Author Topic: A Mother Scorned  (Read 2015 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
A Mother Scorned
« on: July 08, 2009, 10:04:18 pm »
This article was in the Sydney newspaper yesterday.

The bloke in question is an Australian cricketer, now overseas in England playing for his country.

I get the feeling this mum is going to be the mother in law from hell.

THE mother of star fast bowler Mitchell Johnson says her son has been stolen from her by his karate champ girlfriend Jessica Bratich.

On the eve of the Ashes series in England, Vikki Harber also slammed Cricket Australia for turning its back on parents in favour of flying over "bitchy" girlfriends more interested in self-promotion than supporting their partners.

Ms Harber, 45, told the Herald Sun her once close relationship with her son had deteriorated since he started going out with Ms Bratich.

"I get a text on Mother's Day and a text on my birthday," she said.

"The last time I actually spoke to him was when the beach cricket was here (and) Dennis Lillee told him he had to ring his mother, so Mitchell rang me that day.

"It has been like this since Jess came on the scene.

"Up until he met Jessica we were very close . . . but he hasn't spent a night under my roof since he met Jessica."

Ms Harber and Johnson's father Kevin Johnson separated when the cricketer was nine and he spent time growing up with both parents in Queensland.

He moved to Perth last year to be with Ms Bratich.

She has become one of the most popular WAGs in Australian sport, featuring on the cover of Ralph magazine.

Ms Harber said Cricket Australia had never offered her the opportunity to see her son play outside Brisbane.

"For the wives and the children I think it is great that they support them and send the over there, but who are these girlfriends? They are just girlfriends," Ms Harber said from Coolangatta.

"Mitch met Jess and since then she has flown off to South Africa, to England and the Bahamas. She gets all these trips, she gets flown there, accommodation, food and all of that."

Johnson's manager Sam Halvosen said the gun bowler was aware of his mother's comments but did not want to discuss them.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25750584-5001021,00.html?from=public_rss

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
Re: A Mother Scorned
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 11:02:37 pm »
Some mothers just can't/won't let go.