Author Topic: Breaking Movie Soundtrack News!!!  (Read 2750 times)

Offline brokeback-fan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
Breaking Movie Soundtrack News!!!
« on: August 05, 2006, 11:10:24 pm »
Every time I watch Brokeback Mountain, I will notice something I did not see in the other umpteenth times I have watched this movie.  What is funny is that I noticed the music they were playing in the background when Jack went down to Mexico.  I had heard Quizas, Quizas, Quizas before and instantly recognized it the first time I watched the movie.  A few artists have done this song in the past, most notably Nat King Cole.  I was so mad they did not put this song on the CD soundtrack! In my opinion, it is THE most beautiful rendition of the song. 

Well, on a whim I was searching youtube for Quizas, Quizas, Quizas and this video showed up:

It sounds almost exactly like the version in the movie!! This one is by Los Trio Panchos and the only thing I could find on it was from an album they did called Nuestros 30 Mejores Boleros, Vol. 2.  I went to every music website to try to listen to a snippit, but none of them had it except for Circuit City.  Weird.  When I played the snippit though, it was of a woman singing, so something is not right in the info.

Anyways, I know some of you out there felt the way I did about this song so I wanted to pass it along (especially the youtube part).

I am such a Brokeback geek, but I love it!!  ::)

Peace...

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
Re: Breaking Movie Soundtrack News!!!
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2006, 11:04:10 pm »
Welcome, Friend....I recognized the song instantly also and was disappointed that it did not make the soundtrack.  Unfortunately, the soundtrack did not include all 25 songs credited in the end credits, and it makes me very angry!  The movie version of "Quizas, Quizas, Quizas" is performed by Rick Garcia.  I am a collector of Nat King Cole albums, but did not know he had done this song.  Do you happen to know the title of the album that includes it  Thanks...Doug

Offline brokeback-fan

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 09:12:48 pm »
Yes, commemorating the 40th anniversary of Nat King Cole's death in 1965, The World of Nat King Cole compilation CD was created to celebrate his music.  Quizas, Quizas, Quizas is one of the songs on the CD.  It is wonderful! Here is the link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00065YMRG/102-6660899-4622535?v=glance&n=5174

:)

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 09:20:36 pm »
I really like the version of it in "Strictly Ballroom," too.  I don't know the artist, but it's a woman and it's really subtle and soft.  Makes me want to go watch that movie again because I love the scene they use it in - it's probably my favorite in the movie.  Such chemistry.  But unfortunately it's lent out right now.
No more beans!

Offline 2robots4u

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 09:43:06 pm »
brokeback-fan...thanks for the link.  I don't have that particular CD, so I'm interested in getting it.  Will check it out tonight...Doug

Offline Rutella

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2006, 04:20:13 pm »
The song is also used a lot in one of my other favourite movie, In the Mood for Love, (dir Wong Kar-wai) another gorgeously cinematic film about thwarted love. Sniff.  :'(

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2006, 05:51:55 pm »
My favorite version of "Quizas, Quizas, Quizas," based on listening to 30 seconds of every version at the iTunes music store, is Desi Arnaz!  In Spanish and English.

The song also featured prominently in the film Tortilla Soup.