Author Topic: Attention Fang Bangers! Who is your favourite Vampire? The Women  (Read 41570 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Attention Fang Bangers! Who is your favourite Vampire? The Women
« Reply #20 on: July 17, 2009, 02:09:40 pm »
I did have one major problem with Dru.......she killed Kendra.

:laugh:

For those who don't know, Kendra was another slayer, and in her last episode, Dru killed her.  I always thought she had great potential as a character, and was not fully utilized.  Here's a shot of her with Buffy.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #21 on: July 17, 2009, 02:17:59 pm »
Kendra was cool.  :)

*channels Buffy*

"get a load of the She-Giles!"

*channels Spike*

"Dru bagged a slayer?!"

Well, at least Dru proved that she was truly dangerous (as well as stark raving mad) and worth the vampire name - not like some of the other Buffy vamps who couldn't bite their way out of a paper bag if their (un)lives depended on it.

Offline delalluvia

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "Truth is an iron bride"
« Reply #22 on: July 17, 2009, 04:21:59 pm »
Not a big fan of Kate Beckinsale's vampire either. I mean, yes, she looks good, but the character comes across as dour and humourless and introverted and generally disinterested in good and bad alike - at least in the first of the trilogy which is the only one I've seen.

That's because Selene didn't have a happy undead life (is that a contradiction?).  Imagine, your whole family butchered by (what you imagine) is an enemy, you get turned into a vampire, spend the next centuries eaten up with hate and revenge and killing and fending off unwanted advances from a slimy fellow vampire who just won't leave you alone.

Not a life to make anyone a Mary Sunshine, ya know?

Offline Mikaela

• Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #23 on: July 17, 2009, 05:28:44 pm »
Guess not.

But whatever her traumatic backstory, she leaves me cold IMO, and I find it difficult to root for her as the heroine of the flic. Most angsty out-for-revenge fantasy types come with a dollop of quirkiness, charm or one nice characteristic or two to ensure we can't help liking them despite all the gloom and angst.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #24 on: July 19, 2009, 08:03:45 am »
I just added Andrée Melly (#16) who played Gina in THE BRIDES OF DRACULA!  How could I have forgotten that little vampire minx!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #25 on: July 21, 2009, 08:14:00 am »
Once again, my favorite female vampire is from "Dark Shadows" too. Angelique played by Lara Parker.

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #26 on: July 21, 2009, 02:30:10 pm »
Guess not.

But whatever her traumatic backstory, she leaves me cold IMO, and I find it difficult to root for her as the heroine of the flic. Most angsty out-for-revenge fantasy types come with a dollop of quirkiness, charm or one nice characteristic or two to ensure we can't help liking them despite all the gloom and angst.

LOL, I don't know anything about her actual character or the narrative of the film... all I can say is that Kate Beckinsale looks *super* hot in that costume.  (Yes, on occasion... on silly occasions like this... I can be a little shallow).
the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline oilgun

« Reply #27 on: July 21, 2009, 04:15:28 pm »
Once again, my favorite female vampire is from "Dark Shadows" too. Angelique played by Lara Parker.

For some reason we didn't get that show where I was growing up so I'm not very familiar with the it.  I'll add her when I get home tonight.

Offline oilgun

« Reply #28 on: July 22, 2009, 06:02:56 am »
Tim Burton plans Dark Shadows next
"I'll definitely focus on that..."
BY James White Jul 22nd 2009 6:06AM

Tim Burton is planning to make his long-cherished adaptation of Dark Shadows a reality as his next film.

While he's still armpit-deep in post-production on Alice In Wonderland, he's told MTV that the supernatural soap is on his to do list, for a planned shoot next year.

“That’s something that Johnny (Depp) and I both love and are excited about,” the director says. “When I’m done with this I’ll definitely focus on that.”

Depp has been talking about it, too - listing as one of the movies he plans to make next year. And unlike some of his other future projects (coughPirates 4cough), it's a little further along.

But Burton admits there will be decisions to be made, specifically about the tone of the thing. "It’s another challenge because it was such a weird soap opera.

"Part of the energy of it was the tone and weirdness of it. That’s our challenge, to try to capture that vibe.”

What vibe? It's a show that blended soap opera convention with ghosts, zombies and werewolves, with Depp eyeing the meaty role of vampire Barnabas Collins (above).

And where does Burton think he'll go with it? “That remains to be seen. That’s a question and a challenge we talk about a lot. I haven’t arrived at the answer.

"That’s definitely a main issue, the tone and the vibe of it because as we all know melodrama can cross over. It’s one of the more interesting things about it.”

Still, you've got to admit that the more we learn, the more it feels perfect for Burton.

Source: http://www.totalfilm.com/news/tim-burton-plans-dark-shadows-next/

Offline Lynne

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • "The world's always ending." --Ianto Jones
    • Elizabeth Warren for Massachusetts
« Reply #29 on: July 22, 2009, 09:41:30 am »
In what is called the WishVerse episodes of Buffy, both Willow and Xander make great vamps. Willow, played be Alyson Hannigan, is particularly disturbing. And she has a terrific line - "I feel kinda gay now."
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 12:57:48 pm by Lynne »
"Laß sein. Laß sein."