meditation, i.e., 'G*d's love and remembrance" or Baba's yaad pyar.

It has nothing whatsoever to do with BBM, but no one else ever has this id, and I like being reminded of what it means.  My avatar reminds me always of the hills in the beginning of BBM when Ennis' truck is driving down in the early morning fog.  And I love the colors.

It's been so interesting to see names change over time, and try to figure out who is who.  I still love that RouxB was the inspiration for the little 'fro smiley.

It's nice to see you here Celeste - my Birthday Buddy!!!

We miss you!
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 01:12:00 am »
I have had the good fortune to ride in RouxB's car several times.

:-*

Heathen

Offline RouxB

• BetterMost Welcome Wagon & Contributor
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ...a love that will never grow old
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 01:14:41 am »

Yaady you are always with us in spirit

:-*

Heathen

Offline magicmountain

• Fire from heaven
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 02:25:20 am »
My name started as "ineedcrayons," from Alma Jr.'s line in BBM, which I think summarizes the movie's themes -- we all need crayons/color/joy/hapiness in our lives.

One year, for Heath's birthday, we changed our usernames to lines from Heath's movies. I chose "Whysoserious?"

Afterward, I combined the two, because I think they go well together. The pairing is sort of paradoxical, but it underlines the abovementioned theme.

To find my avatar, I always just look up "serious crayons" on google images and pick one I like. Once, for example, I had a crayon drawing of a BBM-like mountain scene. I particularly like my current one because, as I mentioned on the Halloween-costume thread, it's a picture made out of crayons. I don't mean a crayon drawing, but a photo of actual crayons.

Ah so that's where serious crayons came from - I often wondered about that.
Remember upon the conduct of each depends the fate of all. - Alexander the Great

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 03:16:35 pm »

My avatar has been Ennis from the beginning on. I'm an Ennis girl, can't help it. I had the same pic for more than four years. Two days ago I decided to take a variation of the pic for my avatar. I'm so spontaneous :laugh:.

Great new avatar, Chrissie. Looking forward to see what you´ll come up with in 2014 :-*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 09:07:11 am »
My screen name is my real name. My avatar is a photo of myself taken on 5 Sept 2009 by my friend, George. We were on a motoring tour of the Riverina region of New South Wales in Australia, primarily visiting  historic sites connected to the cult of the gay bushranger (outlaw), Andrew Scott, alias Captain Moonlite. I had only just bought the cowboy hat a couple of days previously, in one of the small country towns we passed through on out travels. We were walking through the town when we came upon a store selling what could best be termed "western" apparel. They had a huge range of cowboy shirts, boots, jeans, saddles and hats, etc. I fell in love with the black cowboy hat. It fitted perfectly and was so comfortable to wear. It felt so right to be wearing it, and even though the price was somewhat high, I simply had to have it. My sig-line "Rodeo" graphic reminds me of Jack in his red shirt.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline ifyoucantfixit

« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2010, 08:18:49 am »
       Of course my name comes from the line in Brokeback Mountain.   If you can't fix it
ya gotta stand it.  It fit me and the state of mind I was in at the time I came here.  I
was very deep in grief, and then the movie just made it worse.  I was in a state of severe
depression.  I cried all the time from the grief, and then I got worse if it was possible
after I saw BBM.  My family was trying to get me to go for counseling.  That line kept on resonating to me.  If you can't fix it.  Which you can't a death.  I thought "you gotta stand
it."  But maybe, just maybe you could kind of fix yourself, if not the problem.  I came here
looking for a way to try and fix myself.
      The Avatar that I had for three years was Spirit Lake and Mt. St Helens.  The one that exploded the first year we moved here to Oregon.  Because it reminded me of the lake
that Jack and Ennis camped, by in the movie.
       My signature line is the painting of Ennis and I loved it so much, and think that it
shows the intellect that he had, that was so inherent.  He looks as if he can think in
three directions at a time.  The more I find out about him, the more amazed I am at his intellect.

Beautiful mind

Offline delalluvia

• "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #29 on: December 05, 2010, 11:26:54 pm »
Didn't we have an old thread about this?

My name is simply Spanish for "Of/From the Rain".

An ex-BF picked it for me a long time ago and I liked it because it symbolized for me being the 'voice at the back of the room' or 'lone voice in the wilderness'.  Plus being lazy and unable to keep up with multiple changes, I simply kept it as I wander from board to board.

My icon images and signature lines are simply things I like, found symbolic or that refer to events in my life.  The text about truth is something I found profound - we want to be associated with the truth, but will not find any comfort in it.  Which I find true in very many situations and I try to keep that in mind when I post.  People are likely not going to want to hear the truth because it makes them uncomfortable, but that doesn't mean I should stop saying it.