Author Topic: How will we honor Heath's birthday?  (Read 27674 times)

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
Re: How will we honor Heath's birthday?
« Reply #10 on: April 02, 2006, 02:16:47 pm »
I like that idea opinionista.. It is still thankfully playing at one theater here in NYC, and I think that it may be my last showing in a theater setting for a while....A good day to see it.
And you can offer up a prayer of thanks for MLK, Jr too, on April 4th. The day he was killed.
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: April 02, 2006, 02:23:17 pm »
Jenny, opinionista! That's a good idea! I'll go see BBM again on the 4th and will have a thought for MLK Jr! Yes!

I so did not realize that the DVD release in the States coincides with Heath's birthday! That's wonderful! Wonder if Michelle is going to get him a BBM DVD.. not that he doesn't already have one, but well.. maybe not. Anyway, I'm going to order mine on amazon.co.uk soon!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12 on: April 02, 2006, 04:50:28 pm »
Thanks for the recipe, Leslie!

Gotta remember to file that one with Lureen's Cheesy Potato Soup. Remember that one?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #13 on: April 02, 2006, 05:33:01 pm »
I could go see Brokeback, it's still playing in theatres here for 2 weeks :P

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #14 on: April 02, 2006, 10:01:31 pm »

Gotta remember to file that one with Lureen's Cheesy Potato Soup. Remember that one?

I remember it, but since it is in a post that has probably long since been deleted, I don't have it anymore. To be honest, this cherry cake sounds much tastier than that cheesy potato soup recipe (remember, it had 16 pieces of American cheese, ripped in shred? Blech.).

Hey, Heath, if you're lurking here, happy birthday!
Leslie

Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #15 on: April 02, 2006, 10:06:22 pm »

I remember it, but since it is in a post that has probably long since been deleted, I don't have it anymore. To be honest, this cherry cake sounds much tastier than that cheesy potato soup recipe (remember, it had 16 pieces of American cheese, ripped in shred? Blech.).

Hey, Heath, if you're lurking here, happy birthday!
Leslie

I saved the recipe as a Word file at the office. I'll send it to you tomorrow. ;^)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2006, 01:09:16 am »
Take a swig of whiskey, recite the Book of Ennis, and bow three times in the direction of Brooklyn.  Then buy the DVD.  ;D

8) HAPPY BIRTHDAY, HEATH! 8)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2009, 10:14:58 pm »
In honor of BetterMost's Bumpfest, I went to the last page of Chez Tremblay to find an old, old thread that would be fun or useful to bump, and saw this.  It's from 3 days after we Tremblayans migrated here to BetterMost from IMDb.

Heath's birthday is April 4th.  Got plans?

Offline Brown Eyes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2009, 10:35:59 pm »
In honor of BetterMost's Bumpfest, I went to the last page of Chez Tremblay to find an old, old thread that would be fun or useful to bump, and saw this.  It's from 3 days after we Tremblayans migrated here to BetterMost from IMDb.

Heath's birthday is April 4th.  Got plans?

Good job Elle!!  What a great thread to have found.

You're absolutely right that his birthday is coming up again soon.  We should all put our heads together and come up with something special.

I'll also always remember the nice coincidence that the BBM DVD was initially released on Heath's birthday.

the world was asleep to our latent fuss - bowie

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2009, 11:53:51 pm »
I spent the morning last year on his birthday with our lovely Roux, at the beach.