Author Topic: Attention Fang Bangers!: Who's your Favourite Vampire?  (Read 52017 times)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Attention Fang Bangers!: Who's your Favourite Vampire?
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2009, 09:25:23 am »
Good thinking!  I think I'll replace a less popular one with Frank Langella.  I completely forgot about him and he did cause a bit of a sensasion at the time.  Thanks!

He sure did for me, riding across the moors on that big black horse with his cape flapping behind him!  ;)  ;D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2009, 11:19:37 am »
Not that I mean to criticize or anything, but I just looked over the list again and I suddenly noticed it's missing Frank Langella. To the best of my limited knowledge, his Dracula, which I believe he first played on the stage before it was made into a movie at the end of the 1970s, was the first to really play up the sexual angle. At least, the film had a very stylized but pretty obvious sex scene in it.

Frank Langella will always be the Vampire of my Heart.  :-*

I don't see Leslie Nielson on the list for Dracula: Dead and Loving It.  I didn't realize that was a Mel Brooks film.  I'll have to rent it one of these days.  Meanwhile, it's always been my favorite title for a Dracula film.  ;D

Then there's my second favorite title, which came out the same year as Langella's film: Love at First Bite, starring George Hamilton as Count Vladimir Dracula.   ;D
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline oilgun

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 11:43:06 am »
I purposefully left out Leslie Nielsen and George Hamilton (eww!).  Also Count von Count and Count Chocula, lol!

I remember that the blonde vampire from The Brides of Dracula stirred some confusing feelings within me when I saw it back in the sixties.  One of my first (memorable) homoerotic moments!  :P

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 12:25:06 pm »
I purposefully left out Leslie Nielsen and George Hamilton (eww!).  Also Count von Count and Count Chocula, lol!

I remember that the blonde vampire from The Brides of Dracula stirred some confusing feelings within me when I saw it back in the sixties.  One of my first (memorable) homoerotic moments!  :P

Well, I thank you for including my "vamp" Mick St. John. Damn, it pissed me off when Moonlight wasn't renewed.  >:(
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 06:49:11 pm by Jeff Wrangler »
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2009, 12:33:02 pm »
Well, one who scared me shitless (not on your list) was Reggie Nalder who played "Barlow" on "Salem's Lot".

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #15 on: July 17, 2009, 01:03:51 pm »
Well, I thank you for including my "vamp" Nick St. John. Damn, it pissed me off when Moonlight wasn't renewed.  >:(
Yep. There was not much to complain about when it came to Mick St. John O0

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #16 on: July 17, 2009, 01:13:07 pm »
Yep. There was not much to complain about when it came to Mick St. John O0

Only that we didn't see him with his shirt open more often!  ;D

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #17 on: July 17, 2009, 01:54:09 pm »
The long list of choices makes me realize how incredibly many popular culture vampires there are, and how few of them I've actually "met"!  *worries*

My vote goes to Spike. (I'm a big Angel fan, but being an avid Angel/Buffy 'shipper I'd rather he save his bite for Buffy.  :P )  And Spike just is.... something else.  :P He's so effulgent;D

I think Louis de Pointe de Lac would also be high on my list, but that would be the Louis I had in my head after reading Interview with the Vampire a couple of years before the film came out. I don't think Brad Pitt did my imaginary, sensuous, dark and despairing Louis any justice at all.

The Louis we meet in Sting's "Moon over Burbon Street" - now that is my Louis. Love that song!

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2009, 02:01:22 pm »
The long list of choices makes me realize how incredibly many popular culture vampires there are, and how few of them I've actually "met"!  *worries*

My vote goes to Spike. (I'm a big Angel fan, but being an avid Angel/Buffy 'shipper I'd rather he save his bite for Buffy.  :P )  And Spike just is.... something else.  :P He's so effulgent;D

Yes, Mikaela. I see a vampire movie evening in your near future :)

My soul is wrapped in harsh repose,
Midnight descends in raven-colored clothes,
But soft... behold!
A sunlight beam
Butting a swath of glimmering gleam.
My heart expands,
'tis grown a bulge in it,
Inspired by your beauty...
Effulgent.

;D
He really was a bloody bad poet

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #19 on: July 17, 2009, 02:23:29 pm »
Yes he really was.  ;D

He got better though once he found his true vocation and inspiration in life:

I was gonna post a pic of Spike all alone, but I figure James Marsters must be one of those guys who look more Spike-y in live action than in static posed images.... however the above with Drusilla is my iconic Spike, I think.