Author Topic: What "Twilight" needs; Buffy  (Read 2659 times)

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
What "Twilight" needs; Buffy
« on: August 17, 2009, 03:43:29 pm »
I never liked the movie "Twilight" very much. Now I finally know what the movie was lacking; it was lacking Buffy.
Yes, Buffy. A female lead that doesn´t faint everytime her beau is near.

Check out this excellent vid. This is how Twilight should have been. Buffy makes some good points regarding Edward´s behaviour :)

[youtube=425,350]<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="
&hl=sv&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
&hl=sv&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: What "Twilight" needs; Buffy
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2009, 05:18:38 pm »
Damn! I can't watch the video! >:(

What did it say? I can see Edward up there in the very first frame. I really enjoyed Twilight and I'm a long time Buffy fan so I'd love to see Buffy and Twilight somehow combined into one. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2009, 05:23:23 pm »
OMG LOL!!

This was sooo funny (and made me want to watch Buffy again. I was so in love with the "Angel" episode they had wisely used clips from!)

Edward Cullen comes across as the most vapid emo vampire ever! Urgh!  I've been thinking that the Twilight movie *has* to be better than the book (which was the unbelievably horrific diary of a Mary Sue) because Edward at least looks good - but now I'm not sure.

Vampires with edge and attitude and *real* brooding skills please - and a slayer to kick their butts!

Thank you for posting this.  :)

Offline Mikaela

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Unsaid... and now unsayable
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2009, 05:28:13 pm »
Damn! I can't watch the video! >:(

What did it say? I can see Edward up there in the very first frame. I really enjoyed Twilight and I'm a long time Buffy fan so I'd love to see Buffy and Twilight somehow combined into one. :)

David, it has combined Buffy and Twilight clips to make it seem as if Edward is wooing Buffy - very vapidly and completely cluelessly, because she's *so* not interested. She's rejecting his every advance, though he keeps coming back for more, and she eventually rejects him in the way a slayer should properly reject a vampire....  :o.  It's skillfully made, and totally funny.

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2009, 07:26:14 pm »
I never liked the movie "Twilight" very much. Now I finally know what the movie was lacking; it was lacking Buffy.  Yes, Buffy. A female lead that doesn´t faint everytime her beau is near.

Check out this excellent vid. This is how Twilight should have been. Buffy makes some good points regarding Edward´s behaviour :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That was fantastic Monika!  :D :D

Vampires aren't supposed to be romantic and lovey.  They're monsters.

;D

Buffy kicked his ass!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!