Author Topic: The post-divorce scene observations  (Read 7854 times)

Offline welliwont

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: The post-divorce scene observations
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2006, 03:06:04 pm »
This scene is is soooo sad, poor Jack,  :'( :'( :'(

so sure that loving Ennis and being with his one true love is worth any sacrifice, no hesitation....  I don't know how Jack survived this disappointment (disappointment doesn't even begin to describe).  damn you Ennis!

Someone asked Jake in an interview (going by memory here,  ::)) :  "How did Jack die?"  or something similar, and Jake answered (I am paraphrasing):  "Jack starts to die the moment he realizes that he will never have the sweet life with Ennis".  I think this is the moment, and I don't know how Jack ever had the strength to keep going back to Ennis for another eight years.

:'(

J
Then the clouds opened up and God said, "I hate you, Alfafa."

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2006, 03:11:10 pm »

so sure that loving Ennis and being with his one true love is worth any sacrifice, no hesitation....  I don't know how Jack survived this disappointment (disappointment doesn't even begin to describe).  damn you Ennis!

Someone asked Jake in an interview (going by memory here,  ::)) :  "How did Jack die?"  or something similar, and Jake answered (I am paraphrasing):  "Jack starts to die the moment he realizes that he will never have the sweet life with Ennis".  I think this is the moment, and I don't know how Jack ever had the strength to keep going back to Ennis for another eight years.

Actually, I think this was asked of Jake at the Aero screening back in February, right Elle/RouxB/Kirk/Thierrypie/any other lucky bastard I'm forgetting?  I agree - this is the beginning of the end for Jack.  And the fact that he survived this setback (using another inadequate word here) is just a testament, I think, to the depth of the fire of his existence.  A lesser mortal surely wouldn't have lasted.
No more beans!

Offline jpwagoneer1964

• Me and my 1951 DeSoto Suburban
« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2006, 03:12:14 pm »

J
I think he love him so much take whatever Ennis would give. He as well as Ennis still lived for the few weeks a year they spent together.
Thank you Heath and Jake for showing us Ennis and Jack,  teaching us how much they loved one another.

Offline twistedude

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "It's nobody's business but ours."
    • "every sort of organized noise"
« Reply #23 on: August 11, 2006, 03:37:11 pm »
"...you wear such nice clothes." Ever read that? Nah...of course, he leaves his jacket in the truck. It's warm in Juarez, even in the late winter.
"We're each of us alone, to be sure. What can you do but hold your hand out in the dark?" --"Nine Lives," by Ursula K. Le Guin, from The Wind's Twelve Quarters

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2006, 12:41:39 pm »
bump
Ich bin ein Brokie...