Author Topic: Heath Ledger's 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus' Trailer Debuts  (Read 2707 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
You can watch the trailer by clicking on the link below!

From Moviefone...

Heath Ledger's 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus' Trailer Debuts

Get ready to cheer, Heath Ledger fans -- you're about to get your first real peek at the dearly departed actor's final big-screen performance in the eye-popping fantasy flick 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus.'

Though Ledger tragically passed away before completing his part, director Terry Gilliam famously tapped Johnny Depp, Jude Law and Colin Farrell to play different incarnations of Ledger's character so that the show might go on.

Go on it did ... and now, at long last, the 'Parnassus' international trailer has arrived, courtesy of Yahoo UK (the movie has yet to be picked up for U.S. distribution), to offer a glimpse at Ledger's whimsical final turn as "Imaginarium Tony," a charismatic loner who helps Dr. Parnassus (Christopher Plummer) in his quest to win back his daughter's soul from the devil. Watch the trailer below, then let us know what you think. -- By Tom DiChiara

http://www.moviefone.com/insidemovies/2009/08/11/heath-ledger-the-imaginarium-of-dr-parnassus-trailer/?icid=main|htmlws-main|dl7|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.moviefone.com%2Finsidemovies%2F2009%2F08%2F11%2Fheath-ledger-the-imaginarium-of-dr-parnassus-trailer%2F

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
Re: Heath Ledger's 'The Imaginarium of Dr. Parnassus' Trailer Debuts
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2009, 04:31:19 am »
Thanks for posting David.

Love that smile at -0:34 :)

I've said it before: I don't think this will be my kind of movie. Probably too far out, too 'fantastic', too Gilliam for my taste. But I'll go and see it first chance I get.

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2009, 06:31:00 am »
Here's the smile I was talking about:

(cross-posted on HHH)

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2009, 06:39:40 am »
TIODP does look to be a far out fantasy and probably hard for me to follow, but I want to see Heath's performance.  I will definitly go.   And your right Chrissy~that smile of Heath's is amazing.  He was beautiful.