Author Topic: Attention Fang Bangers!: Who's your Favourite Vampire?  (Read 52039 times)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
Re: Attention Fang Bangers!: Who's your Favourite Vampire?
« Reply #30 on: July 17, 2009, 06:45:38 pm »
With dentistry that bad, he must be English. ...

I wonder how he managed to close his mouth? Or were the teeth/fangs retractable?

(Practical minds wanna know!)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #31 on: July 17, 2009, 06:54:15 pm »
I wonder how he managed to close his mouth? Or were the teeth/fangs retractable?

I was thinking that, too.  ;D  While I was slamming English dentistry. ...
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #32 on: July 17, 2009, 07:12:52 pm »
One of the problems is (and that's just a very personal quirk of mine) - I have a hard time thinking anyone is hot once he dons a top hat for *real* as part of the period costume. Goes for the above, and for any kind of Dickens movie, or any movie version of Les Miserables.

In my mind's version, Louis sure wasn't walking around in a top hat. And he looked darker, more haunted, the eyes weren't so swimming, and there was no lipgloss or whatever they were wearing.

I actually like Tom Cruise the best in the film - I agree with Anne Rice that he did a great job as Lestat. And contrary to many people's expectations at the time.

I was so eager to see that movie, because I was very into the book, the conflicting emotions, the giving in to the darkness in you, the twisted sensuality.... and the film just left me cold. Didn't evoke the feelings of the book at all. Such things sure are very subjective.

I have very similar feelings about INTERVIEW, Mikaela.  I read the book when it came and became obsessed with it. Kind of like I am now with True Blood, come to think of it.  When they finally made the film I couldn't wait to see it but, like you, it just left me cold.  I hated Brad Pitt's Louis, he reminded me of a stunned chipmunk on valium, but I enjoyed Tom Cruise's Lestat.  He had lost all that weight and acted so fey and un-hinged, I thought he did a great job.  Overall, I found the film strangely bloodless (hehehe) so it was a disappointment overall.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #33 on: July 17, 2009, 07:48:24 pm »

I imagine they sit outside his lips, like bulldogs and various big cats.

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #34 on: July 17, 2009, 09:16:36 pm »
Well, that means those teeth are  ... enough to let him eat popcorn   drink blood out of the neck of a jug, then.

;)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #35 on: July 18, 2009, 02:15:57 pm »
I have very similar feelings about INTERVIEW, Mikaela.  I read the book when it came and became obsessed with it. Kind of like I am now with True Blood, come to think of it.  When they finally made the film I couldn't wait to see it but, like you, it just left me cold.  I hated Brad Pitt's Louis, he reminded me of a stunned chipmunk on valium, but I enjoyed Tom Cruise's Lestat.  He had lost all that weight and acted so fey and un-hinged, I thought he did a great job.  Overall, I found the film strangely bloodless (hehehe) so it was a disappointment overall.

Interview is on my list of "movies I wish I´d never seen".

Interview is on it and most movies staring Mark Wahlberg. ;D

I think the whole cast was wrong and I found the whole thing anoying. I just couldnt wait for Lestat to die :P

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #36 on: July 18, 2009, 02:17:05 pm »
Well, that means those teeth are  ... enough to let him eat popcorn   drink blood out of the neck of a jug, then.

;)

aaaahhh that actually took me a while :D

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #37 on: July 18, 2009, 06:51:18 pm »
I think the whole cast was wrong and I found the whole thing anoying. I just couldnt wait for Lestat to die :P

So... a disappointment right up to the very end, then?  ;D

I had a friend back then who didn't know I was into the whole vampire thing and who after a weekend told me that she and her boyfriend had been to what had to be the worst, the most horrible, the most pointless, the most boring and God-awful film she'd ever seen. She couldn't understand why people made such useless drivel. And so on for quite some time - I remember her rant because it *was* truly memorable. She concluded the rant by informing me of the horrid movie's name - it was "Interview with...". 

BTW, I haven't seen "Queen of the Damned" so I don't know if the non-Cruise incarnation of Lestat is better or worse or just different.

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #38 on: July 18, 2009, 07:00:03 pm »
I suddenly remember another vampire...how about Rutger Hauer in Buffy the Vampire Slayer - the movie. Or the other guy in this clip, whatever his name is

[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline Mikaela

« Reply #39 on: July 18, 2009, 07:07:58 pm »
Oh, I had forgotten Rutger Hauer was in BTVS the movie!

Nice reminder!  :)

(Watch me determinedly staying out of atheist/religion discussions on a weekend night!!)