Author Topic: Vote for Heath, Jake, Hugh and others for Best Male Performer of the 00's  (Read 5016 times)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
Here's an interesting contest from film.com, the Best Male Performer of the 00's:

http://www.film.com/features/story/best-male-performance-00s-round/29585174?pageid=IPM_mov_081409&pcode=RN&rsrc=null.null&cpath=CNT

Actors are pitted against each other in pairs.  How they came up with them is a mystery, but go vote!
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
I just voted again, and Heath is beating Paul Newman 78/22 percent, Hugh is losing to Javier Bardem 49/51 and Jake is losing to Daniel Day-Lewis 37/63.

If you do vote, please give a boost to my faves Frank Langella, Viggo Mortensen and Daniel Craig, who are all behind in their individual contests. :)

http://www.film.com/features/story/best-male-performance-00s-round/29585174?pageid=IPM_mov_081409&pcode=RN&rsrc=null.null&cpath=CNT
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

Well that was crazy.  The nuttiest one of all IMO:

Forest Whitaker, The Last King of Scotland
         vs.
Sacha Baron Cohen, Borat

Hunh?   :laugh:

But I voted, though not always the way you hoped, Meryl, sorry.

:)

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Thanks for voting, Clarissa.  8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

And here's my biggest secret - you know I'm a card-carrying Heathen, but I voted for Paul Newman. 

Whew, what a relief getting that off my chest.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
And here's my biggest secret - you know I'm a card-carrying Heathen, but I voted for Paul Newman. 

Whew, what a relief getting that off my chest.

I'll forgive you, seeing as Heath is winning by a mile.  ;)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Round 3 is up now. 

http://www.film.com/features/story/best-male-performance-00s-round/29775866

Heath's Joker is going gangbusters over Ken Watanabe in The Last Samurai:D

Jake's Donnie Darko didn't make it to Round 3; he got beaten by Daniel Day-Lewis in Gangs of New York.  Hugh Jackman in The Prestige got beaten by Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men.  See, you shoulda voted!   :P
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
Aww poor Jake...

I voted for Heath, Joaquin and for whoever it was that ran against Gerard Butler in 300  ::)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
See, you shoulda voted!

Oh, I did vote. Several times actually. Just never gotten back to this thread and replied ::).

Right now I only voted for Heath in Round 3. Will go back later and work my way through all the pages :).

Jake's Donnie Darko didn't make it to Round 3; he got beaten by Daniel Day-Lewis in Gangs of New York.

That was a tough one. I think one time I voted for DDL, but the other times for our Jake.

Hugh Jackman in The Prestige got beaten by Javier Bardem in No Country for Old Men.

I think I must be the only woman on BM who doesn't care for Hugh Jackman. I hope I won't get my card revoked ::) :laugh:.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Vote for Heath, Jake, Hugh and others for Best Male Performer of the 00's
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2009, 11:43:29 am »
The contest is now in the Sweet Sixteen stage.  Heath is still beating the stuffing out of his competition, which is (heh) his old nemesis Phillip Seymour Hoffman.

Daniel Day-Lewis and Russell Crowe, two of my favorites, are now out of the competition.  If you vote and are in a charitable mood, please vote for my LOTR buddies Elijah Wood and Ian McKellen.  I'd also like to see Daniel Craig and Benicio del Toro get into the final eight.

http://www.film.com/features/story/best-male-performance-00s-sweet/29955286
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
Re: Vote for Heath, Jake, Hugh and others for Best Male Performer of the 00's
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2009, 12:04:39 pm »
Now it's down to the Elite Eight, and Heath is still looking good, beating Javier Bardem 55% to 45%.  However, this is the narrowest margin he's had over any competitor, so it would be wise to vote numerous times for him to make sure he stays ahead.

My man Elijah Wood is still holding his own, too, against the formidable Johnny Depp.  Much as I like Johnny, I still think Elijah's contribution to the Ring movies gave them a true center and great heart, and I hope he'll come out the winner.

Go here to vote:  http://www.film.com/features/story/best-male-performance-00s-elite/30053034
Ich bin ein Brokie...